UnitedHealth Group

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.8

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

30 minute phone screen followed by an hour-long in-person interview a month later. Straightforward behavioral questions, everything seemed to go OK. No contact until three months after the interview, at which point I learned the position no longer existed (i.e. no funding, decided not to hire anyone). A frustrating experience.

For All Positions Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Very Lengthy processes. Too many rounds of interview at different hierarchy levels which could have been avoided. Sometimes these lengthy processes seems ineffective when attempted at practical work.Very Lengthy processes.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Very detailed. Assessment, then virtual interview, phone interview, lastly face to face interview. They will call you in about 2-3 days and offer you a position. Then information is sent for background check and drug testing. Overall it was pretty straight forward just a lot of steps

Interview Questions
    • Give and example of a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to apologize to someone and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Web Developer II Interview

First was a recruiter interview. Second was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Third interview was a panel interview via phone call. Fourth interview was a final skills assessment on site.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult for an experienced developer. A lot were behavioral. C# questions, SQL questions, javascript questions were all asked.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

Long. Online Application, passed online behavior tests, received request for digital interview within next business day. Completed. Then received followup to schedule phone interview. Painless.... HR contacted me that night about scheduling face to face within 3 days. completed... went well.. HR contacted me within hour of face to face with follow question about current job and part-time/ full-time reasons... now waiting....

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond at work..... I was stumped initially. When does anyone take credit for themselves while doing their job?   Answer Question

Learning Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Over the course of 2 weeks, a variety of calls, emails and 1 official interview. The "screening" and official interview had much of the same questions. Mostly behavioral questions. I am sure I have more experience than everyone that was involved. There has to be fifty words here, so I will also suggest joining in inappropriate jokes/laughter for the first 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. I was very surprised by those arriving later, and the general lack of professionalism as they laughed at various topics the first 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

step 1 apply online
    step 2 online assessment
    step 3 digital interview
    step 4 phone interview
    step 5 in person interview
    step 6 7-10 days for a decision
    I interviewed on August 1, 2014 received an email on August 5, 2014 stating impressed with my skills and qualifications but pursuing other candidates that closing match position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to problem requiring your supervisor assistance? something to that nature.   Answer Question

Field Case Manager RN Interview

Received link to set up digital interview 1 day after applying. I had 48 hours to complete it. It was 8 questions. Some you could type your answer, others it showed a question on the screen and you had 45 seconds to think of your answer then it would record your answer which could be up to 3 minutes. A week later I received an email with a link to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. She went over details of the job, salary, a few questions like why are you leaving your current position. She said she was forwarding my resume to the hiring manager and a phone interview was set up for the next morning. The interview was with the hiring manager and an associate. It lasted about 40 minutes. More information was given about the job, then one asked behavioral questions, the other scenario type questions. A few had me sweating, but I got through them. Both interviewers were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Name an experience where you had trouble gaining a patient's trust. How did you get it? Do you think gaining their trust had a positive impact on their care? Why?   Answer Question
    Salary offered by the recruiter was more than expected. There was no negotiation.

Senior Business Process Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

First was a telephone interview that simply asked my experience levels in basic programs and such. Then another recruiter interview on the phone that took about 45 minutes and was situational questions. Then I met with two directors in person and spent about an hour on situational questions and questions pertaining to my cultural values. In total it took a couple months.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations as it was a 25% increase.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Wow! I've never been through a hiring process like this. I applied, waited for 2 weeks, received an email saying thanks but no thanks, received a call 3 days later and was told the email was sent in error. Schedule a phone interview, an on site testing interview, then a one on one interview. Finally after a week I received a phone call for a second interview and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you were faced with making an ethical decision.   Answer Question