UnitedHealth Group

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Customer Service Advocate
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Simple interview. Basic questions regarding strengths and weaknesses. A lot of questions regarding previous positions held and how that experience can be used in the position. Short interviews with one or two of your direct supervisors. Friendly and relaxed.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you had to overcome an issue with your peers.   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial telephone interview with HR, then I was set up with on site interview with two managers. The interview lasted about an hour. I received a phone call two days later with an offer. The culture was not intimidating.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews: 1 phone interview, 1 in person. Department was just starting, so it was a very exciting opportunity. It felt like there was a great deal of opportunity with the group and that I could be a solid contributor.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Routine

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Finance Director Interview

Associate Finance Director

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – There were 5 or six interviews in San Diego, all in one day, then another set of 4 or 5 interviews at the corporate office in San Francisco. They paid for my flight and all travel to S.F. After the interviews it took almost two months to get the offer...unbeknownst to me at the time, they had a hiring freeze take place. The manager just asked me to call him every week to see if I was still interested or not. I didn't have any other job offers at the time, so I waited the process out until I got the job offer.

Interview Question – Nothing really challenging, just basic questions about my most difficult jobs and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Financial Analyst Intern
Cypress, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Online video recording process for question and answers. No actual human interaction. Five questions came up on the screen one at a time, was given 45 seconds to prep after the question came up on the screen and then three minutes to record my response for each question. Questions were all fairly simple and straight forward.

Interview Question – Tell me about a specific time when you were given a task to accomplish with little or no direction.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Online interview. Concerns are that they are fairly removed from considering highly trained and qualified talent. Phone interview and in-person interview are possible but you are not guaranteed an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Online recorded interview with no interaction from an actual interviewer. Three or four questions with time to respond. The video recorded interview process seems fabricated. It would be better to have an opportunity to interact with the direct hiring manager. I think it is much better if there were three questions made with the hiring manager via Skype or video interview if they are testing your technology skills.   Answer Question

Data Analytics Analyst Interview

Data Analytics Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – The hiring process is somewhat long. Initial contact is made by HR with scheduling HR interview of general questions. Next, in-person interview with three leads. Once chosen to move forward, you are called in for an interview with the Manager. After this interview, you are called in for another in-person interview with senior person.

Interview Question – General questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Market Research Manager Interview

Market Research Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Recruiter
Hireview
Onsite
The job was reposted 3 or 4 times with different titles, so I don't know if their intent was to hire.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

Nurse

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – Typical behavioral type questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with an irate customer and how you handled the situration   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary was more than I expected

Associate Director Business Analysis Interview

Associate Director Business Analysis
Golden Valley, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – What I would consider typical. Met with 4-5 individuals over the course of a few weeks. Initial phone interview with recruiter, then in-person with hiring managers.

Interview Question – Be prepared for behavioral interview questions and ready to provide examples of situations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy - salary grades dictate pay scale for the most part.