UnitedHealth Group

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oldsmar, FL

I applied online and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Absolutely Grueling

Interview Question – All questions were difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Run in the other direction as fast as you can, UnitedHealth is not who they profess to be. They are just a big false façade.

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – In a matter of seconds after completing the provider phone representative assessment test for the 2nd time in two years I received an email stating "Unfortunately, we will not be able to consider you for this position at this time. Although your skills and qualifications are impressive, we have identified other candidates whose experience more closely fit the specifications of the position." The first time I took the test was at the Oldsmar, FL location and I was not sure of my answers. This time I took the test online and know that I answered the questions very well. I took extra time to make sure I was ready for the test. I think that the explanation I received within seconds of completing the test is their way of dumping you as an overqualified applicant for the job. I have years of customer service and phone experience.

Interview Question – The 2nd phase of the exam. You have to answer 20 question with in 10 minutes. Each question has complicated instructions and at least 5 multiple choices for answers.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Provider Phone Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with a manager and a supervisor

Interview Question – Tell me a time where u had to make a difficult decision and the outcome   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, the next day I got an email asking to schedule an on site assessment. That assessment was really easy, just sample calls and selecting the best response. I got my phone interview scheduled that same day. The phone interview lasts about 45mins to an hour. They ask the typical scenario questions from past jobs. It took about 2 days after that to get a call to schedule a face to face interview. They tell you that it will last 45mins to an hour and I was only there about 20 mins. Same kind of questions as the phone interview. The hiring manager was really nice. She says someone will contact in about a week or two, it was really only 2-3 days that I got a call from a Texas number saying they were offering me the job contingent on passing the drug screen and background check.

Interview Question – Explain a type that you witnessed a customer displaying questionable morals.   Answer Question

Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – The process began with an interactive online skills test. This tested your ability to interpret information and provide answers to customers based on generic account information. After that there was a quick interview with an HR rep followed by a panel interview with management members.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected. General questions about job expectations, work ethics, previous experience with call centers and customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Given my lengthy experience I was offered the maximum beginning pay the department would allow.

Very Easy Interview

Provider Phone Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview which was okay. I also got an assessment for an on site screening to verify my information for the job. The face to face was a sign that this was not the job for me as the manager could barely ask relevant questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Question – Do you think you will like it here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations..I was told what the salary was.

Richardson, TX

I applied online and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Online Application followed by selection email inviting the applicant to come in for an "assessment". This is nothing more than more on-line testing ... only in a testing center. You are using an unfamiliar program (unrealistic and outdated) with an unfamiliar keyboard etc and expected to perform fast and accurate. The HR person was not a good person to represent UHG in my opinon. She was unprofessional and abrupt. you could tell it was a job she did not enjoy and she was the gate keeper while automated systems culled the herd.

Interview Question – None.. it was all computer based and no interaction was required outside of "What is your name?" what a waste.   Answer Question

Phone Provider Representative Interview

Phone Provider Representative
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of several stages. The first step is to go in for an assessment., if you pass a phone interview is scheduled. If those 2 things go well, a face to face interview is scheduled. with the manager, supervisor and someone from the training department (panel style interview).

Interview Question – There are really no questions that are unexpected. The best advice I can give is to be very knowledgeable about the company and what they do because those questions will be presented during the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation, they called with an offer and had all the salary details outlined already.

Oldsmar, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online at their website. A week later I was sent a link to take an assessment test. It was the usual online assessment. A few days later, I was sent a link to complete my online application, and to set up a date to come in for an onsite assessment.

This was a complete waste of time, as this could have been done on a computer from anywhere. For some reason, I guess it gives an error, and that's why you have to come in. It was 4 simulated calls, with a practice in the beginning, and personality questions at the end. We had to read and sign some paper work, given information about the job and pay rate. After the test, we set up a time for a phone interview.

The recruiter was late calling, said he had some technical issues. Asked normal questions, but it seemed as if he didn't like my last answer and although he closed the call correctly, it felt like the interview ended abruptly. Twenty minutes later I received a rejection e-mail.

Interview Question – None. They were just typical questions worded differently.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. Took an assessment and then I was invited to go to an onside assessment. it was scheduled online. I walked in and did not know where to go as there were no signs or indications where to go. I figured out where to go and knocked on the door. there were a group of other applicants waiting. my group was not greeted until 15-20 minutes past the slotted time. Then we were told to do a test in a different room. Next, we we set up interviews with a recruiter. No apologies by the way for tardiness. I was set up the following week. I interviewed and was asked the same questions asked of my application for the umph time. Then I was asked questions by the recruiter. He read each and every question verbatim from his sheet which also felt a tad unprofessional. Then we were done with the interview. I was contacted in 24 hours told I would not be offered a job and that I was overqualified.

Interview Question – Think of a time you had to handle a difficult customer and what steps did you make to turn things around?   Answer Question

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!