UnitedHealth Group Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and included three interviews, first with the recruiter, second with the hiring manager, and last with the vice president. Once I met with the VP, an offer was extended. I did not accept the initial low ball offer which they will always do, countered and accepted a higher offer. It took almost 3 months from initial interview to start date. A long time, be patient.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Medicaid quality?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I have applied for many supervisor and manager jobs that I am qualified for at UnitedHealth Care. It took months to even get an initial response on many, and some I never heard from. They do keep track of the status of each application on their website for you to check, but that is the ONLY thing that is organized about their process. I had one recruiter call me for a similar job to the one I applied to, after his initial call, I followed up, as he never called me, and finally after 2 months they simply "closed" the position with no communication to me. They open and close positions at a rate that makes it hard to keep up with what is really going on. I do not see how anyone gets hired with this unorganized and cumbersome process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Antonio, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

There is a 2 part test from previsor.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interviewing. Tell me about a time when you work long hours to complete a project. Tell me about a time when you had to manage a big change a work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. There are salary grades, like the military and there is a little room but not much. One you are in the company there is little room for increases, you need to be a top performer to earn a raise. It is a pay for performance system and no one will tell you this information!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2011.

Interview

the people seemed informed. questions weren't hard, just giving examples of questions they asked. i.e. how do you handle unethical comments made by and employee. how do you work on a team, you might need to work extra hours from 6 to 6. Also have a team of home bound employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where an employee said something unethical?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time how you won over a client.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2010.

Interview

This was an interview for an internal position which would amount to a promotion. There were two interviews with upper management and one on-site interview with an upper level executive for another dept. All the interviewers seemed to just being going through the motions as though the outcome had already been decided. In fact, the upper level executive actually told another interviewee that I had applied for this position and that interviewee got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer