UnitedHealth Group

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

up until the second phone interview i felt they are encouraging and fair and i had good hopes about them as an employer. the initial tests were easy for me because i have long term experience in healthcare insurance. the second Interview changed all that and frankly it was downright awful.

Interview Questions
    • the interviewer was much too nosy about my ex employer trying to get me to trash talk why i was applying to them and they had sent the job salary too, yes it was a decrease but it became almost accusatory and very unsettling when he wouldn't let that go either, after that i felt he was at best rude. the situation questions i felt were a waste of my time because i already answered similar on the initial test. needless to say i wasn't too surprised when i received my blow off email that i didn't get the job, a job i could do in my sleep. i wouldn't waste my time applying here again and i feel that their interviewer should be fired for how he treats potential job candidates.   View Answer

Community Health Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2014.

Applied online, a recruiter called set up a telephone interview for the next morning. The telephone interview was with three ladies all of whom have been with the company for a few years. Very relaxed during interview and it was like talking to some old friends. They asked a few questions about my job experience and how I would feel being in different situations on the job. End of interview. Was contacted the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions was from my experience and from my resume.   Answer Question
    The offered more than I asked for, so no negotiation needed.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

Cleared 3 rounds of interview @ UHG, Gurgaon and HR told me that you got selected and will get back to you for salary discussion but they never called me.

Telephonic Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2013.

I believed the recruiting company is outsourced. After submitting my application and going through the interviewing process, then three later months later I was offered a completly different position that I applied originally. First, I received an email from a recruiter looking a time to speak to me. Then after 3 failed attempts from the recuiter who was apparently sick, we did it and everything went pretty smooth. He sounded very nice and corteous.

Interview Questions
    • He asked common questions,such as, What did I considered were my strenghts and weaknesses ? How would I manage a stressfull situation ? etc..   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. Should have.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2010.

Interview was pretty basic, first call screening by HR, then onsite interview with about 4 different managers. The entire onsite interview took about 4 hrs, everyone was very friendly and was very open about the company. Make sure to ask plenty of questions, this is the best way to get a feel for if this is the right company for you.

There were basic technical questions during one portion of the interview, just basic sql query type questions.

Interview Questions
    • I'd say the difficulty rating is about average, strengths weaknesses, stuff like that.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, the offer was higher then expected and posted amount.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

filled out the application, waited for over one month before receiving an email ask me to record an interview video; and then had a brief phone screening with the recruiter; and final interview was face-to-face with the hiring manager. after receiving a conditional offer, has to do a comprehensive background check as well as drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • video recording wasn't easy as I kept redoing it over and over again to make sure i look best. everything else was not hard.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

Learned about the position through an intern reception where I gave them my resume. I was contacted a few days later to come in for an on site interview. After that it took approximately a week to hear back from them. I did not get the position unfortunately but the process seemed pretty standard.

IT Quality Analyst Interview

It was a very smooth and good process.It tool 2 weeks for me and everything was fine.Will ask others as well to join.

IT Claims Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Phone interview with the hiring manager - easy.
    In-person interview to meet the team I will be working with if I get the position - easy. Three people I met with and pretty much each person had there own set of questions to ask about claims, EDI or the confirgation sets in FACETS.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part was answering truthfully to the questions I did not know off the top of my head because I have not been on FACETS is 3.5 years.   Answer Question

Manager Applications Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

From introduction screening with the UHG recruiter through interview with hiring manager the time it took was approximately 2 weeks.

The screening from the recruiter was simple but pertinent questions were asked to make sure a fit had potential. Follow-up was slow in coming but an interview was set up with the hiring manager.

The interview with the hiring manager was much less than expected and anticipated. After a short introduction I was asked to traverse through my resume through all prior positions starting from the time I graduated from my University. The interviewer seemed to have little input or questions. Overall a disappointing experience.

My hunch is the hiring manager already had a candidate already in mind and this interview was just an exercise to check off a necessary hiring check box.

Interview Questions
    • There were absolutely zero difficult questions. It was unexpected that I would need to basically read through my resume' as one would expect the hiring person to have perhaps at least looked at it prior to an interview.   Answer Question