UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

1,091 Interview Reviews

2.8

United Healthgroup Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was a little long. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiters office a few weeks later. I had a phone interview and assessment test that was then forwarded to the company. A couple weeks after that another interview with the company was scheduled. I was made an offer the next business day and my start day was 4 weeks out for the next training period. about 2.5-3 months total

Interview Questions

• Do you have remote experience?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative- Providers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Maryland Heights, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a joke. It consisted of completing an assessment that no one seemed to know how to properly conduct. I then sat in a room with a manager that read over my resume and then told me his entire life story. I was told during the interview that starting pay was one particular amount, however the following day during a "followup call" I was told an amount that was $1.75 less than the original amount by a different person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?
      How long do you plan on working here?
      Is sitting in a call center in a cubicle all day something that you would enjoy?

Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Plymouth, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and began the application process shortly after. The interviews consisted of a digital interview (recording responses to behavioral/situational questions online), and an interview in person that lasted slightly over an hour. The in person interview included a 15 minute meet and greet with some of the current TDP members, which was a great way to get a look into the program through their perspective, and a pair of 1:1, 30 minute interviews.

The first of the 30 minute interviews was a basic behavioral interview, and the second was a technical interview. The latter was more concerned with what I've learned during college more than demonstrating my knowledge to the interviewer. Both of these were treated as less of an interview and more of a conversation. Thankfully, my second interviewer was willing to take extra time over our allotted 30 minutes to answer any questions I had.

Overall, the entire application and interview process was facilitated by VERY friendly and personable people who were always available if I had any questions or concerns. It was a pleasure to be able to interview with UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of two or three projects you were involved with that you're proud of.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about UnitedHealth Group and Optum?   Answer Question

Lead Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I first completed an online digital interview and was contacted by a recruiter within 24 hours. The recruiter quickly set up a series of phone interview with the hiring manager and two team leads, for a total of around two hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult internal customer.   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hooksett, NH) in May 2015.

Interview

I got an email that pointed me out to the website to do the online application and questionnaire. About a month later I got a phone call to set up a phone interview, did that. Then set up a face to face about 2 weeks later. Got the offer letter/phone call a week from that point. And told I am starting on June 8th. Of course doing the background and Drug Screen - they told me that no news was good news. I have not heard from them since 2 1/2 weeks ago so I am thinking this is good news now. I have left a voice mail -and sent an email asking what to bring and to make sure it is 8am on Monday June 8th. Still waiting to hear back. I will still show up no matter what - but be nice to have some more communication.

Interview Questions

• To tell them a time when I worked at something, and made a difference in what I did.   Answer Question

Human Resources Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Mankato, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (North Mankato, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

This was by far the worst over the phone interview I have ever had. First of all they rescheduled twice, and I never received a phone call the second time around. I left work early to make sure I had time to talk on the phone. Then I randomly get a phone call a couple days later and explain to her the situation, and then she starts asking me interview questions! I could not understand her English, and therefore had to have her repeat herself multiple times. She also didn't even know what position applied for and continued to say it was a customer service position. What a frustrating experience overall, really turns the company off.

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2015.

Interview

Completed digital interview within 48hrs. Received an email the next day to schedule an appt. with a recruiter. That went well and was told that I would hear from the hiring manager in a day or two. Interview with hiring manager is next week.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work with for United/ What are my strengths?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on indeed. Got an email letting me know that my interview will be held on google hangouts. I got online the next day, chatting with the recruiter. It took about 3 hours at the most and I was given a decision at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to work with a difficult person ( co-worker, customer, supervisor, etc.) How would you handle the situation ?   Answer Question

Licensed Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Concord, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I was told to arrive about 10 to 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork filled out paperwork. Went in for the interview and was told to fill out application on site, I filled out application for position before interview, once that was complete I interviewed for about 10 mins or less, after review of app and going over my availability, position was explained in great detail to me and I was offered position took drug test on site and my drivers license and social security card was copied for my background check and I I was told what date I started and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you felt you didn't communicate to a customer effectively?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for job in April, 2 weeks later took assessment online, got a call on may 8th to set up phone interview on may 11th(Today). Questions were about past jobs and scenarios and situations from previous jobs. Awaiting call/email....

Interview Questions

• is united Health group a better company to work than your current or previous employer?   2 Answers