UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.8

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Five interviews in total spanning some ten weeks. Four audio/telephonic only and one in person with a panel teleconferencing with four people. Hired and no training or discussion of direction for the first five weeks of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Accomplishments as an individual contributor versus group accomplishments. Which do you prefer and why.   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed.

Consultant Interview

Got recruited at campus. Attended career fair, 2 rounds of interviews and was given offer letter. Round 1 was behavioral and round 2 was more of a discussion on past experience, 'fit' . Interview questions were standard. Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary.

HEDIS Review Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2014.

I was hired for a contract review and was telephone interviewed by management back east. They asked very standard questions. They were friendly and informative about what they were specifically interested.

Claims Associate Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

interview process was easy they were four rounds of interview 1. face to face 2. aptitude test 3. typing test 4. ops. round.
    it was an average interview.
    questions asked in the interview were very common and expected
    ex; why UHG?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2013.

* Process is bot faster as compared to other IT companies
    * There will be most two detailed technical rounds followed by a managerial round.
    * Technical questions may also be shoot in Managerial round and knowledge of end to end process is tested in this round.
    * Interviews are technically sound, so be prepared for long and a good technical interview. Like if it is for any BI tool then you should have knowledge on at least two or more BI tools knowledge and good knowledge on SQL and DW concepts.
    * Recruiters are understanding, if you give them a genuine reason then joining dates could be adjusted.

Interview Questions
    • * Managerial round was very detailed and he asked about each and every process followed in both development and production support.   View Answer
    I needed not to negotiate much...recruiter already offered me beyond the market hikes.

EAP Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The interview process seems fairly streamlined through the UHG recruiting system. Recruiter was clearcut in the process, but the second interviewers were not. Recruiter and on-site second interviewers described the job differently. First interview was not as clinical as second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a conflict with your teammate and how you worked through that.
      Please describe how you worked through a complex case.
        Answer Question

On Site Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

Started with the online application submission, next day i recieved an email of reciept and an invitation to do a recorded video. The video was one way, lots of practise questions if you need them. Prepared in advance, have answers to possible scenario type questions prepared. Best advise. .....smile! The recruiter later told me thats what made me stand out.the day after the video was submitted, i recieved a request for a phone interview with a recruiter. Set my time and they were very punctual! Brief phone interview, reviewed job description, benefits and pay range. Then told that the hiring manager would be calling me in the next few days. That same day, she called to set up anotherphone interview with herself and an additional person. Compledted next day, situational questions, further clarity about job and expectations. After interview i sent a thank you email and two hours later, a response with information regarding start dates. The next day, job offer. Now pending drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, as i had used this forum prior to the interview and already knew the type of questions being asked   Answer Question
    No need, what i was hoping for

UnitedHealth Group Response

Sep 15, 2014Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share insights around your positive experience and congratulations on your offer!

Provider Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2011.

Online application
    Asked to schedule face to face interview online
    Assessment on site
    Asked to stay on for a face to face interview with HR
    HR rep asked if I could stay on to speak with the Manager
    Spoke with the manager
    HR rep presented some paper work asking if the salary was acceptable and since I did not have call center experience I accepted.
    Got a call with a job offer by the end of the day

Interview Questions
    • It was not difficult but you would need to stay on point when answering question on where you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question
    Include ALL experience, I regret not negotiating and not listing all my customer service experience and skill

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Met Manager at the office. Very pleasant and professional. typical interview question- like job history.
    Good experience. Got interviewed and hired right away. I reiterated what was written on my resume. No further questions asked.

ASE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2013.

simple you have to find any internal member to get a call... the worst thing..
    then make resume the same way as required..
    then they will have simple maths and c test questions
    after that simple GD with no concerns
    then Technical +HR very low technical..
    HR can be smart.. to degrade your potential

Interview Questions

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!