UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions & Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

First I had to fill out the online application. After being contacted i had to do a recorded interview that was on a webcam (no personal interaction.. the program would ask you the questions and gave you a couple minutes to answer and when you were done answering you could press a button for it to stop recording) Then i had an onsite interview with a panel of employees.. very informal.

None

Physician Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2012.

interview process is OK both with recruiter and potential supervisors. There is a screening interview with recruiter and then an on site interview in philadelphia. Supervision can be a nightmare (it was for me).

none

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

HR screening, then face to face with 2 managers and Director. Interviews with Managers went well, Director interview was awful.

The hiring manager seemed to be really impressed with my bacground and had a lot of positive things to say about me. He asked a good mix of technical and behavioral questions and seemed to be focused on soft skills, which to me is a good thing.

The Director of Revenue Operations was very soft spoken and didn't have much to say. His demeanor had a direct reflection on my responses. When he asked what my compensation requirements were, he gawked a bit. This was a little funny to me because my comp requirements are in line with the averages for the role and my skill set. Not sure what the problem was there.

The final interview was with another Regional Finance Manager. This guy came off as wanting to be percieved as "the cool guy" of the group. I took it for what it was.

They all seemed to talk about how the company valued its employees when I asked about what they liked about the company. Well, as a prospective employee I didn't get that. After waiting almost a week after interviewing, I reached out to HR for an update on the timeline for selection. I was ignored. This happened 4 months prior when I applied for another role and met with HR. They all tell you to reach out to them with any questions, but clearly they are just going through the motions of what would be proper HR employees. My suspicion is that they went with a cheaper internal candidate.

Overall, I would still say that this is probably a good place to work. My advice to myself and everyone else is to take the good with the bad, because there is no perfect company out there waiting for you to grace them with your presence. Security in this building is an issue though. They seemed to let anyone up without swiping a badge or signing in. Scary.

Interview Questions
    • None - there was a good mix of technical and behavioral questions. The standard stuff here.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2012.

The interview was a little bland, but you can easily use that to your advantage. I like United Health Group. Though the first interview was a bit dull, afterwords, someone called me and said they wanted to talk about my opportunities. We talked pretty casually and he taught me a lot about the internship position and gave me a lot of information on the company over all.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2009.

applied online, received call to setup the phone interview the next day. H?Re interview included brief background of position. questons reviewed experience and expected salary. received a call next day to interview with peer and cooedinator. currently waiting for next call which would be with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!