UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

1,146 Interview Reviews

2.7

Sales Medicare, Medicaid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Disorganized. Recruiter couldn't effectively describe the job. Had to have a script to dialogue. Felt like they were doing a salary survey. Hiring manager didn't review my resume. I knew before going in that it was just a "check the box we've interviewed this person" going in the door. Youth based culture. Good ole' boys club. There's other competing companies As a candidate, don't sell yourself short. Look around and see what places are open to diversity.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Marietta, GA).

Interview

The interview went smooth the on the phone and in person. The long part is going through the hard process of the in depth background screening. I didn't like that I got the offer only if I pass everything. It's like you on pins and needles until you go to orientations..I don't do drugs but I didn't fill the line up, so I had to wait at the faculty until I could and if I leave, I would be saying I use drugs or I am not willing to cooperate. I had up to 3 hours also.

Interview Questions

• All questions are about what would you do in different types of situations.   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Initially made contact with a recruiter. She was awesome. From that point, I went on to have 5 interviews. Yep, five. The fourth interview was face to face. Afterwards, I was contacted by the hiring manager's supervisor to interview me again. Apparently, the hiring manager was having some difficulty making a decision. Unfortunately, I was notified by email (from someone in HR that I'd no previous contact with) that I did not get the job. Totally rude. After wasting someone's time on 5 different occasions, I definitely believe a telephone call was warranted.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral interview. reading directly from a script. describe difficult patient? how did you handle adversity/conflict?   Answer Question

Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Virtual interview followed by telephonic interview, the virtual interview showed questions on screen and video recorded answers. The telephonic interview asked basic background questions and gave more information about the position. The next step would be an interview with a department manager. The questions were standard and the interviewer was pleasant and informative regarding position.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and within a day a recruiter from Colorado called. Completed the phone screening and set up an interview for the following business day. My interview was at 12:45, didn't get seen until 1:45 pm. I was asked 7 questions, then told to wait. They drug test on site at the Richardson location.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you witnessed something unethical   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It took 4 weeks plus for a face to face inteview. When I arrived no one did not know about the interview and took about 30 minutes for the security person to find someone for the interview. That's when I knew ...I was not gettting hired. I meet one person and had interview with another. The interview question was from their "UnitedHealth" website in form of behavior question. The whole process was laughable also if you don't know anyone that work there ...just keep looking...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time (Behavior interviews question) from their introduction website about the company   1 Answer

Provider Relations Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview, 2nd telephone Interview, presentation. Presentation needed to be about something you knew about and was given in front of 5 people. You had to create a power point and bring handouts

Interview Questions

• Describe how your background and experience meets what we are looking for.   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an irate provider?   1 Answer

The salary offered was not enough to convince me to leave my current employer in addition to the position required many of the same requirements that I do not like about my current position. Why give up seniority for the same situation and just a little more pay?

Remote Medical Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Norfolk, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via a talent recruitment agency. The position was completely remote and I was advised that UHC's selection would be based on the results of a coding and computer skills assessment.

Interview Questions

• There were two (2) exams; one for ICD coding the other for Excel. Both were approximately 40 questions long. The coding exam was multiple choice. They took about an hour and a half to complete a one sitting.   2 Answers

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Cypress, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

submitted online application/resume, then questionnaire of 50 multiple choice questions (many of which had no choices that were really appropriate), then 3 online interview assessments, one of which is a digital interview and it feels like you are talking to yourself (can you say awkward), then a phone interview where I wasn't asked anything that wasn't on my resume. Next would be an interview with a hiring manager. Long process.

Interview Questions

• questions so far were just repeating things that were on my resume already except why do I think I would be good for this position   1 Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

My experience has been long. I first applied for customer care professional last year. I made it to the phone interview, but the recruiter start complaining that I was talking too fast, and I knew I wasn't gonna process to the next step. Fast forward to a year and 6 months later I applied for this postiion which has the same pay. First after you submit your application, you complete an assessment. After that I got a phone call from a recruiter in the phillipines, to schedule a phone interview the next week. I actually ended up interviewing on the phone with the same person who scheduled it. There was a lot of technical difficulties and I had to call her back, but I got through the interview. It was about 30 minutes. Basically we went over my work history, then she asked why I want to work for them, and 5 behavioral scenario questions. I recommend that you research the company and answer the scenarios questions with examples from the job the is the most relevant to the position. Also answer the questions using the STAR method. Since I was prepared, the interview wasn't hard. Next I was told I was moving on to the final interview and received a call from talent acquisitions. I scheduled the interview the following day. At the final interview I was welcomed by the interviewer and most of the time we spent talking about the position, schedule, and dress code. I was asked 3 behavioral scenario questions. It was a very nice calm atmosphere, and I felt more like I was having a conversation than an interview. I was told I will receive a call next week, and by the interviewer attitude I feel I did very good. Now I am just waiting for a response, hopefully I will receive an offer, but if not I would use this experience to better me for my next interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a coworker says he/she doesn't understand there job?   1 Answer