UnitedHealth Group

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

From the time I applied online to the job offer it took about 4-5 weeks. The recruiter was nice but didn't have her facts straight. She quoted me a higher salary and then they offered me lower than what I had been making! I thought this was a bait and swith tactic and didn't like the company from the get go. I had two phone interviews with the same two people. The questions were brutal-situation and behavioral type questions. The manager was rude and even cut me off while I was speaking since she thought I was talking too much. Who knows. They really told me very little about the job. Only kept asking me difficult questions. I did accept the offer since I was semi-employed at the time. The job turned out to be much less than what the brutal interview questions made it seem like it might be. The three weeks between getting the job offer and actually starting was consumed with them emailing or calling me everday! It was like I already worked there but without the pay. HR, the manager and the background check people hounded me daily with questions and information.I didn't want to work here, but needed the job. As it turned out the department I am in is extremely dysfunctional. Some people have not gotten a raise in 5 years! There was really no training and everyone seems worried about getting laid off and have bad attitudes. Take a job here if you are desperate.

Interview Questions
I asked for a bit more and was told "this is the best we can do". 23 days off a year.

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2012.

I have applied for many supervisor and manager jobs that I am qualified for at UnitedHealth Care. It took months to even get an initial response on many, and some I never heard from. They do keep track of the status of each application on their website for you to check, but that is the ONLY thing that is organized about their process. I had one recruiter call me for a similar job to the one I applied to, after his initial call, I followed up, as he never called me, and finally after 2 months they simply "closed" the position with no communication to me. They open and close positions at a rate that makes it hard to keep up with what is really going on. I do not see how anyone gets hired with this unorganized and cumbersome process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2008.

There is a 2 part test from previsor.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interviewing. Tell me about a time when you work long hours to complete a project. Tell me about a time when you had to manage a big change a work.   View Answer
    Very little room for negotiation. There are salary grades, like the military and there is a little room but not much. One you are in the company there is little room for increases, you need to be a top performer to earn a raise. It is a pay for performance system and no one will tell you this information!

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2011.

the people seemed informed. questions weren't hard, just giving examples of questions they asked. i.e. how do you handle unethical comments made by and employee. how do you work on a team, you might need to work extra hours from 6 to 6. Also have a team of home bound employees.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where an employee said something unethical?   View Answer
    • Tell us a time how you won over a client.   View Answer

Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2010.

This was an interview for an internal position which would amount to a promotion. There were two interviews with upper management and one on-site interview with an upper level executive for another dept. All the interviewers seemed to just being going through the motions as though the outcome had already been decided. In fact, the upper level executive actually told another interviewee that I had applied for this position and that interviewee got the job.