UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.8

Clinical Quality RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Still in the process. I received an email suggesting a job matched my qualifications (this was on Sunday night). I applied the next day (Monday) and that evening I got an email for Skype type interview, I completed that on Tuesday. Two days later I received an email to set up a time for a telephone interview with recruiter, I did the telephone interview on Friday. A week later I received a call to set up a third interview with hiring manager. That interview is still pending.

Consultant Interview

Got recruited at campus. Attended career fair, 2 rounds of interviews and was given offer letter. Round 1 was behavioral and round 2 was more of a discussion on past experience, 'fit' . Interview questions were standard. Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary.

Customer Care Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Very straightforward. There was a phone interview; in-person computer skills test (which was disguised as "log in to this terminal and print your information for us"); and in-person interview. Interview process went exactly as they described it would.

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

I applied online. Within a week I was sent a interview invitation which was me recording my answers to question online. It is timed. The next day I was offered a phone interview. The phone interview was really just the recruiter getting to know you and she asked if I was comfortable with navigating through multiple systems and if i knew how to utilize outlook, power point and excel. 2days later I was scheduled for a interview in person. I was given paperwork about the benefits that are offer their employees while I waited. Two ladies came in and interviewed me at the same time. I was a little nervous but, i remained very personable and I was myself. After they interviewd me one of the directors interviewed me. It was really like talking to a friend when I interviewed with these people. They are friendly. 1 week later they called me with a offer. They send the letter to your email after you verbally accept the offer. You have to do a 9 panel drug test and a background test.

I was pleased with my offer. I did not negotiate.

RN Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The process took a little over a week. I applied online, the next day I received an email for Hirevue and a phone call from the recruiter who told me about the job and hours. I completed the hirevue and thought I blew it but got a call the next day from the recruiter saying they wanted a face to face interview. Two days later, on a Friday, I completed the face to face interview. She said she was moving me forward and asked what time I could talk to her manager on Monday. I said before 11am and THEY called at 10:45 for a 15 minute panel interview. The short interview ended and I was told I would hear from the recruiter. The recruiter called 2 hours later and offered me a job!!!
    FAST AND EFFICIENT!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation and how did you handle it. Tell me about a situation that challenged your ethics. What did you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation they offered more than I was told to expect.

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Five interviews in total spanning some ten weeks. Four audio/telephonic only and one in person with a panel teleconferencing with four people. Hired and no training or discussion of direction for the first five weeks of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Accomplishments as an individual contributor versus group accomplishments. Which do you prefer and why.   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed.

On Site Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

Started with the online application submission, next day i recieved an email of reciept and an invitation to do a recorded video. The video was one way, lots of practise questions if you need them. Prepared in advance, have answers to possible scenario type questions prepared. Best advise. .....smile! The recruiter later told me thats what made me stand out.the day after the video was submitted, i recieved a request for a phone interview with a recruiter. Set my time and they were very punctual! Brief phone interview, reviewed job description, benefits and pay range. Then told that the hiring manager would be calling me in the next few days. That same day, she called to set up anotherphone interview with herself and an additional person. Compledted next day, situational questions, further clarity about job and expectations. After interview i sent a thank you email and two hours later, a response with information regarding start dates. The next day, job offer. Now pending drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, as i had used this forum prior to the interview and already knew the type of questions being asked   Answer Question
    No need, what i was hoping for

UnitedHealth Group Response

Sep 15, 2014Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share insights around your positive experience and congratulations on your offer!

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Met Manager at the office. Very pleasant and professional. typical interview question- like job history.
    Good experience. Got interviewed and hired right away. I reiterated what was written on my resume. No further questions asked.

EAP Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The interview process seems fairly streamlined through the UHG recruiting system. Recruiter was clearcut in the process, but the second interviewers were not. Recruiter and on-site second interviewers described the job differently. First interview was not as clinical as second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a conflict with your teammate and how you worked through that.
      Please describe how you worked through a complex case.
        Answer Question

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

Hiring process was quick and easy. I applied and within a week i was contacted by email to do an assessment and interview. The assessment had multiple questions about how one would feel in certain situations and others about personality traits. The Hireview interview was quick, easy and very convenient. It was a virtual interview where you have 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. Prior to the interview there is a practice section that allows you to get familiar with the process. Had a phone interview and it went well. Was advised I would be called for am in person. Was advised Should hear something within a week or so. never received a callback went online and was advised no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you worked in a group where members may have had a been less confident in the teams ability to complete a task and how was it handled?   Answer Question
    • What do you have to offer our company?   Answer Question