UnitedHealth Group

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.8

ICFR Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Applied Online, received email within a week for a digital online interview, received a call within a week for an in person interview. Interviewer was fast and could barely understand him.

Customer Service Representative OptumX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

EXTREMELY LONG INTERVIEW PROCESS. RECRUITERS ARE HORRIBLE. I applied to united health group took the assessment and 2 weeks later i received an email to respond if i was still interested in the position and to make sure my profile was up to date. A week after that i received a email letting me know i would be getting an email from HIRE VIEW to complete a video interview. a week after that I FINALLY RECEIVED THE VIDEO INTERVIEW LINK and a call from the recruiter letting me know they sent me a link for the video interview and i could opt to complete that or a phone interview. I completed my video interview and left a voicemail with the recruiter that i had completed the video interview and to contact me with further steps to the hiring process. It has been over a week and i have yet to hear anything back from united health group, Usually in this case I would assume I just didn't get the job but my profile with united health is under the status "interviewing" so I'm assuming I'm still under consideration. No one likes to be stung along when it comes to job searching and since i took time out of my life to complete all these requests, emails, assessments, video interviewing, It would just be respectful to update applicants on their status or even a little courtesy email would be nice! I have sent 2 follow up emails just nicely asking the status, decision, start date? STILL NOTHING! Not one phone call! Not one easy email! Just pure silence! Its wrong, i am really exceed about working for United Health group but my goodness, I've never had a Job process be so strung out!

I have not received a job offer yet! I'm still here just waiting..and it isn't fair. No one likes being ignored!

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

First did a Hirevue online interview (3 easy questions), then a phone interview with HR, then an in person with the hiring manager, and finally an in person with team members.

I thought everything went well, but haven't heard from them in almost a month, aside from a standard email saying I'm still under consideration. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with XYZ?
      What makes you a good fit.
        Answer Question

Senior Client Service Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Started with an assessment before I was green lighted to begin a formal interview process with another assessment. Then I was emailed to attend an open house afterwhich I complete a video interview. Hiring managers summoned me for an in person interview a few days later. And it was wonderful. 10 minutes after that interview the recruiter contacted me to see if I'd consider taking the position.

You won't have much luck finding a better work-life balance. It's a decent, safe place to work. You'll work with smart people and make a solid wage.

Interview Questions
    • Your computer skills, examples of when you've gone above and beyond.   Answer Question
    confusing. My contract was sent from India and the numbers were $1/hour off but they fixed it by the time I recvd my paycheck

Multiple- Project Manager, Program Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

My resume was only reviewed, until I disclosed my gender, and ethnicity. And then a thank you note. This has happened several times, and I will stop applying here.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2014.

This was the most unprofessional process I have ever been through. I received a voicemail from the recruiter, I called back 3 times and another recruiter called to set up the initial phone interview. The phone interview went very well, the guy was polite and easy to talk to. I received a call for a phone interview with the hiring manager, and 30 minutes prior to my scheduled interview the recruiter called and said the hiring manager had to reschedule. When that rescheduled time arrived, there was no phone call. I called the recruiter who said their wires must have been crossed and rescheduled again. When I received the call, it was not from the hiring manager it was from a peer who said "you're stuck with me." After weeks of not hearing anything, I went to recruiter chat for an update, and was told by a recruiter,. "We review every application and you will be notified by call or email". Around two weeks later I received an email that the position was no longer available. Extremely unprofessional and not a good image.

Vice President Inside Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

There is not much I can say here. I had a few short interviews with some top dogs and that was it. I got in through some nice connections. Beyond that, they flew me to Minneapolis and everyone was very positive and nice.

Interview Questions
    • They say "strategy" a lot at Optum. Figure out a way to get it in.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Applied online. Received an email to complete a assessment and fill out a form and email it back to the recruiter. Within the same day, I received another email saying that they wanted to schedule a phone interview for the next day. Did the phone interview (wednesday) and now scheduled for a one on one interview for Thursday.

Phone questions:
    Prior jobs and how much you got paid...also why you left
    Experience with word, excel, and PowerPoint
    Challenged your ethics question (can't remember how she phrased it)

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to explain something complex to a customer?
      Give me a illustration of how good you can do your job.
        Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Well planned interview cycle, but a little on the overdone side. Felt like interviewers were just working a behavioral based question template provided by Human Capital, which took up all of the scheduled time so no opportunity to talk about the actual job requirements/description. 4 formal interviews totalling approx. 4+ hours. All by phone. Entire cycle took 30 days/1 month to complete.

Medical Coding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2014.

Medical coding positions that do not require the certification are virtually non-existent, except for UHG. I was extremely appreciative that this company is willing to take experienced coders that have not obtained the certifications, so I jumped at the chance to apply for this position. I completed the virtual interview (consists of three basic questions and you complete this using a webcam), had two phone interviews, and a face-to-face with a coding assessment(find codes and abstract a discharge summary). This process went smoothly and everyone was plenty to speak with....until I did the face-to-face. I interviewed with a male and female, and they were two of the stuffiest people I have ever interviewed for. Limp handshakes, never smiled, and didn't seem interested in interviewing me at all. Like they were just going the motions, and it was very intimidating for no particular reason. I knew within the first 5 minutes of sitting down that I wouldn't get the position. I tried to focus on my work ethic, my teamwork skills, and my ability to receive criticism and feedback, but I don't think it mattered.

I did also apply for the Junior Coder position, which is a position lower than the one I interviewed for, but I probably won't get that position either. I will consider re-applying at UHG, but not for Medical Coding positions, as that was the only negative part about the entire process. I feel that if the people interviewing me really didn't think I was that qualified, they shouldn't have contacted me.

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what has been the most difficult issue regarding your coworkers.   View Answer