UnitedHealth Group

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.8

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Five interviews in total spanning some ten weeks. Four audio/telephonic only and one in person with a panel teleconferencing with four people. Hired and no training or discussion of direction for the first five weeks of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Accomplishments as an individual contributor versus group accomplishments. Which do you prefer and why.   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed.

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

One of the most horrendous and inconsistent hiring process I've experienced. First, started with a submission online which then resulted in an HR rep phone conversation about salary and general expectations. Next, asked to complete a recorded video interview to answer a few questions related to the position. From that, I was asked to come to the office for an interview with the hiring manager. Keep in mind, they do not reimburse for travel and I drove 3.5 hours to get to the interview knowing I was moving to the location in the next month.

From there, I received follow up that the hiring manager wanted me to come back again for final interviews with the manager, the VP, and meet the rest of the team. The interview was pretty conversational, not really too much in depth about experience or what they were looking for. I was told I would hear back in 1-2 weeks on their decision. A month and a 1/2 passed with no communication. The recruiter would not respond to my inquiries asking for an update, they would not pass along emails so I could check in directly and make it personal, and they were completely unresponsive.

Finally, after finding a teammate on LinkedIn and shooting him/her a message, I received the generic response via email that they no longer had the position available. Total time from first conversation to their decision was 3 months. This was a complete waste of my time, there was no consideration for my candidacy, and there was no communication from any members of the hiring team or recruitment/HR department. Very unpleasant experience and would not recommend this company to anyone. Maybe coming from the #1 company in the world my expectations are high, but this was by far the worst experience I've encountered.

Interview Questions
    • None - very straight forward questions and conversational about experience   Answer Question

On Site Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

Started with the online application submission, next day i recieved an email of reciept and an invitation to do a recorded video. The video was one way, lots of practise questions if you need them. Prepared in advance, have answers to possible scenario type questions prepared. Best advise. .....smile! The recruiter later told me thats what made me stand out.the day after the video was submitted, i recieved a request for a phone interview with a recruiter. Set my time and they were very punctual! Brief phone interview, reviewed job description, benefits and pay range. Then told that the hiring manager would be calling me in the next few days. That same day, she called to set up anotherphone interview with herself and an additional person. Compledted next day, situational questions, further clarity about job and expectations. After interview i sent a thank you email and two hours later, a response with information regarding start dates. The next day, job offer. Now pending drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, as i had used this forum prior to the interview and already knew the type of questions being asked   Answer Question
    No need, what i was hoping for

UnitedHealth Group Response

Sep 15, 2014Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share insights around your positive experience and congratulations on your offer!

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Met Manager at the office. Very pleasant and professional. typical interview question- like job history.
    Good experience. Got interviewed and hired right away. I reiterated what was written on my resume. No further questions asked.

EAP Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The interview process seems fairly streamlined through the UHG recruiting system. Recruiter was clearcut in the process, but the second interviewers were not. Recruiter and on-site second interviewers described the job differently. First interview was not as clinical as second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a conflict with your teammate and how you worked through that.
      Please describe how you worked through a complex case.

Answer Question

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

Hiring process was quick and easy. I applied and within a week i was contacted by email to do an assessment and interview. The assessment had multiple questions about how one would feel in certain situations and others about personality traits. The Hireview interview was quick, easy and very convenient. It was a virtual interview where you have 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. Prior to the interview there is a practice section that allows you to get familiar with the process. Had a phone interview and it went well. Was advised I would be called for am in person. Was advised Should hear something within a week or so. never received a callback went online and was advised no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you worked in a group where members may have had a been less confident in the teams ability to complete a task and how was it handled?   Answer Question
    • What do you have to offer our company?   Answer Question

Field Care Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

I applied online. Completed the initial HireVue one way interview. Telephone interview from Recruiter to make sure I fit all the mandatory criteria. Then in person interview scheduled at Headquaters. The process took about a month. The people were kind and the interview seemed to go really well. They had the Director and a team leader sit in, to fill in some of the intricacies of the position. That was helpful. I thought I did well.

Interview Questions
    • None of their questions were very difficult. It was an easy flowing conversation.   Answer Question

EPA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

Process took 8 weeks then phone interview 2 days later in person interview Wating for response it was a very long process you have to take test and all over all good company

Network Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online and got a call back a couple days later. The 1st phase went through was just a regular phone screening from the recruiter. The second phone interview was with the hiring manager which lasted about an hour. The 3rd phase was with the the director, hiring manager, and the engineering team. It lasted for about and hour ( was scheduled for 2 ) and was sort of difficult.

I waited about 3 weeks and received an update that I was still under consideration. I waited another couple weeks to get another email to say I was no longer in the running. Several attempts to reach out to the recruiter and nothing back. There recruiting effort needs to be more communicative. A couple of sentences could make a difference in a persons life.

Manager Payer Recovery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

HR Recruiter Initial Interview. Advanced to Associate Directors. Final with Senior Director. All interviews occurred over the phone. Generally a week apart. Asked standard behavioral questions "Tell me about a time.." Through the questions I was able to provide examples of problem solving, handling HR issues,etc. Offered the job within a week of the final interview.

The recruiter let me know the salary range they were looking for up front therefore, I did not really try to negotiate. Hindsight, I probably could have.