UnitedHealth Group

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.8

Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I went through four different interviews: one with the recruiter (via phone), one via webcam, one with the hiring manager (via phone), and one with the hiring manager's peer (via phone). I found the whole interview process to be awkward, impersonal and less than professional. By the time I talked to the hiring manager's peer, I had decided that if I was offered the job I would decline (they did not call me back). I never really felt like I connected with any of the interviewers.

Provider Resolution Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The recruiter that called me was very kind and knowledgeable about the position I had applied for. She scheduled me the next day for a face to face interview with the hiring manager.The iring manager was extremely down to earth and made me feel very comfortable.

easy

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

Extremely easy interview process. Spoke to a local recruiter who asked typical questions. Tell me about a complex situation you have encountered and how did you resolve it? Why should we hire you? I was then set up for a face to face interview for the following day. Interview was so much fun , extremely informal, more of a friendly conversation and she was very upfront about the complexities possibly involved withe position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last difficult situation you've encountered in your current and how did you address it?   Answer Question
    • Was there ever a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Health Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

There is an interview with a recruiter and then another with 2 supervisors during both interviews I was asked the exact same questions. Also, when interviewing for another position internally I was also asked the exact same interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • They always ask for very specific and detailed examples with your answers.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Customer Care Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

assessment and phone interview. The entire process took about 4 weeks. I don't think this is a great company by far!! The recruiter was rude, condescending, discriminatory and etc.... I know a quite a few people that work for this company. They told me that their department does not act rude, condescending, or discriminatory!! i think it all depends on the recruiter that you talk to!! i was just not lucky enough to get a nice person from this company.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you apply here if you are staying at home with kids   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Two rounds of interviews. First one on campus with behavioral questions. Then two rounds of interviews on site on the same day. Same type of questions. Also during the second round they give you a company overview and the site tour. Breakfast and lunch is provided. Interviewers were all very friendly. Seems like a good culture!

Manager Applications Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

From introduction screening with the UHG recruiter through interview with hiring manager the time it took was approximately 2 weeks.

The screening from the recruiter was simple but pertinent questions were asked to make sure a fit had potential. Follow-up was slow in coming but an interview was set up with the hiring manager.

The interview with the hiring manager was much less than expected and anticipated. After a short introduction I was asked to traverse through my resume through all prior positions starting from the time I graduated from my University. The interviewer seemed to have little input or questions. Overall a disappointing experience.

My hunch is the hiring manager already had a candidate already in mind and this interview was just an exercise to check off a necessary hiring check box.

Interview Questions
    • There were absolutely zero difficult questions. It was unexpected that I would need to basically read through my resume' as one would expect the hiring person to have perhaps at least looked at it prior to an interview.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

Learned about the position through an intern reception where I gave them my resume. I was contacted a few days later to come in for an on site interview. After that it took approximately a week to hear back from them. I did not get the position unfortunately but the process seemed pretty standard.

UAT Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I filled the application online. After a week I got an email from HireVue to take an online one way digital interview. This is easy step. All you need is computer with webcam and lot of confidence. They provide you enough time to rehearse with practice questions. Please make sure of your background. Wall should be plain and not busy, as this video is watched by lot of hiring people within the company. Make sure that you are presentable as you would be for face to face interview. Also make sure the room is well lighted ( no flashy light behind you or window). They asked 3 simple questions. First, Explain when you had a difficult or complex situation at work and how you handled it. Second, how would you handle multiple project with multiple deadline. Third, a time when you have to start a project from ground zero and how you did that. I have yet to hear back from the UHG recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • These are common questions for technical interview so I was not surprised.   View Answers (2)
    didn't find it necessary to negotiate

Senior Project Manager Interview

They came to recruit at a college. There was a one on one interview. Formal but very engaging. Asked a few questions. Was not as stressful as expected. After the first interview in a few days I received an email for the second interview at the office location.

Go to a second interview