UnitedHealth Group Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on their website and received an email requesting a video interview that can be done in the comfort of your own home in front of your laptop camera. The software records your responses for three minutes per question and it did feel rather awkward, but the questions weren't too bad. It's been almost two weeks since that video interview and I haven't heard from them yet. Came on Glassdoor to find out what the usual wait time is after the video interview and it looks like it can vary from a week to three months.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very long drawn out process that makes you wait, wait, wait... I believe it was most likely due to my supervisor but it was not very straight forward in terms of their response, etc. Would've quit in the middle of it because they leave you hanging weeks after weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do on the job first 3 months, first 1 yr, etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

30 minute phone screen followed by an hour-long in-person interview a month later. Straightforward behavioral questions, everything seemed to go OK. No contact until three months after the interview, at which point I learned the position no longer existed (i.e. no funding, decided not to hire anyone). A frustrating experience.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Recruiter makes the initial outreach and interview to screen for minimum requirements, skills, candidate disposition. The time between initial interview and subsequent ones may be very long, as much as 3 months. Very large organization so it is hard to identify who does what.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to have my job (question asked by hiring manager)   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is safe to make a reasonable counter offer. If excessive, you will be quickly dropped from list of candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Process began when I submitted my resume to the UHG job portal for a Project Manager position. The job I applied for was located in Santa Ana, CA, but my first contact was from an HR person in Minnesota. This first contact was a phone call about 5 days after I submitted my resume. I spent about forty minutes on the phone with this person. Easy first interview; mostly questions about why I left each of my previous jobs and what my strengths and weaknesses are. Nothing technical. I feel the goal of this interview was to test my demeanor and verify if I could string coherent sentences together. I was told my resume would be forwarded to the hiring manager and I should hear from them within the week. About a week later, I received an email asking my availability for a face to face interview. The earliest date was for the following week. I note this because the UHG hiring process is not a fast one; even when there is an immediate need, as in this case.

The face to face interview(s) lasted about three hours. I first interviewed with the hiring manager. This interview was similar to the phone interview I had previously with HR. I was asked if I had time to meet with the Director that oversees this position. Of course I said yes. I waited a few minutes before the Director arrived. This interview was very technical and covered the specific responsibilities held at each of my former employers. Luckily, I had brought examples of my work to share. Again I was asked if I had time for another interview; this time with the Senior VP that oversees this position. Again I said yes. After about 20 minutes, I had a third interview with the SVP, Director and hiring manager. The SVP ran this interview which seemed mostly social. Not technical at all. At the end, I was told they would get back to me soon.

About a week later, I was given a job offer contingent on the successful completion of a drug test and background check. The drug test was quick. The background check took about a week. I was cleared for employment on a Tuesday but could not start work until the following Monday because of new employee orientation.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. If you've actually done everything you list on your resume, the interviews are a breeze.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a slightly higher salary (about 5k) and 40 hours of PTO awarded on my start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Called by hr, talked into phone screen. Phone screen was more of the interviewer trying to convince me to take the job. Then interviewed with other executives, more of the same.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not budge from original discussions.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Be prepared to be grilled, they have a thorough interview process. I appreciate how this company does things and their interview process is no different.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Very professional, organized process.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

HR set up two phone interviews with PM team members

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with PM? Give me a run through of an average day at your current job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume I was contacted very quickly to set up an interview. The first interview was a phone interview. She was very thorough in asking about the progression of jobs through my career. Mostly followed this format - how one position led to the next, etc. After her questions, she told more about the job, which I actually wished had been first in order to frame up some of the answers better. Then, she told me about their process. Overall, the process was very thorough, but kept to the 1/2 hour time set for the first phone interview. I am waiting to hear if a meeting with the hiring manager is desired.