UnitedHealth Group

Updated Nov 29, 2014

3.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Contacted by recruiter, given phone interview. Scheduled for 1 hour phone interview.

Interview Questions
  • Be prepared to have your responses constantly interrupted midway through a sentence.
    i.e., "Tell me about a time when you had an ethical problem and what you did about it..." Interviewer: "But I don't see what that has to do with ethics." Despite their website videos, this company appears to have no understanding of ethics.
    I was asked by an individual in another department to pay her for a job.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2014.

Interview was very innovative and the hiring process was quick. They quick numerous interview within the assigned department. Individual interview was conducted through an online system, when selected a one-on-one interview was conducted with hiring manager and finished off with additional members of assigned team.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a difficult question or situation that occurred during the interview process, it was smooth and easy.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The position is specifically in the leadership acceleration program (LAP). I was initially interviewed by a recruiter who asked if I had any further questions. None of the phone conversations were identified as interviews, they simply said they wanted to answer any questions before I was contacted later to move forward in the process. Each of these casual interviews were a level of screening before the on-site interview. The on-site interviews consisted of three back-to-back interviews and a Q&A panel with current LAP people. They are looking for people who are highly professional but also relaxed and laid back, the work space is non-traditional, and they encourage innovative thinking.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2013.

Applied for the job one week, had a phone interview the next week, came in that following week and interviewed with a couple of managers and was hired the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Whether I was looking for a position that I could stay at or looking for something as a stepping stone.   Answer Question
    It didn't appear that there was room for negotiation about anything. I really wanted to push back the date of hire but felt there wasn't room to budge so didn't try.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2013.

Walked through resume, and discussed experience. Described scenarios where I solved similar problems, and walked through how I've handled situations on past jobs. Each area asked questions related to their area. Original manager was very friendly and respectful. It started out with a phone call, and then I spoke with other folks via phone. Later I met with a team for a review.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle complex projects that have a lot of moving parts?   View Answer
    I got a letter with a written offer requiring a health screening test before being accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2012.

2 interviews
    1 - over the phone
    2 - on site interview

Interview Questions
    • general behavior questions, nothing too difficult -- background in healthcare appreciated   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2012.

This position was a telecommunicating position. I would have been working out of a home office. Co-workers would be located all over the US. I had 2 interviews, both of which were phone interviews. Both phone interviews were disconcerting for me. I prefer face to face in person interviews. Phone interviews seem so impersonal and do not allow me to get feedback from body language, facial expressions, etc. I did not get a job offer, and the employer did not demonstrate the common courtesy of notifying me when I had been eliminated from consideration.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2011.

Interviewed with a few employees in leadership positions across multiple departments. Overall, interviews were not too difficult and familiar questions such as "why are you looking for a new job?" and "where do you see yourself in a few years from now" were asked. Having a referral into the company helps to get an interview since there are usually a lot of candidates for a job.

Interview Questions
    • What didn't you like about your old boss?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2010.

Phone interview with HR.... Basic.. can you do this type questions.
    Week later got 1:1 with the Hiring Manager. Very informal.
    Week and some days later ... got an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions
    They gave me what I asked for...

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

- Contacted by hiring agency, who informed about face to face in Gurgaon.
    - Earlier a manager from Hyderabad called to conduct the initial interview.
    - For second round, Reached the location at 9:30, when the interview was supposed to start at 10.00 am and no one could be seen around till the last moment. The HR strolled in at 9:55 am.
    - The Person who was supposed to conduct the discussion, wasn't even aware of the Job description. I was asked to show the Job description.
    - Interviewer claimed he was a business analyst, but a faded t-shirt and jeans along with hoodie jacket didn't gave the best impression. Interviewer looked tired and only at the end , I came to know that he was working 1 pm -1 am shift and hence looked tired.
    - Job description was of business analyst, but they wanted a technical Architect + Database administrator. The word "business analyst" was misleading. Questions ranged from "how is Oracle different from teradata" to "SQL tuning".
    - Job description was miseading had mentioned "Candidate must be willing to work with the team based in US". That doesn't qualify for 1 pm - 1 am shift. 9pm-10pm is the max, the overlapping should be done.
    - Overall negative experience. They are planning to move the business analyst jobs from US to India, but they themselves don't understand that business analyst in US are much more competent than the counterparts in India. The accent issue is one of the biggest problem and people who have experience in working in US should have been given preference than someone who is more technically sound. Business analyst are only the liaisons between different teams and need to have good personality and interpersonal skills.