UnitedHealth Group

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – HR screening, then face to face with 2 managers and Director. Interviews with Managers went well, Director interview was awful.

The hiring manager seemed to be really impressed with my bacground and had a lot of positive things to say about me. He asked a good mix of technical and behavioral questions and seemed to be focused on soft skills, which to me is a good thing.

The Director of Revenue Operations was very soft spoken and didn't have much to say. His demeanor had a direct reflection on my responses. When he asked what my compensation requirements were, he gawked a bit. This was a little funny to me because my comp requirements are in line with the averages for the role and my skill set. Not sure what the problem was there.

The final interview was with another Regional Finance Manager. This guy came off as wanting to be percieved as "the cool guy" of the group. I took it for what it was.

They all seemed to talk about how the company valued its employees when I asked about what they liked about the company. Well, as a prospective employee I didn't get that. After waiting almost a week after interviewing, I reached out to HR for an update on the timeline for selection. I was ignored. This happened 4 months prior when I applied for another role and met with HR. They all tell you to reach out to them with any questions, but clearly they are just going through the motions of what would be proper HR employees. My suspicion is that they went with a cheaper internal candidate.

Overall, I would still say that this is probably a good place to work. My advice to myself and everyone else is to take the good with the bad, because there is no perfect company out there waiting for you to grace them with your presence. Security in this building is an issue though. They seemed to let anyone up without swiping a badge or signing in. Scary.

Interview Question – None - there was a good mix of technical and behavioral questions. The standard stuff here.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process started with speaking to one of the HR folks through the phone. A week later, had another phone interview with the hiring manager. Another week later, went in for an in person interview. Met three individuals. The following week had to meet with three others. Spoke to a good amount of people and still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2008.

Interview Details – Very standard phone interview, then had in person interviews with 4 different people at the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Shoot for the moon!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Applied online and got contacted by a third party recruiter for over the phone interview. Then interviewed with HR and the hiring manager over the phone. Was called in for in person interview.

Interview Question – What challenges have you faced and how did you overcame?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – The online application was easy. The initial phone screen was with HR.

Interview Question – Why are you looking for a new position   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Complicated and confusing. The HR recruiting is done over the phone. You never meet with an HR rep in person. During the interview they informed me I was interviewing for 2 positions I wasn't aware of it at the time. After the interview you call the HR rep. The interviews were short 30min each with 3-5 people. I didn't think it was enough time.

Interview Question – Describe a time when someone took credit for your work?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group Senior Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees and interview candidates.