UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

1,190 Interview Reviews

2.7

Licensed Health Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I wasn't interviewed, but they had a huge demand at the time, and I had just passed the exam with the College of Insurance program. Typically I believe they do have a strict interview process.

Negotiation

It was either accept the offer or don't. No negotiation.

Prior Authorization Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2014.

Interview

Everything was handled via email and over the phone. This was a contract position via Equity Staffing. I provided I-9 documents via email and all tax and drug testing paperwork was provided either via email or on the agency's website. This was my first experience with a temp agency, so I was apprehensive about exchanging such personal information in this fashion. Everything worked out for the best in the end.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and it took one month to hear back from the recruiter. This company is slow in their hiring process. I received a call from HR after my 1:1 interview with the job offer. I was then sent to take a drug test and had to wait for the background check to be done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were frustrated with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Provider Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Oldsmar, FL).

Interview

Absolutely Grueling

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Run in the other direction as fast as you can, UnitedHealth is not who they profess to be. They are just a big false façade.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Online interview. Concerns are that they are fairly removed from considering highly trained and qualified talent. Phone interview and in-person interview are possible but you are not guaranteed an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Online recorded interview with no interaction from an actual interviewer. Three or four questions with time to respond. The video recorded interview process seems fabricated. It would be better to have an opportunity to interact with the direct hiring manager. I think it is much better if there were three questions made with the hiring manager via Skype or video interview if they are testing your technology skills.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and had a friend who works there currently give me a referral. The first interview is a phone interview where several behavioral questions are asked as well as briefly going through your interest in the position. Next I was brought into an in person interview which consisted of interviewing with two sales managers, one of whom was conference called into the interview. This portion of the interview focused on work history and more behavioral style questions. I was advanced to the final round of the interview process which included a telephone role-play interview in which you are instructed to sell a product (health/auto/life) insurance to a sales member who role plays the interaction with you. I don't have a prior background in insurance and did some research into the company's products and service but didn't feel that the means you were measured by were communicated to you effectively prior to the role-play taking place. I received an email 15 minutes later stating that I was not in the running any longer.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to sell insurance when you have no industry knowledge is kind of a daunting task. I proceeded with a questions based selling style by trying to find what the role-playing salesman was looking for and then offering a product that met their needs.   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Initially received a screening call from a human resources recruiter, then I had a phone interview with a manager from a different district. She asked straightforward questions, such as what is your biggest weakness, do you feel comfortable identifying potentially urgent medical conditions in patient's home without diagnostic tools, etc.

Interview Questions

Interview

applied online. immediately received a "digital interview" link.

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial communication was good, so was follow-up. Interviewers were well prepared

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Applied online and after a week or two received an email about a digital one-way interview using Hirevue. Using Hirevue just felt extremely impersonal.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, what is your greatest strength, weakness, etc.   Answer Question