UnitedHealth Group

Very Difficult Interview

Agent On-Boarding Operation Representative Interview

Agent On-Boarding Operation Representative
Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and brutal.

I applied for the position online using the UHG website. After submitting the application, I received a confirmation email informing me that a recruiter would be in touch if I met the qualifications for the positions.

About two weeks after submitting the application, I received a call from a recruiter who discussed the inner-workings of the position with me as well as verified a few points on my resume. At the end of this discussion, she informed me that I had to complete a virtual online interview using "HireVue" in order to be moved further in the process. That evening, I completed the virtual interview which consisted of four fairly simple situation-response questions.

The day after completing the virtual interview, the same recruiter called me back to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following morning.

The phone interview with the recruiter lasted about thirty minutes, and consisted of an in-depth review of my resume, computer skills, education, and several questions pertaining to how I react in different work situations. At the end of this interview, the recruiter informed me that I would be further contacted if I was chosen to move along in the process.

About one week after the phone interview, I received a call from a different recruiter who had a few more questions for me regarding my resume and education history. She again informed me that I would be notified if I was chosen to move forward.

One day later, I received a call from yet a different recruiter, who invited me to come in for an in-person interview. I was instructed to dress professionally and bring a professional resume. I scheduled this in-person interview for the following day.

The in-person interview was with a department supervisor and a high-standing employee in the department. They were both extremely friendly and asked me several questions about my work history, how I respond to various issues in the workplace, among other topics. They were helpful with all questions I had and very enthusiastic about their jobs. This interview lasted just under one hour. At the end of this interview, the supervisor informed me that there would be second-interviews conducted, and that I would be informed within a few days if I was chosen to proceed to the second-interview.

Four days later, I received a call from a recruiter who told me that I was selected for a second interview. I scheduled the interview for later in that week.

The second interview was with a different supervisor and another employee from the department, and only lasted about twenty minuted. I was asked a few more situation-response questions, the job was explained further, and my questions were answered. I was informed that I would be given a decision in 2-3 weeks.

Exactly three weeks after my second-interview, I received a phone call from the first supervisor I interviewed with offering me the position.

Interview Question – Give me the three best reasons that I should hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It seemed pretty take-it-or-leave-it.

Senior IT Systems Management Analyst Interview

Senior IT Systems Management Analyst
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Got a call from United Health Group from the hiring manager. Interviewed with the manager then 2 other people. One of the people was from the development area and the other was over-the-phone with offshore employee. Was offered the position the very next day.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate salary at all

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – You can be overqualified for this position and never make it through the first ten questions on the application! Someone with HealthCare Clinical Experience, Call Center Experience, and over ten years of customer care experience can be looked over quickly. Why would a company committed to hiring the best at least take the time to review a candidate without a nonsensical mass-screening question?

Interview Question – Have you been at one of the past four jobs for over 12 months?   View Answers (2)

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews: 1 phone interview, 1 in person. Department was just starting, so it was a very exciting opportunity. It felt like there was a great deal of opportunity with the group and that I could be a solid contributor.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Routine

Associate Director Business Analysis Interview

Associate Director Business Analysis
Golden Valley, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – What I would consider typical. Met with 4-5 individuals over the course of a few weeks. Initial phone interview with recruiter, then in-person with hiring managers.

Interview Question – Be prepared for behavioral interview questions and ready to provide examples of situations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy - salary grades dictate pay scale for the most part.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Minnetonka, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – The process was intense! I had to do an online assessment which was so hard I had to get paper and a calculator as well as phone a friend. I then did 2 phone screenings and 3 in person interviews. However, when I got my foot in the door, I was good to go! So many endless opportunities.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you experienced conflict in the workplace.
This one caught me off guard.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy and fast.

Senior IT Business Analyst Interview

Senior IT Business Analyst
Plymouth, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had 1 phone interview with HR, 1 phone interview with the hiring manager, and one face to face interview with the Sr. director. After that I got an offer. They gave me what I asked for with no negotiations. They have standard generic questions that they ask, but if you can relate those to the job and a positive outcome, all the better.

Interview Question – Think of a difficult question and plan your response ahead of time. For example, have your ever implemented a project and found defects?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They just gave me what I asked for. I figured what I was previously making and added $5000.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online and had a friend who works there currently give me a referral. The first interview is a phone interview where several behavioral questions are asked as well as briefly going through your interest in the position. Next I was brought into an in person interview which consisted of interviewing with two sales managers, one of whom was conference called into the interview. This portion of the interview focused on work history and more behavioral style questions. I was advanced to the final round of the interview process which included a telephone role-play interview in which you are instructed to sell a product (health/auto/life) insurance to a sales member who role plays the interaction with you. I don't have a prior background in insurance and did some research into the company's products and service but didn't feel that the means you were measured by were communicated to you effectively prior to the role-play taking place. I received an email 15 minutes later stating that I was not in the running any longer.

Interview Question – Being asked to sell insurance when you have no industry knowledge is kind of a daunting task. I proceeded with a questions based selling style by trying to find what the role-playing salesman was looking for and then offering a product that met their needs.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – Three interviews plus numerous calls from internal recruiter.

Negotiation Details – There is room to negotiate.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Excellent HR screening process. Professional, personable. Core essential questions were adequate to determine objective evaluation of all candidates. One hour in length. Process for communication with interview candidates upon passing on to hiring team was excellent. Email communication to inform of change of timeline due to holidays and project work. Interview process excellent. Summary of position and expectations preceded position qualification questions allowing for more relevant question/answer to evaluate candidate. Used a scoring system for objectivity. Respectful process.

Interview Question – All questions were quite relevant. However I would have to say the most challenging to answer was "what tool or tools do you use to assess/analyze in your OD and Project Management work".   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group interview questions and advice in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN. All 91 interview reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees and interview candidates.