UnitedHealth Group Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2012.

The initial contact was by their HR team in Austin, TX. They were very professional and cordial during that stage. They set up a face to face interview for me in Colorado Springs about 2 weeks after the initial contact. I arrived at the address given but found no listing for "UnitiedHealth Group" in the office directory. I finally asked someone outside the building and they laughed as if i was not in on the joke. They told me that this was indeed the address but that UnitedHealth actually partners with another small company for their IT work. No one ever mentioned this to me and it was greatly disappointing to me that I would not be an actual employee of UnitedHealth. The interview went well but the hiring manager seemed a little cold and distant. From what I learned about the company from this interview would probably keep me from applying there again.

Interview Questions
  • Expalin the difference between the Java clauses: "final", "finalize", and "finally"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

My first round was SQL , asked all sql queries and after satisfying the interviewer he would forward you to the next round i.e technical interview . In technical interview he would ask you three four program outputs

3 rounds
    1st - techincal
    2nd - manageral
    3rd - hr

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2013.

3 rounds - 1st round is divded into Apti, Analytical and programming ( moderate to difficult level )

2 nd round - GD ( very easy )

3rd - technical - i believe it was a difficult round. will give you some real basic and tough questions

Interview Questions
    • try to swap 2 variables without using a 3rd variable   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2013.

total 3 rounds,
    round 1 : Technical -Telephonic
    round 2 : Manager - FF
    round 3 : HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2011.

It happened in 2011, there first round is technical which was pretty simple latter HR. Where HR round became very tough to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2011.

One round of technical followed by one HR round and a managerial round.
    Technical round is little toughest among all. Focus is on the basics of the technology.
    once cleared it is easy to clear other rounds :)
    Result will be told the same day. it was in my case.

Interview Questions
    • Basics of .Net like Generics, Explain about your old project. What was your role. Explain the architecture of your project and reporting structure. How will you prove that you are valuable etc   View Answer
    it took one month to get a call for negotiations again it depends on the requirement, if the company has huge requirements then you will get a call very soon otherwise you have to wait a bit. in my case They rolled out an offer and agreed for a 3 months notice period. you do have a relocation bonus so please ask for one in interview if you are relocating.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2011.

The phone Interview was a group/panel interview which went fine. The technical questions were based on work that i had done in the past or with my current employer, so it was easier to answer. Then there was interview with the hiring manager which was totally behavioural interview. The questions were again based on my past experience in the concerned field of work. Overall it went well.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing that you did which you are not very proud of in your job ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

Hiring process was good. But then tedious and lengthy. They kept people waiting for the entire day. For a simple interview of about 10 mins. This is ridiculous.

Very basic questions. The interviewer himself doesnt know the answers to questions he is posing.

Beware you'll be promised of a different position in interview and will be thrown into a different role altogether.

Pathetic.There is no particular benchmark based on the # of years of experience.
    If you bargain then you'll get as much more as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2011.

I waited long time around 4-5 hours for my turn of interview.
    I was interviewed for Dotnet 3.5/4.0 technologies.
    My interview went for 20 min.
    All questions are basically on Silverlight, MVVM pattern and WCF.

Interview Questions
    What ever you ask, they will reduce for 50K. So take margin of 50K and tell ur expected CTC.