Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group
- Customer Service Representative (84)
- Claims Representative (31)
- Software Engineer (27)
- Customer Care Professional (27)
- Business Analyst (26)
- Customer Service Advocate (21)
- Project Manager (20)
- Customer Service (18)
- Clinical Administrative Coordinator (16)
- Associate Software Engineer (15)
- Senior Business Analyst (15)
- Senior Project Manager (13)
- Senior Software Engineer (13)
- RN Case Manager (12)
- Intern (12)
- Provider Phone Representative (11)
- IT Project Manager (11)
- Health Advisor (10)
- Director (10)
- Senior Financial Analyst (9)
- Nurse Practitioner (9)
- Analyst (9)
- Administrative Assistant (7)
- Consultant (7)
- Product Manager (7)
- Financial Analyst (7)
- Claims Associate (6)
- Senior Customer Service Representative (6)
- Claims Processor (6)
- Marketing (6)
Senior Customer Service Representative Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX) in October 2014.
Initially, I received a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview with another recruiter. After passing that interview the recruiter then passed my information on to one of the managers. The manager called me about 2-3 days later for 2nd phone interview. I received an offer about a week later.
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What did you do? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group
Senior Customer Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive Experience
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.
I applied online right after my cousin didn't get hired . We are similar but different people and he told me he thinks I would be better suit for the job . I applied . Completed assessment . Was sent another one to complete then I was called to set interview . I met very nice women at my interview . They were very pleased with the growth of the company and very excited to work here . Made me feel welcome .
- Are you comfortable speaking with the elderly population ? Answer Question
I have a degree so they are willing to negotiate higher pay .
Senior Customer Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Rancho Cordova, CA) in July 2014.
I applied online for the position, got a call a week later to come in for an in-person interview. I would say the questions asked were very basic interview questions based on personal experiences from your employment. Think of good examples you have had dealing with customers. A week after that I got a call from HR offering me a position and the hourly pay and benefits. I am still waiting on my background check and am awaiting an email to complete my drug screen.
- Tell me about a project you had to complete and how did you deal with meeting the deadline. Answer Question
The offer was more than I expected it to be so I did not negotiate.
Senior Customer Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Oldsmar, FL) in August 2012.
Took an assessment early May for a position I applied for late April (Provider Phone Representative). Rejected before I was even out of the building via e-mail, but the recruiter was still having me sign paperwork and pretending I was going to be contacted during this time. Applied for another position (senior CSR) mid August and went onsite for the assessment again; didn't have to take it this time because it was the same test. This time, the recruiter said my results were "fine" (same exact results) and set me up with a phone interview. Interviewer called 2 minutes early. The interview lasted 30 minutes and the interviewer went through every job listed on my resume in depth and asked me to describe them all in detail. He also asked some behavioral questions. Two days later I was contacted by the recruiter again and asked to come in for a face to face interview with the supervisor. They went over some of the resume but the in person interview is more gauging who you are as a person. Some behavioral questions were asked there, too, and they encourage you to answer in different ways from the phone interview, even though the questions may be similar. Supervisor was very professional and friendly. Four days later I received a call with an offer for employment.
- Describe a time where you made a mistake that you feel could have been avoided by further analysis of the situation. Answer Question
Senior Customer Service Representative InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hooksett, NH) in January 2010.
First an online assessment, next an onsite assessment, next a phone interview if you qualify. Not sure what comes after that. Phone interview asks tough behavioral questions.
- Tell me about a time that you took responsibility for someone else's error. Answer Question
Senior Customer Service Representative InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.
I applied on line and once my application passed initial screening, I was emailed with directions and a link to take an online personality assessment. Having passed this, another email arrived for me to schedule an on site skills assessment. The onsite assessment was a skills test and more personality assessments. Next I was called to schedule a phone interview. The whole process was impersonal and disappointing.
- Explain a situation at a past workplace where you observed someone doing something unethical and what did you do. Also grilled me on how much notice I gave past employers before leaving. Answer Question
- Explain a situation where you had to apologize to a customer for something you did wrong. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review