UnitedHealth Group

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2015.

This is on campus interview. First talk about resume and then ask behaviour questions. Like why do you choose us, why work in health industry. What the important thing in woking with team. How to handle argue in a team. For example, two people want to be leader and there are just two people in this team.
Then let me teach him poker rules. I teach him the easiest one I know. I draw some pictures to teach rules.

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2015.

Had 1 technical interview followed by 2 technical interviews at their location. I enjoyed talking to the first 2 engineers but the last was unbelievably awful and was trying to make me fail. He asked me such a difficult problem and purposely gave me some wrong info to see if I would catch it or not, changed the scenario while I was near done solving it, and clearly told me he'll notify the other interviewers that I did so poorly. I spoke to everyone else that interviewed with the company and they only had 1 or 2 technical interviews with simple problems. They were completely shocked at how I was treated by the last person. I'll make sure to never apply to this place ever again.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2012.

The initial contact was by their HR team in Austin, TX. They were very professional and cordial during that stage. They set up a face to face interview for me in Colorado Springs about 2 weeks after the initial contact. I arrived at the address given but found no listing for "UnitiedHealth Group" in the office directory. I finally asked someone outside the building and they laughed as if i was not in on the joke. They told me that this was indeed the address but that UnitedHealth actually partners with another small company for their IT work. No one ever mentioned this to me and it was greatly disappointing to me that I would not be an actual employee of UnitedHealth. The interview went well but the hiring manager seemed a little cold and distant. From what I learned about the company from this interview would probably keep me from applying there again.

Interview Questions
    • Expalin the difference between the Java clauses: "final", "finalize", and "finally"   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

Interview was good... First round was technical which had very good questions..second round was managerial cum technical..more of the decision making related questions were asked...third was HR which happened to be telephonic. which was more of a negotiaton one..

Interview Questions
    ok..But they didn't give what I was expecting

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

My first round was SQL , asked all sql queries and after satisfying the interviewer he would forward you to the next round i.e technical interview . In technical interview he would ask you three four program outputs

3 rounds
    1st - techincal
    2nd - manageral
    3rd - hr

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2013.

3 rounds - 1st round is divded into Apti, Analytical and programming ( moderate to difficult level )

2 nd round - GD ( very easy )

3rd - technical - i believe it was a difficult round. will give you some real basic and tough questions

Interview Questions
    • try to swap 2 variables without using a 3rd variable   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2013.

total 3 rounds,
    round 1 : Technical -Telephonic
    round 2 : Manager - FF
    round 3 : HR

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2011.

It happened in 2011, there first round is technical which was pretty simple latter HR. Where HR round became very tough to negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2011.

One round of technical followed by one HR round and a managerial round.
    Technical round is little toughest among all. Focus is on the basics of the technology.
    once cleared it is easy to clear other rounds :)
    Result will be told the same day. it was in my case.

Interview Questions
    • Basics of .Net like Generics, Explain about your old project. What was your role. Explain the architecture of your project and reporting structure. How will you prove that you are valuable etc   View Answer
    it took one month to get a call for negotiations again it depends on the requirement, if the company has huge requirements then you will get a call very soon otherwise you have to wait a bit. in my case They rolled out an offer and agreed for a 3 months notice period. you do have a relocation bonus so please ask for one in interview if you are relocating.