UnitedHealth Group

Very Easy Interview

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Minnetonka, MN

The process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through the company website. Was contacted by HR for a 1/2 hour interview. Very brief and concise.
Contrary to my initial perception and belief about UHG and the HR department, the HR department did a wonderful and thorough job. Kudos to you guys :)

Was invited for a interview with the hiring manager.

Meeting with the Hiring manager..(1Hr)
 - Hiring manager showed up 15 minutes late for the interview . No apologies whatsover.
- Met at the lobby .
- took me to the 1st available conference room (did not book a conf rm)
- Got booted out of the conference room in 15 minutes (someone else had the conf rm reserved)
- Went to different conf rm ( Got booted out again in 10 minutes)
- Moved to the 3rd Conf room for 15 minutes.
- Interview over.
I am not sure how this hiring manager got hired and I sympathize his directs reports for working with such a disorganized, disrespectful manager/individual.

Got called in for another round of interviews.

However, after my previous interview experience here, I lost my interest working for such an individual and firm, I decided to not accept the position or continue further

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call back from hr dept and phone interview set up. After phone interview 1:1 interview set up at local office, after approximately a month I received a call back stating I was hired, now I'm going through the background check, drug test and ppd. Looking forward to starting soon!

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Minnetonka, MN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – My interview started off on a bad note, as I could overhear the people that were going to interview me in the room next door... they were bashing the company, bashing their supervisor, and complaining about how they didn't have time to be doing interviews. Then, awkwardly, they came out and greeted me. Interview was moderately challenging, they asked a variety of standard behavioral and technical questions. I got an offer, but since the whole interview process started out so strange, I thought it was better to accept an offer from a different company.

Interview Questions

• Your three biggest strengths, and three biggest weaknesses   Answer Question
  • Lots of questions about groups.... working well in groups, managing conflicts in groups, etc...   Answer Question

Accountant Representative Interview

Accountant Representative
Beachwood, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked a few questions, and than she asked me about between time of not having a job, and my answer was that I'm a stay home mom. I've worked several temp jobs. When the economy was thriving I had no problem getting temp work. So she asked me again what have you been doing between jobs I told her taking care of my family and spending a least 8 hrs a day looking for a job. She told me about the salary, and asked me did i have a problem with the salary I said know. She than inform me that other candidates was more qualified for the job, when I had all the necessary skills for the job and more. This job did'nt need a degree or certificate basically customer service experience, something i felt she needed. She encourage me to continue looking for a job, for nasty.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Onalaska, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice interview, felt very positive about the whole process.

The interviewer was very courteous and sympathetic to my situation. I felt like all the questions allowed me to present a positive light on my experience and gave me ample opportunity to make my case for each question. Questions were more behavioral than skills based but were a mix of each.

I think it would have been a nice position for me.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to be less than truthful with a co-worker?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – You take a customer service test and fill out extra application paper work. Then you are scheduled for a one on one interview if you pass the test.

Accountant - Entry Level Interview

Accountant - Entry Level
Horsham, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through the company website. No phone interview. They send you an email asking what your availability is and give you an itinerary. You meet with 6 people over a two hour span of time, 2 people at a time. No phone interview and a vague job posting leads to little knowledge of the job responsibilities. First group of people give you two written tests as they watch. 1 on accounting skills and 1 on accounting principles. Skills test was based around inventory and insurance premiums. I instantly knew i would perform poorly and stated I wasn't correct for the job. The interviewers were actually much friendlier after this happened. Good people, smart... just would have been helpful to have a phone interview to screen the job.

Interview Question – Why are you looking for a Job?   View Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and two hours later was invited to take an online assessment. Then the next day I received an email asking me to schedule an onsite assessment. I scheduled the assessment for 2 days later and interviewed in person after the skills testing was complete. The interview consisted of 2 people - it was pretty detailed. I reviewed my listed on quesion and I think they asked me everyone. Overall I thought it went well.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to difuse a difficult situation:   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

IT Business Analyst
Moline, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on their careers website for a local position in my field. I was called a couple of days later to go through an initial screening via phone with a recruiter. The screening lasted maybe 10 minutes. Was then told I would be presented to the hiring manager for consideration of further interviews. I received a call from another recruiter that they would like to setup two phone interviews with two different supervisors, and a 1:1 interview with an executive in the local office. I setup one phone interview for the next day as well as the 1:1 interview. The second phone interview was scheduled a couple of days out.

The first phone interview was excellent. The interviewer had a lot of energy and asked me some very detailed questions regarding my skills leading projects, organizational management, what I would do if a project was given to me - how would I start the process, etc. I came away from this interview feeling very confident.

The 1:1 interview was with an executive at the local office. They were very nice and courteous and easy to talk to. This put me at ease and helped the conversation flow. I was a little less confident after this interview than the last, but that was partly due to the executive style demeanor of sizing you up. They always have a thousands thoughts going through their mind and it showed.

The last phone interview started with an open-ended question and just seemed dry. I did not get a good feeling from this interview and thought my chances went down the tubes.

Glad I was wrong!

Overall the interview process was a bit lengthy, but organized. This is for a highly visible position so I can understand wanting to put a candidate through the ringer.

Interview Questions

• What's the first thing you'd do when you received a new project?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work for UnitedHealth Group?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had a set number in mind and they came in over that along with excellent benefits. I immediately accepted. I think partly because I was so exhausted from the whole interview process.

When considering an offer, just have a number in mind that you absolutely must have to live and a number that you feel you're worth. Be prepared with your skills and be ready to sell yourself should the need arise.

I was prepared, but thankfully didn't have to go through negotiation.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Roanoke, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – All interviews are historical interviews. They try to use how you answer about past experiences. Do not apply if you can not answer the question "Tell me about a time when....?" Even if you dont have a "time when" be sure to answer the question. Also, remember to be mindfull of your audience. Most internal applicants forget this. Dont assume the panel you are meeting with knows your work style/ethic or accomplishments..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to difuse a difficult situation   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to find a better process and how did you develop t.   Answer Question