UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Telephonic Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied online and a couple weeks later received a call from HR. I interviewed with HR, then a week later received a call to set up an in person interview with the hiring nurse manager. I had an in person interview with two nurse managers who both had an associate degree in nursing. One of the nurse managers had 2 more years of nursing experience than me in the same arena and the other nurse manager had less years of experience than me. They were polite and both reviewed my resume, asking me questions about my background and quizzed me on medications for a few chronic conditions. I thought the interview questions were fairly easy. A couple weeks later I received a generic email stating, “Unfortunately this position is no longer available at this time”. A few of my colleagues also did not receive offers; also interviewed by the same two clinical managers. Is it because we had our BSN and the two that interviewed us did not……. or we were not the “right fit”?

Member Service Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

interview was with hiring manager over the phone the questions was why you want to work here , after your 5years.. I didn't contact them, actually, recuiter contact me

Interview Questions
    • they were asking me life and health lic. after hired within 90days   Answer Question

Customer Advocate Interview

Currently in the process of conducting a phone interview with this company today. Did assessment test a week ago and video interview. The process seems straight forward thus far, it has been about 3 weeks since I first applied.

Anonymous Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

It was pretty long. The online job status update doesn't provide much insight about your application status. Other than that I really enjoyed interviewing for UHG. I did like how they conducted the face to face interviews. Got a job offer same day. Did negotiate my offer. Passed all the background check and drug test. Can't wait to start.
    Advice to anyone interviewing please do as much research about the company as possible. It does payoff.

Always negotiate salary/benefits.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

First I had to fill out the online application. After being contacted i had to do a recorded interview that was on a webcam (no personal interaction.. the program would ask you the questions and gave you a couple minutes to answer and when you were done answering you could press a button for it to stop recording) Then i had an onsite interview with a panel of employees.. very informal.

None

Agent On-Boarding Operation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

The interview process was long and brutal.

I applied for the position online using the UHG website. After submitting the application, I received a confirmation email informing me that a recruiter would be in touch if I met the qualifications for the positions.

About two weeks after submitting the application, I received a call from a recruiter who discussed the inner-workings of the position with me as well as verified a few points on my resume. At the end of this discussion, she informed me that I had to complete a virtual online interview using "HireVue" in order to be moved further in the process. That evening, I completed the virtual interview which consisted of four fairly simple situation-response questions.

The day after completing the virtual interview, the same recruiter called me back to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following morning.

The phone interview with the recruiter lasted about thirty minutes, and consisted of an in-depth review of my resume, computer skills, education, and several questions pertaining to how I react in different work situations. At the end of this interview, the recruiter informed me that I would be further contacted if I was chosen to move along in the process.

About one week after the phone interview, I received a call from a different recruiter who had a few more questions for me regarding my resume and education history. She again informed me that I would be notified if I was chosen to move forward.

One day later, I received a call from yet a different recruiter, who invited me to come in for an in-person interview. I was instructed to dress professionally and bring a professional resume. I scheduled this in-person interview for the following day.

The in-person interview was with a department supervisor and a high-standing employee in the department. They were both extremely friendly and asked me several questions about my work history, how I respond to various issues in the workplace, among other topics. They were helpful with all questions I had and very enthusiastic about their jobs. This interview lasted just under one hour. At the end of this interview, the supervisor informed me that there would be second-interviews conducted, and that I would be informed within a few days if I was chosen to proceed to the second-interview.

Four days later, I received a call from a recruiter who told me that I was selected for a second interview. I scheduled the interview for later in that week.

The second interview was with a different supervisor and another employee from the department, and only lasted about twenty minuted. I was asked a few more situation-response questions, the job was explained further, and my questions were answered. I was informed that I would be given a decision in 2-3 weeks.

Exactly three weeks after my second-interview, I received a phone call from the first supervisor I interviewed with offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me the three best reasons that I should hire you.   Answer Question
    It seemed pretty take-it-or-leave-it.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

A third party IT staffing company contacted me via email to arrange a Skype interview. Skype interview went well and they just asked really simple questions that didn't really relate to IT (just basically talking back and forth). Got a call a few days later to come in for a group interview, so I came in and was met by the head of the staffing company and about 10 other candidates. Again, really painless interview questions to basically make sure we had people skills. Got a call about a week later to arrange an interview with the actual company. This felt like an actual interview, with two different people. One was the head of HR and the other from the IT department. Questions were general interview questions but all seemed similar, so finding different answers were somewhat difficult but manageable.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to be creative in solving a problem at work or school.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2014.

Applied online. I then moved on to the assessment. After completing that I was contacted about a video interview. During this time I was given 3-4 on the screen and my answers were recorded. After that I had a phone interview. After the phone interview came the face to face interview. I received an offer and now I'm just waiting on the background check to clear.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to multitask and something went wrong. How was it corrected?   Answer Question

Senior IT Systems Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Got a call from United Health Group from the hiring manager. Interviewed with the manager then 2 other people. One of the people was from the development area and the other was over-the-phone with offshore employee. Was offered the position the very next day.

Interview Questions
    They don't negotiate salary at all

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2014.

I applied back in April for one of their openings. The day after, I applied, I received a link to complete a prescreen via Hirevue. I was asked 7 questions in which I responded via webcam. I received a call from the recruiter the day after. She then shared my resume with the hiring manager. I waited 5 weeks to have an interview via webcam with the hiring manager. I received no feedback from the recruiter and had to send several emails to get some feedback. It's been 10 weeks and still no response on the status of this job. The job is still open. This process has affected my view of United Health. They have made the interview process very impersonal and don't respond to emails. It seems like they have no respect or appreciation for potential new hires. I'm definitely disappointed on the way, I have been treated and ignored.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were fair. Why are you looking for a new job? How does your skillet fit with this opening?   Answer Question