UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.8

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Several jobs popped up in my town (which never happens), so I applied for all of them. Within a day or 2, I got emails to take the assessments related to the jobs I applied for. I took, then at the end of the week saw there was going to be job fair the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you dealt with someone unethical, and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

A recruiter emailed me to discuss the job and the pay and when the training class starts. I was asked to fill out some paper work and email the signed paper work back to them. After that they said they were going to call me if they want to further the process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied on line. Took the assessment. Four days later I got a call from recruiter, they left a voicemail calling about my application. I called back, got recruiter's vm saying they would call me back in order my call was received, this was their busiest time of year. About a week and a half later got call back from recruiter. They went over what the job responsibilities entailed, training dates, schedule, pay. Asked if I was ok with all of it. I said I was. Scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter the following week, said it would be an hour going over my resume. Recruiter asked behavior ?'s. There was a fire drill 1/2 way thru my interview. Rec called me back. Got e-mail next day saying I didn't get the job. I believe my last job salary precluded me (it was twice the offer from uhg.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an irate customer. How did you handle them and turn them around?   View Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

First did a Hirevue online interview (3 easy questions), then a phone interview with HR, then an in person with the hiring manager, and finally an in person with team members.

I thought everything went well, but haven't heard from them in almost a month, aside from a standard email saying I'm still under consideration. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with XYZ?
      What makes you a good fit.
        Answer Question

Medical Coding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2014.

Medical coding positions that do not require the certification are virtually non-existent, except for UHG. I was extremely appreciative that this company is willing to take experienced coders that have not obtained the certifications, so I jumped at the chance to apply for this position. I completed the virtual interview (consists of three basic questions and you complete this using a webcam), had two phone interviews, and a face-to-face with a coding assessment(find codes and abstract a discharge summary). This process went smoothly and everyone was plenty to speak with....until I did the face-to-face. I interviewed with a male and female, and they were two of the stuffiest people I have ever interviewed for. Limp handshakes, never smiled, and didn't seem interested in interviewing me at all. Like they were just going the motions, and it was very intimidating for no particular reason. I knew within the first 5 minutes of sitting down that I wouldn't get the position. I tried to focus on my work ethic, my teamwork skills, and my ability to receive criticism and feedback, but I don't think it mattered.

I did also apply for the Junior Coder position, which is a position lower than the one I interviewed for, but I probably won't get that position either. I will consider re-applying at UHG, but not for Medical Coding positions, as that was the only negative part about the entire process. I feel that if the people interviewing me really didn't think I was that qualified, they shouldn't have contacted me.

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what has been the most difficult issue regarding your coworkers.   View Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

I had 3 interviews, internet, telephone, and in person. Questions asked centered around a success story and a job failure. I did not get the job. Because i had talked to so many people prior to the final interview, I had already asked all my questions. I think the reason i did not get the job, was because i did not ask any questions at the end of the in person interview.

ICFR Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Applied Online, received email within a week for a digital online interview, received a call within a week for an in person interview. Interviewer was fast and could barely understand him.

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I had one interview with this company and found it to be a pleasant experience. The recruiter called for a short interviwe, set up with the hiring manager and got back in touch within two days. The time between acceptance of the position and actual start date was prolong by the company. The hiring process can be lengthy.

Interview Questions
    • What example can you give and how did you handle conflict resolution.   Answer Question
    Salary negotiation was completed within 1 week of interview.

Claim Appeals Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. She basically told me about the job specifics and asked a few questions regarding the job qualifications. Afterwards, she gave me the option to do either a phone interview or a digital interview.

I chose to do the digital interview, which basically was a one-way video interview where they asked me 4 different questions. At the start of each question, they give you 30 seconds to prepare your answer and then it starts recording you for up to 3 minutes. They let you practice with practice questions beforehand to get you used to the process. You can do the digital interview on your own time, which was convenient. You just have to complete it within 48 hours.

The next day, I was contacted by the same recruiter who said I passed the digital interview and wanted to schedule a brief phone interview with another recruiter. This interview is fairly simple. They ask you about the different positions that you have held within the last 7 years... How much you were making, your primary responsibilities, etc. If they feel you are qualified, they will call you back to schedule a face to face interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter ended up calling me 2 hours after I finished the phone interview to schedule my face to face for the following Monday.

I went to the office building for my face to face interview. Be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes early, dress professionally, bring copies of your resume and make sure you ask for the hiring manager by name! I had my interview, which was also fairly simple. The hiring manager went over the job specifics again, what was expected, and then asked me a few questions such as why I wanted to work there, what my career aspirations are, etc. At the end of the interview, I asked him a few questions. Be sure to have your questions prepared beforehand. Do your research on UHG and ask intelligent questions! He told me he thought I was a good fit and said that he would talk to the recruiter regarding his feedback. I was told to expect something within the next week or so.

Two days later, I got a phone call offering me the job! I am currently awaiting the background check and drug test. Overall, it was a very good experience! Very professional, efficient and easy. Recruiters were very helpful in the process and made it an overall pleasant experience. Good luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and had to apologize to someone.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you experienced someone else doing something unethical.   Answer Question

Senior Client Service Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Started with an assessment before I was green lighted to begin a formal interview process with another assessment. Then I was emailed to attend an open house afterwhich I complete a video interview. Hiring managers summoned me for an in person interview a few days later. And it was wonderful. 10 minutes after that interview the recruiter contacted me to see if I'd consider taking the position.

You won't have much luck finding a better work-life balance. It's a decent, safe place to work. You'll work with smart people and make a solid wage.

Interview Questions
    • Your computer skills, examples of when you've gone above and beyond.   Answer Question
    confusing. My contract was sent from India and the numbers were $1/hour off but they fixed it by the time I recvd my paycheck