UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

1,100 Interview Reviews

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Miami, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

the interview process from initial contact to hiring was fast compared to other corporations. Everyone involved in the process was very professional and accurate. Every thing was transparent, and no hidden agendas as far as i could see.

Interview Questions

• describe an occasion where you feel you helped a customer out of a negative situation.   Answer Question

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kansas City, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with Human resources. The human resources representative was very nice and willing to listen to answers. The Human resources representative really deeply dove into what the possible applicant was about, his or her likes and dislikes, and asked very personable questions that made you feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider a healthy work/life balance?   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kingston, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

After the online application process, I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 40 out of the 60 minutes that I was told it would take. The interviewer was great. Very pleasant and easy to talk to. The next day, I got a call to set up a formal, in person interview at the job location. This also went great. I interviewed with two people who started out in the position I was applying for and worked their way up. They, too, were very pleasant the interview with.

Interview Questions

• In general about my computer experience as well as work experience and if I was comfortable on the computer, especially using short cuts.   1 Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The in person interview was a panel of two supervisors who ask questions regarding your customer service experience and any experience with medical terminology or medications. It's a good idea to stress your customer service and problem solving abilities during this interview along with your ability to multi-task on a personal computer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to give a customer an answer of no and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only way to get more than starting is if you have a degree. Benefits kicked in the 1st day of the month after you have started. Best to be willing to work any shift between the hours of 5am-10pm because sometimes you may get an undesirable schedule.

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkridge, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Elkridge, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process moved along quite expeditiously. I submitted my application online one day and then a couple of days later I received a response via email to schedule a phone interview. After completing the phone interview then a day or so later I received a follow up call to interview in person.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest obstacle you had to overcome?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Process took 6 long weeks. Applied May 15. Took a behavior test after completed app. Two weeks after that, got a email for a phone interview. Was scheduled a second interview onsite the following week. And just got an offer June 29, 2015.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had deal with difficult customer? And what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Sales Medicare, Medicaid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Disorganized. Recruiter couldn't effectively describe the job. Had to have a script to dialogue.

Felt like they were doing a salary survey.

Hiring manager didn't review my resume.

I knew before going in that it was just a "check the box we've interviewed this person" going in the door.

Youth based culture.

Good ole' boys club.

There's other competing companies

As a candidate, don't sell yourself short. Look around and see what places are open to diversity.

Clinical Appeals Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I received a call from the Recruiter 20 minutes after applying for the position. I was asked basic screening questions and was sent a link for Hirevue, which was awkward for me since it was my first time using a webcam for interviewing purposes. The next day, the recruiter contacted me and said I should hear from the hiring manager within 1-2 weeks. I received a call from the Director based out of Texas 3 weeks later and scheduled a phone interview for the middle of the week. The interview went smooth and I was told a decision would be made within 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, I received an email to complete the self identification in order to remain as a candidate for the position. As I attempted to complete the self identification, I viewed my profile and the status changed to "No longer under consideration." At this point, I was confused and thought that I wasn't selected until I received a call from the Recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. What was the process and result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is key. The recruiter presented an offer, but I asked for more money. Three days later, I was offered a little more than the original offer, but less than the amount I asked for.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Horsham, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

A little convoluted - recruitment team is based in MN and doesn't completely understand the environment and cultural differences in the Horsham office. Recruitment does the first screen. Submits candidates to hiring manager. Then there was only one face-to-face interview. As I understand it, through technology, they now ask candidates for a video interview which is recorded prior to face-to-face.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Bangalore (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

There are 5 rounds of interview. Each one will take atleast 30 Minutes.
    Interview process is difficult. Offer process is taking 10 days.
    first 3 rounds are technical discussions. Next 2 rounds of interview are based on management questions.