UnitedHealth Group Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2013.

Applied for the job one week, had a phone interview the next week, came in that following week and interviewed with a couple of managers and was hired the following week.

Interview Questions
  • Whether I was looking for a position that I could stay at or looking for something as a stepping stone.   Answer Question
It didn't appear that there was room for negotiation about anything. I really wanted to push back the date of hire but felt there wasn't room to budge so didn't try.

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2014.

Interview was very innovative and the hiring process was quick. They quick numerous interview within the assigned department. Individual interview was conducted through an online system, when selected a one-on-one interview was conducted with hiring manager and finished off with additional members of assigned team.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a difficult question or situation that occurred during the interview process, it was smooth and easy.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Contacted by recruiter, given phone interview. Scheduled for 1 hour phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to have your responses constantly interrupted midway through a sentence.
      i.e., "Tell me about a time when you had an ethical problem and what you did about it..." Interviewer: "But I don't see what that has to do with ethics." Despite their website videos, this company appears to have no understanding of ethics.
      I was asked by an individual in another department to pay her for a job.
        Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The position is specifically in the leadership acceleration program (LAP). I was initially interviewed by a recruiter who asked if I had any further questions. None of the phone conversations were identified as interviews, they simply said they wanted to answer any questions before I was contacted later to move forward in the process. Each of these casual interviews were a level of screening before the on-site interview. The on-site interviews consisted of three back-to-back interviews and a Q&A panel with current LAP people. They are looking for people who are highly professional but also relaxed and laid back, the work space is non-traditional, and they encourage innovative thinking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2012.

2 interviews
    1 - over the phone
    2 - on site interview

Interview Questions
    • general behavior questions, nothing too difficult -- background in healthcare appreciated   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2012.

This position was a telecommunicating position. I would have been working out of a home office. Co-workers would be located all over the US. I had 2 interviews, both of which were phone interviews. Both phone interviews were disconcerting for me. I prefer face to face in person interviews. Phone interviews seem so impersonal and do not allow me to get feedback from body language, facial expressions, etc. I did not get a job offer, and the employer did not demonstrate the common courtesy of notifying me when I had been eliminated from consideration.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2011.

Interviewed with a few employees in leadership positions across multiple departments. Overall, interviews were not too difficult and familiar questions such as "why are you looking for a new job?" and "where do you see yourself in a few years from now" were asked. Having a referral into the company helps to get an interview since there are usually a lot of candidates for a job.

Interview Questions
    • What didn't you like about your old boss?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Golden Valley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2010.

Phone interview with HR.... Basic.. can you do this type questions.
    Week later got 1:1 with the Hiring Manager. Very informal.
    Week and some days later ... got an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions
    They gave me what I asked for...

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Too long ago to be relevant today

Interview Questions
    • Lots of experience based questions. Nothing really insightful was asked   Answer Question
    There wasn't one. Take what was offered or move on

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

applied online, spoke with recruiter, interviewed with hiring manager, interviewed with Sr management, job offer

Interview Questions

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!