UnitedHealth Group

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, given phone interview. Scheduled for 1 hour phone interview.

Interview Question – Be prepared to have your responses constantly interrupted midway through a sentence.
i.e., "Tell me about a time when you had an ethical problem and what you did about it..." Interviewer: "But I don't see what that has to do with ethics." Despite their website videos, this company appears to have no understanding of ethics.
I was asked by an individual in another department to pay her for a job.
  Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – The position is specifically in the leadership acceleration program (LAP). I was initially interviewed by a recruiter who asked if I had any further questions. None of the phone conversations were identified as interviews, they simply said they wanted to answer any questions before I was contacted later to move forward in the process. Each of these casual interviews were a level of screening before the on-site interview. The on-site interviews consisted of three back-to-back interviews and a Q&A panel with current LAP people. They are looking for people who are highly professional but also relaxed and laid back, the work space is non-traditional, and they encourage innovative thinking.

Interview Question – What is your area of greatest opportunity?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews
1 - over the phone
2 - on site interview

Interview Question – general behavior questions, nothing too difficult -- background in healthcare appreciated   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – This position was a telecommunicating position. I would have been working out of a home office. Co-workers would be located all over the US. I had 2 interviews, both of which were phone interviews. Both phone interviews were disconcerting for me. I prefer face to face in person interviews. Phone interviews seem so impersonal and do not allow me to get feedback from body language, facial expressions, etc. I did not get a job offer, and the employer did not demonstrate the common courtesy of notifying me when I had been eliminated from consideration.

Interview Question – Are you a fox, lion, or turtle?   Answer Question

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a few employees in leadership positions across multiple departments. Overall, interviews were not too difficult and familiar questions such as "why are you looking for a new job?" and "where do you see yourself in a few years from now" were asked. Having a referral into the company helps to get an interview since there are usually a lot of candidates for a job.

Interview Question – What didn't you like about your old boss?   View Answer

Golden Valley, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR.... Basic.. can you do this type questions.
Week later got 1:1 with the Hiring Manager. Very informal.
Week and some days later ... got an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They gave me what I asked for...

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Too long ago to be relevant today

Interview Question – Lots of experience based questions. Nothing really insightful was asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. Take what was offered or move on

Senior Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – applied online, spoke with recruiter, interviewed with hiring manager, interviewed with Sr management, job offer

Interview Question – write a SQL code for this scenario   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group Senior Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees and interview candidates.