UnitedHealth Group

3.1

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2014.

I applied online right after my cousin didn't get hired . We are similar but different people and he told me he thinks I would be better suit for the job . I applied . Completed assessment . Was sent another one to complete then I was called to set interview .
    I met very nice women at my interview . They were very pleased with the growth of the company and very excited to work here . Made me feel welcome .

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable speaking with the elderly population ?   Answer Question
    I have a degree so they are willing to negotiate higher pay .

Customer Service/Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

Online application and questionnaire. In person group interview (one interviewer, two interviewees.) Questions asked... Pertaining to ethics - how do you handle when coworkers are doing something unethical? how have you handled situations where you knew your coworkers were being unproductive? Pertaining to customer service - what is your definition of world class customer service? how do you handle an irate customer? when have you satisfied an initially unhappy customer?

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision you've had to make in the last six months and how did you come to your decision?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, there is a flat starting pay.

Junior Access Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2014.

Starts out with online HireVue one way interview. The system allows practice with 3 questions that are very generic; why are you qualified, best achievement and biggest challenge. Moving forward the live recorded questions were technical in nature and (in my opinion) not directly related to the position requirements. UHG provided a 'typical day' description of this position's duties. The description mentioned MS Access 4 times, and no other applications. The HireVue questions pertained to .net programming and sql commands and server, nothing to do with MS Access. I felt there was a disconnect there and frankly a bit unfair. Next came the interview with HR recruiter, and all but 1 question was asking about technical skills; how many years with Access, any experience with VB, etc. The only question outside of skills was why do you want to work for UHG.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were the live HireVue questions. After being able to practice on generic interview questions they turn 180 degrees to technical questions which in itself is enough to make one take a step back. In addition the questions were not in line with the job description. The questions were 1) what is a @page directive 2) difference between delete and truncate 3) difference between clustered and non-clustered index.   Answer Question

Senior IT Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2013.

After an HR phone screen for this position, I was contacted a day later to set up an in-person interview. The HR person mentioned a few times, but when I indicated I was working and needed other times, she was flexible and able to best schedule me.

The interview itself was a panel interview with four managers. They were all pleasant, and shortly into the interview gave me a written SQL test to ensure I really knew SQL. I verbally told them what the statements were doing, and they were pleased. Besides asking my background relevant to the position, I was asked about 4 behavioral questions (see sample below). The interview went fairly smoothly but was definitely structured, and ended exactly by one hour.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced a situation when your sense of ethics or fairness was tested.   View Answer
    I felt the offer was fair and did not negotiate.

Military Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied twice for this position, first in April and again in May. You take an assessment which is pretty standard for positions like this. Had Phone interview 2-3 days later, and was scheduled for an in person interview the same day. They tell you what to expect from the interview, mostly behavorial questions.

Following this I got called from a Texas number and was offered a position. Had a last minute panic attack when I was called and told the offer was rescinded three days before starting, but they worked with me to clear up the issue in question.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you witnessed a customer or coworker acting unethical and how did you take steps to resolve this   View Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2013.

I had an initial telephone interview with HR, then I was set up with on site interview with two managers. The interview lasted about an hour. I received a phone call two days later with an offer. The culture was not intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

From the time I applied online to the job offer it took about 4-5 weeks. The recruiter was nice but didn't have her facts straight. She quoted me a higher salary and then they offered me lower than what I had been making! I thought this was a bait and swith tactic and didn't like the company from the get go. I had two phone interviews with the same two people. The questions were brutal-situation and behavioral type questions. The manager was rude and even cut me off while I was speaking since she thought I was talking too much. Who knows. They really told me very little about the job. Only kept asking me difficult questions. I did accept the offer since I was semi-employed at the time. The job turned out to be much less than what the brutal interview questions made it seem like it might be. The three weeks between getting the job offer and actually starting was consumed with them emailing or calling me everday! It was like I already worked there but without the pay. HR, the manager and the background check people hounded me daily with questions and information.I didn't want to work here, but needed the job. As it turned out the department I am in is extremely dysfunctional. Some people have not gotten a raise in 5 years! There was really no training and everyone seems worried about getting laid off and have bad attitudes. Take a job here if you are desperate.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a bit more and was told "this is the best we can do". 23 days off a year.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2012.

After I applied I had to take several questionnaires and then do an online computer proficiency test. Then they called to ask me a few questions and then set up an interview with a recruiter. After that, I had to set up another meeting with a manager. Once extended a contingent job offer, I had to submit a drug test within 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were the basic cookie cutter questions for entry level positions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2012.

I put my resume on their website and was called for phone interview. It went pretty good and the person doinging the interview knew I had been out of work over a year. Asked to come in for an interview. The location was 27 miles away but they quoted me a pretty good salary and good benifits so I decided to go for the interview. When I went in to interview was told I would be interviewing for different position which I had no experiece for. After the interview I was told since I hadn't worked for over a year the salary I would be offered was almost $3.00 an hour less! Most of the questions were centered around personal questions. There were a few work related question mostly related on how I would deal with coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a conflict between two coworkers.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2011.

Applied online, received a call back from hr dept and phone interview set up. After phone interview 1:1 interview set up at local office, after approximately a month I received a call back stating I was hired, now I'm going through the background check, drug test and ppd. Looking forward to starting soon!