UnitedHealth Group

Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

up until the second phone interview i felt they are encouraging and fair and i had good hopes about them as an employer. the initial tests were easy for me because i have long term experience in healthcare insurance. the second Interview changed all that and frankly it was downright awful.

Interview Questions
    • the interviewer was much too nosy about my ex employer trying to get me to trash talk why i was applying to them and they had sent the job salary too, yes it was a decrease but it became almost accusatory and very unsettling when he wouldn't let that go either, after that i felt he was at best rude. the situation questions i felt were a waste of my time because i already answered similar on the initial test. needless to say i wasn't too surprised when i received my blow off email that i didn't get the job, a job i could do in my sleep. i wouldn't waste my time applying here again and i feel that their interviewer should be fired for how he treats potential job candidates.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Phone screening with a recruiter first. Then you take a onsite timed analytical test on the computer. If you are not wired for this type of test you may find it difficult. Results are immediate then if you pass you wait to find out if your hired contingent on background & drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle multiple projects due around the same time?   Answer Question
    None offered a set pay rate. More like take or leave it. This would apply for potential employees applying from the outside.

Provider Relations Interview

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview process is standard. Recruitment specialist to determine initial qualifications, phone interview, and in person interviews. Really seem to want to find the best fit for the position. Prepared for standard interview questions, position related, and behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you have a clear understanding of what the position is. Be able to explain in your own words.   Answer Question
    I went in knowing the salary range and what I wanted. Between salary, pto, benefits was able to get what I was looking for.

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Very easy and fast! Person from recruiting contacting me and went through basic background information. Then was invited for a virtual interview which was very easy to complete. Recruiter contacted me and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager and within two days I recieved an offer!

Interview Questions
    Provided with the salary, no negotiation.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

filled out the application, waited for over one month before receiving an email ask me to record an interview video; and then had a brief phone screening with the recruiter; and final interview was face-to-face with the hiring manager. after receiving a conditional offer, has to do a comprehensive background check as well as drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • video recording wasn't easy as I kept redoing it over and over again to make sure i look best. everything else was not hard.   Answer Question

Community Health Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2014.

Applied online, a recruiter called set up a telephone interview for the next morning. The telephone interview was with three ladies all of whom have been with the company for a few years. Very relaxed during interview and it was like talking to some old friends. They asked a few questions about my job experience and how I would feel being in different situations on the job. End of interview. Was contacted the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions was from my experience and from my resume.   Answer Question
    The offered more than I asked for, so no negotiation needed.

IT Claims Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Phone interview with the hiring manager - easy.
    In-person interview to meet the team I will be working with if I get the position - easy. Three people I met with and pretty much each person had there own set of questions to ask about claims, EDI or the confirgation sets in FACETS.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part was answering truthfully to the questions I did not know off the top of my head because I have not been on FACETS is 3.5 years.   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I got in touch with UnitedHealth through my universities career fair. Had an online interview which consisted of recording my answers, which was a bit awkward. Afterwards, I received an invitation to go to their headquarters. This consisted of a very organized full day of seeing the company and 2 45 minute interviews. Typical interview questions, everyone was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions
    • If your superior wasn't at the office for a day, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2014.

Online interview wants me to commit to a position. They offer a salary of $25 an hour as well as benefits. I'm just not sure how much work is involved.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have online experience? Have you ever worked from home? What are your goals for the future? Why do you think you are a good fit for this company?   Answer Question

I told them I cannot commit to the offer as of yet. I'm going to need some time to think about it.

Telecommute Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2014.

Applied on line, it took 2 weeks before receiving an email of interest. A phone interview was set up, and went very well, same day received a call from the Director of the department for second phone interview. Was made an offer the next day, although I did have to stand firm on my expected salary. They wanted to go lower, and I refused explaining my rationale for expected salary. They did meet my number after a day.

Interview Questions
    They tried to go $5000 less than my asking salary. I responded politely, what I could offer to the company, and why I felt that the number I was requesting was a bargain for them.