UnitedHealth Group

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – Typical behavioral type questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with an irate customer and how you handled the situration   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary was more than I expected

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – be prepared to spin an at least two hours

Interview Question – you decide   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – Never got to speak to the person that actually does the hiring, no in person interview done, I did a phone interview with a front line HR person with no knowledge of what exactly the job entails or could answer any questions about job duties, hours and pay scale. Interviewer asked very broad questions about leadership and what would you do type questions unrelated to the job. Was not offered/did not pursue the job because the pay was too low.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership style.   View Answer
  • What was a difficult work situation you have experienced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nurse

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – A couple of days after submitting my resume online I was contacted by a recruiter for a telephone interview. Completed that a week later - general questions with one behavioral question thrown in. Recvd a call from the hiring manager a couple of days later to schedule a phone interview with herself and another. Completed that interview the following Monday. The interview was almost completely behavior questions and took about 45 minutes total. This was supposed to be a position that needed to be filled quickly and I was told that I should hear back by the end of the week. However, I did not hear back on a decision until 3 weeks later when I recvd a form letter stating that I was not chosen for the position. Everyone I spoke with seemed professional - the only complaint I have is that the recruiters should be keeping interviewees updated on decision timeframes. When the applicant is spending hours preparing for interviews and stressing about the outcome, you can at least be considerate enough to send a quick email to update on any changes and keep expectations realistic. I did contact the recruiter once a week to get an update and if I received a response back at all, it was short and did not provide much info.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you let down your boss or a co-worker   Answer Question

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!