UnitedHealth Group Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

3.1

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Invited to do a digital interview about a week from applying. Completed did you interview then received an email saying I was still in the running. Few weeks after that received a call saying they preferred someone in a particular location.then why post the position as telecommute anywhere in the US.they also interview for positions and then tell you via email that the positions are either placed on hold or no longer available. very frustrating and definitely not a good first impression.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later I got a call from a recruiter doing a basic screening. After that I got a call to set up a call with the hiring manager for the next day. I interviewed with the manager and then the next day received the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially, I received an email to participate in a digital interview. This came approximately one week after submitting my application online. The digital interview is a strange format, if you're not familiar with it. Basically you log onto a website, you're prompted with a few high-level questions, and your answers are recorded via webcam.

About a week after the digital interview, I received a call from a corporate recruiter inviting me to participate in a phone screen. The phone screen was short--probably 10-15 minutes--and focused primarily on basic qualifications (i.e., education, experience). I was also asked what my salary expectations were. It concluded with the recruiter scheduling a phone interview between me and the hiring manager for the next day.

The phone interview was about 45 minutes and consisted primarily of technical and role-based questions. I was glad to have prepared beforehand, otherwise some of the harder questions would have caught me off guard. Within 24 hours, I was contacted by another corporate recruiter to schedule an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was conducted by the hiring manager and 5-6 other members of the cross-functional development team (developers, testers, BAs, PMs). Questions were less technical--more focused on my work patterns, communication methods, team approach, and general demeanor to determine whether I was a cultural fit.

I received an offer of employment three days later. The entire process (application-to-offer) took 22 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to work directly with an end user to resolve or mitigate an application defect?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, given phone interview. Scheduled for 1 hour phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to have your responses constantly interrupted midway through a sentence.
      i.e., "Tell me about a time when you had an ethical problem and what you did about it..." Interviewer: "But I don't see what that has to do with ethics." Despite their website videos, this company appears to have no understanding of ethics.
      I was asked by an individual in another department to pay her for a job.

Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was very innovative and the hiring process was quick. They quick numerous interview within the assigned department. Individual interview was conducted through an online system, when selected a one-on-one interview was conducted with hiring manager and finished off with additional members of assigned team.

Interview Questions

• There was not a difficult question or situation that occurred during the interview process, it was smooth and easy.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The position is specifically in the leadership acceleration program (LAP). I was initially interviewed by a recruiter who asked if I had any further questions. None of the phone conversations were identified as interviews, they simply said they wanted to answer any questions before I was contacted later to move forward in the process. Each of these casual interviews were a level of screening before the on-site interview. The on-site interviews consisted of three back-to-back interviews and a Q&A panel with current LAP people. They are looking for people who are highly professional but also relaxed and laid back, the work space is non-traditional, and they encourage innovative thinking.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2013.

Interview

Applied for the job one week, had a phone interview the next week, came in that following week and interviewed with a couple of managers and was hired the following week.

Interview Questions

• Whether I was looking for a position that I could stay at or looking for something as a stepping stone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It didn't appear that there was room for negotiation about anything. I really wanted to push back the date of hire but felt there wasn't room to budge so didn't try.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2013.

Interview

Walked through resume, and discussed experience. Described scenarios where I solved similar problems, and walked through how I've handled situations on past jobs. Each area asked questions related to their area. Original manager was very friendly and respectful. It started out with a phone call, and then I spoke with other folks via phone. Later I met with a team for a review.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle complex projects that have a lot of moving parts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a letter with a written offer requiring a health screening test before being accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

2 interviews
    1 - over the phone
    2 - on site interview

Interview Questions

• general behavior questions, nothing too difficult -- background in healthcare appreciated   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

This position was a telecommunicating position. I would have been working out of a home office. Co-workers would be located all over the US. I had 2 interviews, both of which were phone interviews. Both phone interviews were disconcerting for me. I prefer face to face in person interviews. Phone interviews seem so impersonal and do not allow me to get feedback from body language, facial expressions, etc. I did not get a job offer, and the employer did not demonstrate the common courtesy of notifying me when I had been eliminated from consideration.