UnitedHealth Group

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

They came to recruit at a college. There was a one on one interview. Formal but very engaging. Asked a few questions. Was not as stressful as expected. After the first interview in a few days I received an email for the second interview at the office location.

Go to a second interview

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Internal interview process similarly mirrors external process. Resume submission was easy. Kept in contact with a combination of automated emails and recruiter phone calls. 1st interview was recruiter. 2nd with hiring manager. 2 weeks after the hiring manager interview, received contact from the recruiter about job offer. No formal offer letter due to internal transfer.

Interview Questions
    Non-existent. Internal promotions are pretty much a take it or leave it event.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Two interviews, one was a peer interview which I especially appreciated as it gave me the opportunity to get a feel for the team and ask questions about the culture of the team.
    There was communication throughout from my application through the HR screening process to the interview scheduling and the decision process. The interiew was a "behavioral" or "situational" style interview focusing on behaviors, successes, and past learning experiences. Equal opportunity given for me to ask questions. I walked away from the interview process feeling as though I had every opportunity to distinguish myself as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if you aren't offered this position.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2012.

Interviewing with the hiring manager and his/her peers was uneventful and standard.
    Where UNH fell down was with the recruiter. She was very disorganized and not informative or responsive.
    Also, in my observations. requisitions are left open on internet job sites when positions have long since been filled, creating confusion and unnecessary work for applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews included the usual behavioral and technical questions.   Answer Question

The recruiting process and lack of organization sent a bad message to me about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

I initially applied about four months prior to being contacted by United. The pre-screening process was excellent. The HR contact was very helpful. There were about six 1:1 phone interviews with different team members spanning an additional 2 months and largely focused on my experience with "matrixed" environments. One thing that stands out in my mind is the process felt meandering. I had no idea what the reporting structure was and didn't realize I had completed the interview process by the time the offer came. I was still waiting for a face to face, which of course never happened!

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very straight forward. I do not recall any specifics, but walked away with a sense that the work would be very fast-paced with a great deal of independence and expectation. I was most surprised by the sheer volume of interviews. By the end of the process, I had a higher degree of comfort, but was still taken back by the number of people with which I spoke.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2010.

A very pleasurable experience. The company planned the initial phone interview. The 1:1 interview was on site and the interview was conducted in a very professional and informative meeting.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected interview questions. Only question that was a surprise was regarding my certifications   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2007.

Depends on manager. Behavioral questions are asked to demonstrate how you handle/act in different situations. If you are interviewing for a technical position, technical questions may be asked, including examples of your work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker and how the situation was resolved.   Answer Question
    Always negotiate the offer. Worst they can say is no. They obviously want you for the position.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Took months for a call. Talked to several people. Hired over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were easy and no brainers just like the managers asking the questions. I should have known something was wrong from the experience.   Answer Question
    Not bad. I had a number and they met it.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2010.

apply online as soon as the job opening is posted. within 24 hours you get a self-identify automated email. HR recruiter will then call to set up initial HR phone screen, then phone interview with hiring manager and possibly team member, in-person panel interview with at least 2 people.

Interview Questions
    i was able to negotiate for a later start date. The salary was very good and what I wanted so I didn't have to negotiate that.