UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later I got a call from a recruiter doing a basic screening. After that I got a call to set up a call with the hiring manager for the next day. I interviewed with the manager and then the next day received the job offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Good enough to fool me into working there. HR interviewer was good and professional. Take everything the first time and you won't have to go back. Everything done same day.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone call from a recruiter that I was selected for a phone interview, Scheduled the phone interview for the next morning phone interview was about 30 minutes and she asked questions I then had a face to face interview which lasted about an hour this face to face interview was a lot more pleasant and the manager was eager to answer a lot of questions and she was very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you had to pay close attention to detail?   Answer Question
    • describe a time where a customer was upset and it wasn't your fault what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Slow and unpleasant interview experience. It was a slow process requiring much interaction with the recruiter. Finally the interview was scheduled but it was just scenario questions and not really trying to find out if I was really suitable for the job at all. I walked out of there feeling deflated like I wasted my time. For a professional job I felt it was very impersonal and ineffective. Not everyone is able to come up with a scenario type interview. Seems like they take a cookie cutter approach to hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced something unethical or unprofessional in the workplace. How did you handle it? And what was the outcome   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and completed the job submission form online. Then I received an email to schedule a digital interview within the next 48 hours. 6 behavioral questions were asked. I then received another email requesting I schedule a telephone interview. Do not know outcome as process is still on going.

Interview Questions

• What I wanted to do in my next career and why.   Answer Question
    • Why I wanted to work for them and how my past experiences and skills prepared me for this job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time I had convince someone to do something that they did not want to do.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time I had to make and follow through on a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. It's always funny to interview with someone who is very young and new to interviewing. Lots of promises made - not many came through. Many in my group said they were told they could work from home, and that wasn't the case. I was told I could get an early shift, and was not able to, even after many in my group were offered. I was put in a specialized group that required that I receive more training than the rest of my group and had a higher level of difficulty, but I wasn't offered any monetary compensation for that.

Interview Questions

• They asked about experience, etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

They say you can, but also tell you that you'll be dropped if they don't meet your offer, so it wasn't really negotiable

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

The first part of the interview process involves recording yourself as you answer timed situational interview questions. This recorded video is then reviewed by recruiters, whom will contact candidates via email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, additional interviews (in-person or telephonic) are scheduled with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions were related to one's experience managing/supervising others and industry-specific expertise.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online right after my cousin didn't get hired . We are similar but different people and he told me he thinks I would be better suit for the job . I applied . Completed assessment . Was sent another one to complete then I was called to set interview . I met very nice women at my interview . They were very pleased with the growth of the company and very excited to work here . Made me feel welcome .

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable speaking with the elderly population ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have a degree so they are willing to negotiate higher pay .

Customer Service/Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

Online application and questionnaire. In person group interview (one interviewer, two interviewees.) Questions asked... Pertaining to ethics - how do you handle when coworkers are doing something unethical? how have you handled situations where you knew your coworkers were being unproductive? Pertaining to customer service - what is your definition of world class customer service? how do you handle an irate customer? when have you satisfied an initially unhappy customer?

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult decision you've had to make in the last six months and how did you come to your decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, there is a flat starting pay.

Licensed Health Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

The only requirement was a drug test and clean background. They didn't even ask me any questions, They showed me around and I got the job! They seemed pretty desperate for people. I was with group of people all with various backgrounds seems like most people that work here are on the lower side of education, but at least it pays well!