UnitedHealth Group

Getting the Interview

616 candidate interviews

IT Director Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – Three interviews plus numerous calls from internal recruiter.

Negotiation Details – There is room to negotiate.

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – recruiter scheduled a one on one interview

Interview Question – something i dont like about my former boss   View Answer

Senior Developer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Contacted by in house recruiter for Optum via linkedin. She wooed me and was very nice, interviewed for about 2 hours at office in San Diego with IT staff. Thought it went well, thought I had the job or at least an offer, called the recruiter, she never called me back. Never heard back, EVER. Not even a thank you for your time. No follow up period. Several months later, got a call from a different in-house recruiter, via linkedin for the same job, same location. I politely passed.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult for me. It's what I do for a living.   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter who was very nice and professional, then scheduled for a 1 hour phone interview. The recruiter worked for UHG. It appears the person conducting the phone interview, however, was from an outsourced company as she called from a blocked #. The person conducting the telephone interview in my opinion should not be in her position. Very rude and unprofessional, and I was constantly interrupted when providing answers to her questions. She would then repeat what I told her but it was not what I had communicated to her. I kept having to correct her and I could sense this angered her.

RN Service Coordinator Interview

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – applied online. immediately received a "digital interview" link.

Interview Question – Basic questions . Not a very personable experience   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Excellent HR screening process. Professional, personable. Core essential questions were adequate to determine objective evaluation of all candidates. One hour in length. Process for communication with interview candidates upon passing on to hiring team was excellent. Email communication to inform of change of timeline due to holidays and project work. Interview process excellent. Summary of position and expectations preceded position qualification questions allowing for more relevant question/answer to evaluate candidate. Used a scoring system for objectivity. Respectful process.

Interview Question – All questions were quite relevant. However I would have to say the most challenging to answer was "what tool or tools do you use to assess/analyze in your OD and Project Management work".   View Answer

Manager of Sales Operations Interview

Lake Oswego, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Online application
2. Invite for a one-way video interview
3. Phone screen with recruiter
4. Email that the position was on hold
5. Email that the position was no longer available (assume not filled)

Interview Question – Traditional interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Internal interview process similarly mirrors external process. Resume submission was easy. Kept in contact with a combination of automated emails and recruiter phone calls. 1st interview was recruiter. 2nd with hiring manager. 2 weeks after the hiring manager interview, received contact from the recruiter about job offer. No formal offer letter due to internal transfer.

Interview Question – Do not recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent. Internal promotions are pretty much a take it or leave it event.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, given phone interview. Scheduled for 1 hour phone interview.

Interview Question – Be prepared to have your responses constantly interrupted midway through a sentence.
i.e., "Tell me about a time when you had an ethical problem and what you did about it..." Interviewer: "But I don't see what that has to do with ethics." Despite their website videos, this company appears to have no understanding of ethics.
I was asked by an individual in another department to pay her for a job.
  Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Initially received a screening call from a human resources recruiter, then I had a phone interview with a manager from a different district. She asked straightforward questions, such as what is your biggest weakness, do you feel comfortable identifying potentially urgent medical conditions in patient's home without diagnostic tools, etc.

Interview Question – They were all expected and straightforward.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group interview questions and advice. All 616 interview reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees and interview candidates.