UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

HR screening, then face to face with 2 managers and Director. Interviews with Managers went well, Director interview was awful.

The hiring manager seemed to be really impressed with my bacground and had a lot of positive things to say about me. He asked a good mix of technical and behavioral questions and seemed to be focused on soft skills, which to me is a good thing.

The Director of Revenue Operations was very soft spoken and didn't have much to say. His demeanor had a direct reflection on my responses. When he asked what my compensation requirements were, he gawked a bit. This was a little funny to me because my comp requirements are in line with the averages for the role and my skill set. Not sure what the problem was there.

The final interview was with another Regional Finance Manager. This guy came off as wanting to be percieved as "the cool guy" of the group. I took it for what it was.

They all seemed to talk about how the company valued its employees when I asked about what they liked about the company. Well, as a prospective employee I didn't get that. After waiting almost a week after interviewing, I reached out to HR for an update on the timeline for selection. I was ignored. This happened 4 months prior when I applied for another role and met with HR. They all tell you to reach out to them with any questions, but clearly they are just going through the motions of what would be proper HR employees. My suspicion is that they went with a cheaper internal candidate.

Overall, I would still say that this is probably a good place to work. My advice to myself and everyone else is to take the good with the bad, because there is no perfect company out there waiting for you to grace them with your presence. Security in this building is an issue though. They seemed to let anyone up without swiping a badge or signing in. Scary.

Interview Questions
  • None - there was a good mix of technical and behavioral questions. The standard stuff here.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2011.

Interview process started with speaking to one of the HR folks through the phone. A week later, had another phone interview with the hiring manager. Another week later, went in for an in person interview. Met three individuals. The following week had to meet with three others. Spoke to a good amount of people and still waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2008.

Very standard phone interview, then had in person interviews with 4 different people at the company.

Shoot for the moon!

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Applied online and got contacted by a third party recruiter for over the phone interview. Then interviewed with HR and the hiring manager over the phone. Was called in for in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges have you faced and how did you overcame?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2012.

The online application was easy. The initial phone screen was with HR.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2010.

Complicated and confusing. The HR recruiting is done over the phone. You never meet with an HR rep in person. During the interview they informed me I was interviewing for 2 positions I wasn't aware of it at the time. After the interview you call the HR rep. The interviews were short 30min each with 3-5 people. I didn't think it was enough time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when someone took credit for your work?   Answer Question