UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

1,185 Interview Reviews

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It took 4 weeks plus for a face to face inteview. When I arrived no one did not know about the interview and took about 30 minutes for the security person to find someone for the interview. That's when I knew ...I was not gettting hired. I meet one person and had interview with another. The interview question was from their "UnitedHealth" website in form of behavior question. The whole process was laughable also if you don't know anyone that work there ...just keep looking...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time (Behavior interviews question) from their introduction website about the company   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviews went great. The questions were thorough and the interviewers knowledgeable. I felt very qualified for the position and was left with the impression I was a favored candidate. After the second interview which as just as positive as the first, I never heard anything again. I followed up with the interviewers and the hiring manager but never received a decision or feedback.

Interview Questions

• How important is follow up to you in the sense of responding to emails?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Cypress, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

submitted online application/resume, then questionnaire of 50 multiple choice questions (many of which had no choices that were really appropriate), then 3 online interview assessments, one of which is a digital interview and it feels like you are talking to yourself (can you say awkward), then a phone interview where I wasn't asked anything that wasn't on my resume. Next would be an interview with a hiring manager. Long process.

Interview Questions

• questions so far were just repeating things that were on my resume already except why do I think I would be good for this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Greensboro, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied at the beginning of May. Received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview mid July and she called me the next day. Basically verified the information submitted on my app. Advised that someone would call me within the next week and a half to schedule an onsite interview. Less than a week later someone called me to schedule. Three days later I had the in person interview and nailed it. The two interviewers were super nice and friendly and felt more like a conversation. The next business day the recruiter called me back to ask for two professional references. A week later someone from HR called me with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very pleased with salary. No need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Richardson, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and the same day later, I was sent an email to test my computer skills. I did well with the testing so then sent a link from the recruiter to complete a interview through HireVue. It consisted of me recording myself on my phone camera while I answered interview questions. Extremely awkward but easy questions. Next, I spoke with the recruiter that afternoon who just asked me pretty much what was already on my application. About a week later I had an interview with the hiring manager. I kinda felt the whole process was a bit too much for something that essentially a call center position.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time in your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Provider Relations Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview, 2nd telephone Interview, presentation. Presentation needed to be about something you knew about and was given in front of 5 people. You had to create a power point and bring handouts

Interview Questions

• Describe how your background and experience meets what we are looking for.   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an irate provider?   1 Answer

The salary offered was not enough to convince me to leave my current employer in addition to the position required many of the same requirements that I do not like about my current position. Why give up seniority for the same situation and just a little more pay?

Remote Medical Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Norfolk, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via a talent recruitment agency. The position was completely remote and I was advised that UHC's selection would be based on the results of a coding and computer skills assessment.

Interview Questions

• There were two (2) exams; one for ICD coding the other for Excel. Both were approximately 40 questions long. The coding exam was multiple choice. They took about an hour and a half to complete a one sitting.   2 Answers

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Golden Valley, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager reached out to me via email; I responded next day. Then HR called me to talk; and then scheduled an in-person interview with hiring manger, his manager, and peer manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you can't get someone to do something or give you updates or priority?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Invited to do a digital interview about a week from applying. Completed did you interview then received an email saying I was still in the running. Few weeks after that received a call saying they preferred someone in a particular location.then why post the position as telecommute anywhere in the US.they also interview for positions and then tell you via email that the positions are either placed on hold or no longer available. very frustrating and definitely not a good first impression.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied and the next day I called them. 1 week later I had a face to face interview. The lady that interviewed me was trying to be intimidating, however, the interview was easier than i thought it would be. I was given a run down on the business and what they did as a whole.