Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group
- Customer Service Representative (95)
- Claims Representative (35)
- Software Engineer (34)
- Customer Care Professional (28)
- Customer Service Advocate (28)
- Business Analyst (26)
- Project Manager (23)
- Clinical Administrative Coordinator (22)
- Customer Service (18)
- Senior Business Analyst (17)
- Associate Software Engineer (16)
- Senior Software Engineer (15)
- Senior Project Manager (14)
- RN Case Manager (14)
- Intern (12)
- Provider Phone Representative (12)
- IT Project Manager (11)
- Health Advisor (10)
- Director (10)
- Nurse Practitioner (10)
- Senior Financial Analyst (9)
- Analyst (9)
- Financial Analyst (8)
- Consultant (7)
- Administrative Assistant (7)
- Product Manager (7)
- Physician Advisor (6)
- Senior Customer Service Representative (6)
- Claims Processor (6)
- Marketing (6)
Senior Customer Care Professional Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Greensboro, NC).
Pre-Screening Assessment > On-Site Assessment > Phone Interview > On-Site Interview > Job Offer via Phone and Mailing > Off-Site Drug Test > Background Check (Laughable) > Report to Work. Process from beginning to end is roughly 5 weeks. It generally depends on how long until the next training class is open.
- Tell about a time your went through a difficult situation at work, and how did you resolve it? Answer Question
Take it or leave it. Offer is sent in pre-employment package.
Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group
Senior Customer Care Professional InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Southfield, MI) in December 2009.
I had one phone interview and then I met with the supervisor of the department. Now, I noticed that the last group that came in had to do an online assessment.
- Situational questions: give me a situation where you had to diffuse and irrate caller and tell me in detail what you did to resolve the callers issues Answer Question
There was no negotiating and I was offered $14.41 to start, and now I have been there for over 3 years and I make $15.86 hourly,.