UnitedHealth Group

621 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Worker Field Case Manager Interview

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Through out the interview process I was able to speak with a human being. Every person was professional and helpful. I was assigned a recruiter who was helpful and very responsive. We communicated via email.

I was given a one-way recorded digital interview to complete. There were 8 questions; three were recorded responses and 5 were multiple choice/essay. The recorded responses were difficult for me. I had stage fright and was much more nervous than I would have been if I were interviewing with a live person. Two of the recorded questions were: 1. Why do you want to work for us 2. Summarize your work history. Why did you leave each job?

The interview process took too long. I waited over 2 weeks after the digital interview, but ended up taking another job in my field.

Interview Question – When were you a poor communicator? How did you know? What did you do?   View Answer

Flag Interview

UnitedHealth Group Enterprise Talent Community Manager responded to this review

Mar 3, 2014

Thanks for your interest in UnitedHealth Group. Sorry to hear our interview process took longer then you expected!

Business/Systems Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Applied online via my school's career site.
2. Was offered an interview by email in about 2 weeks.
3. Interviewed about a week later at my school's career center building.
During this particular interview I was consecutively interviewed by two employees one right after the other. The first interview was very conversational and not a single behavioral question was asked. The second interviewer asked about things on my resume and also asked "Tell me about yourself" and "Why do you want to work at our company?" but that part was mostly conversational as well. Have lots of good questions to ask them.

Interview Question – There were questions asked that were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Analyst Interview

Minnetonka, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Communications with the departments adminstrative assistant to schedule interviews. One day (about 2-2.5 hours), four seperate interviews. Two of them are with staff (analyst, lead, or consultant level) each of the two interviews are with two current employees. Then ( or in between the staff interviews) a half hour interview with a manager and finally a half hour interview with an associate director (one level lower than director).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were under multiple deadlines and they all held almost equal importance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little negotiation. Was offered an above average salary, benefits are non negotiable. Moving expenses may be offered but were not applicable to myself.

Case Coordinator Interview

Newtown Sq, PA

I applied online and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. They didn't ask any unusual questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was a fair salary... to start.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Minnetonka, MN

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – On campus interview followed by an office visit for another interview. The process takes three weeks

Spanish Interpreter Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – Professional communication skills, questions about traditional customer interaction scenarios. "how would you do, what would you do, etc"

Interview Question – It's basically a traditional interview, if you meet their expectations as far as attendence and accountability for actions, sevicing customers, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Background Check, Education Check, Drug Testing, "are you/will you be able to commute?"

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Phone Interview. In person interview. At the in person interview, dress like you want the job. The interview will be based off a sheet of questions but expect curve balls. If your supervisor asks if you have questions, have questions. Most employees love their job and will tell you all you want to know.

Interview Question – If you're interviewer tries to start a conversation, go with it. Show them you can connect to a customer by connecting to them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Application
2. Online Assessment
3. Call from a recruiter
4. Phone Interview
5. Onsite interview
6. Background check and drug test

Interview Question – Questions were easy. Questions were like "tell me about a time a customer was unhappy and how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Marie S Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – Prior to interview, I completed an online assessment and onsite computer assessment. Next was interviewed by recruiter and the business manager. I was hired as a Customer Rep. The interviewers were professional and will to answer my questions. The atmosphere was professional. I was placed on hold for the next class for no show employees. The first day of training I was called mid morning to come in to take some one's place.

Interview Question – How do you incorporate the values of UnitedHealthcare in your professional work?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online in late January 2014. I interviewed via phone with a recruiter who passed my resume / application along to the hiring manager. By Friday of the next week, I had a phone interview with the manager, as well as a second interview by his team. By the next week, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with a team member who lives in my state. That week, I received a verbal offer, followed by a discussion of start date, terms, etc. Background check, drug test, and other formalities took about 3 weeks. Entire process took about 5 weeks. It was a quick and pleasant experience.

Interview Question – My resume shows position or team changes every 3 years, so I was asked why I didn't stay with teams or organizations any longer by one of the long timers, but the other interviewers didn't seem to be concerned with my tenure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter will ask you to commit to a lower salary early in the interview cycle. Because I had interviewed for more than one position with the same recruiter, he/she knew my bottom line for a telecommute position, so that is the figure I was presented, which I accepted. I do feel the salary may be negotiable within 2-3k if you can negotiate directly with the hiring manager, but I chose not to do so as I was offered a reasonable salary and did not want to hold up the process.

Flag Interview

UnitedHealth Group Enterprise Talent Community Manager responded to this review

Mar 3, 2014

Thanks for your great review and glad the process went well for you!
Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group