UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Medicare Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online, the following day was sent an email with a request to perform a video interview, the email stated I had 48 hours to complete the video interview, it was a total of four questions. I completed the whole process without a hiccup, in my honest opinion I would say I interviewed flawlessly. That was three weeks ago today and still haven't even received an email or a call telling me whether or not they're moving me further along in the process.

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Basking Ridge, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's on campus interview. The initial interview was about 30-45 minutes and it was behavior questions. Off the bat, the interviewer says this is more like a conversation rather than an interview and to relax. I was contacted via email in about a week as a invite to their office visit in Basking Ridge. There was a presentation, two interviews, and a panel discussion with current TDP employees. I received my offer of employment two business days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult for you to overcome?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process was pretty much straight forward. First, a Webcam interview, then a phone screening then an in-person interview with the hiring Manager. An offer was made the next day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied this position at 2 months ago and they send me email about a digital interview.
    You can start that interview within 48 hours since you received that email.
    There are three questions. each question has 30s to prepare and 3 min to ask.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Pretty straight forward - Two phone screens with a recruiter and HR. Met with the hiring executive along with two other department colleagues. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Your experiences that would best contribute into the organization?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Online application. Recruiter through Texas contacted me for phone screening. Passed my information onto the hiring manager in NV. Phone interview with hiring manager. Several weeks went by and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. I answered several questions and then was asked to sit in the HM's chair and perform some technical tasks while HM sat next to me. It was a very good experience for me and challenging. I enjoyed the interaction and the practical approach to skills assessment. I even learned something! I did not hear for several weeks over the holidays but then was contacted by HM. He stated he was starting the process for a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• In person skills assessment. I gave myself a C-, but was offered the job because of my personality and my potential.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had done my research and felt comfortable countering. UHG held firm on base wage for the pay grade, but accepted start date I needed and pre approved vacation time. Ultimately my C- is why I think they held firm at base.

Senior Technology Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Basking Ridge, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an email less than a week later asking me to do an automated interview online through the link they sent me. 2 weeks later I got an email inviting me for an onsight interview. They flew me in for the interview and onsight I got to meet alot of the directors and other people in the development program. We started with an orientation program and and then split for individual interviews. I was interviewed by 2 directors in the development program. They were so kind and made me relax even though I was nervous. We were told we would get a response in about 3 business. I got a call to offer the job on the 3rd business day.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you came across a challenge and how you overcame it.
      2. Tell me about a time you worked in a group and how you resolved conflict.

Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially, I received an email to participate in a digital interview. This came approximately one week after submitting my application online. The digital interview is a strange format, if you're not familiar with it. Basically you log onto a website, you're prompted with a few high-level questions, and your answers are recorded via webcam.

About a week after the digital interview, I received a call from a corporate recruiter inviting me to participate in a phone screen. The phone screen was short--probably 10-15 minutes--and focused primarily on basic qualifications (i.e., education, experience). I was also asked what my salary expectations were. It concluded with the recruiter scheduling a phone interview between me and the hiring manager for the next day.

The phone interview was about 45 minutes and consisted primarily of technical and role-based questions. I was glad to have prepared beforehand, otherwise some of the harder questions would have caught me off guard. Within 24 hours, I was contacted by another corporate recruiter to schedule an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was conducted by the hiring manager and 5-6 other members of the cross-functional development team (developers, testers, BAs, PMs). Questions were less technical--more focused on my work patterns, communication methods, team approach, and general demeanor to determine whether I was a cultural fit.

I received an offer of employment three days later. The entire process (application-to-offer) took 22 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to work directly with an end user to resolve or mitigate an application defect?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Network through school career fair and was contacted after two weeks or so. Went through an on campus interview and then an onsite interview. The first interview was mostly behavioral question with a manager and a new employee. The onsite interview consist of two parts. The first part is a group work with other intern candidates. The task was to see how everyone work together to solve a task given to us. The second part of the interview was more behavioral questions with other managers from the company.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior questions, but the hardest question for me was why do you want to work for the healthcare industry.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had 1 technical interview followed by 2 technical interviews at their location. I enjoyed talking to the first 2 engineers but the last was unbelievably awful and was trying to make me fail. He asked me such a difficult problem and purposely gave me some wrong info to see if I would catch it or not, changed the scenario while I was near done solving it, and clearly told me he'll notify the other interviewers that I did so poorly. I spoke to everyone else that interviewed with the company and they only had 1 or 2 technical interviews with simple problems. They were completely shocked at how I was treated by the last person. I'll make sure to never apply to this place ever again.