UnitedHealth Group

685 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Community Health Worker Interview

Community Health Worker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was NOT easy.... they are now doing behavioral interviews with open-ended questions about a hypothetical scenario and how you would react. The questions had nothing to do with the job I would be doing, and were more appropriate for a retail environment, which knocked me for a loop and probably cost me the job.

Interview Question – tell me about a time you went out of your way to provide excellent customer service
tell me about a time you disagreed with your team leader and what you did
tell me about a time that you had to deal with a rapidly changing situation and how you reacted
  Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Marketing Communications Specialist
Horsham, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the HR team, which was located in TX. There was an initial phone screen followed by an initial face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. After the initial interview, HR coordinated a second interview, which I had, followed by negotiations and an offer with HR.

Interview Question – Technical questions involving data segmentation and questions involving my understanding of heatlhcare regulations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate an increase of $5K in salary, but not relocation.

Social Worker Interview

Social Worker

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – Six people were present, they asked a total of six questions. There was no interaction and no real opportunity to discuss the position and what you bring to the table.

Interview Question – What did you prepare for dinner the previous evening?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was take it or leave it, the whole process was rather hostile

Customer Care Professional Interview

Customer Care Professional
Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Applied and took assessment online. The next day received email from a recruiter to complete a digital interview where they asked 3 behavioral questions. The next day recruiter called to set up one on one interview the same day. Interviewed with 2 supervisors. Was not impressed, I got the judgement look right when they came in. They asked 3 behavioral questions and 2 main interview questions, why UnitedHealth group? And what sets you apart from the other candidates, why should we hire you?

Said they were going to contact me the next day and never heard anything. Should have at least emailed or called me I didn't get the position! Rude.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interview, from technical to behavoural. Not ver difficult if you have done homework. The recriter was rude but hiring manager was good. Panelists were really professional and made me feel comfortablep

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate much inspite of my being their top candidate

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initial is telephonic with the recruiter. Second is done via a skype type session or you video tape yourself answering questions displayed on your computer and submit your interview for managers to view on their own time.

Interview Question – None noted at the time of my interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations available.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Financial Analyst Intern

I applied online and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Applied in April, got invited to an online interview in May. Five straightforward questions were asked, however, it was a bit awkward talking while staring at yourself. The process itself was confusing because there's no one I could contact about my application status and the status online doesn't update.

Interview Question – What makes you different from the other candidates?   Answer Question

UnitedHealth Group Enterprise Talent Community Manager responded to this review

Jun 12, 2014

Hi! So sorry you had this experience with UnitedHealth Group. Please know you can always check your status online via our website my clicking on my profile. You can also call 1-800-561-0861 from 7AM ... More

Medical Claims Adjuster Interview

Medical Claims Adjuster

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – I was hired as a temp employee through a temp agency. I started as data entry and was then hired on full time as a claims research clerk. The interview was not traditional as they had already offered me the position.

Interview Question – Why was I the most qualified for the position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was simple since I was already a temp employee.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting resume, cover letter and completing a lengthy intake application form, there was a one-way digitally recorded interview, followed by telephone interview with the recruiter before experiencing another telephone interview with the manager.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult decision you had to make independently and what was the impact?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Professional hiring process. They acknowledge your resume and provide you with updates. Had a phone interview which consisted of all behavioral interview questions - some difficult and some regular interview questions. Very professional recruiter conducted the interview - call on time, articulate, etc. Overall my experience left me with a good impression of this company, even though I didn't move on to an actual interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you witnessed someone doing something unethical and how you handled it.
Tell us about a time when someone on your team disappointed you.
  Answer Question