UnitedHealth Group

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – The initial contact was by their HR team in Austin, TX. They were very professional and cordial during that stage. They set up a face to face interview for me in Colorado Springs about 2 weeks after the initial contact. I arrived at the address given but found no listing for "UnitiedHealth Group" in the office directory. I finally asked someone outside the building and they laughed as if i was not in on the joke. They told me that this was indeed the address but that UnitedHealth actually partners with another small company for their IT work. No one ever mentioned this to me and it was greatly disappointing to me that I would not be an actual employee of UnitedHealth. The interview went well but the hiring manager seemed a little cold and distant. From what I learned about the company from this interview would probably keep me from applying there again.

Interview Question – Expalin the difference between the Java clauses: "final", "finalize", and "finally"   View Answer

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – It happened in 2011, there first round is technical which was pretty simple latter HR. Where HR round became very tough to negotiate

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – total 3 rounds,
round 1 : Technical -Telephonic
round 2 : Manager - FF
round 3 : HR

Interview Question – nothing like unexpected   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – 3 rounds - 1st round is divded into Apti, Analytical and programming ( moderate to difficult level )

2 nd round - GD ( very easy )

3rd - technical - i believe it was a difficult round. will give you some real basic and tough questions

Interview Question – try to swap 2 variables without using a 3rd variable   View Answer

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – 3 rounds
1st - techincal
2nd - manageral
3rd - hr

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – Good and smooth.

Interview Question – For me, it was system architecture design.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I'd no idea of negotiation at that time.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – First round was general screening HR round, followed by one on one technical round and lastly the managerial round was conducted. All rounds were conducted on a single day, however finalization of the offer was done in 1 - 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was good. But then tedious and lengthy. They kept people waiting for the entire day. For a simple interview of about 10 mins. This is ridiculous.

Very basic questions. The interviewer himself doesnt know the answers to questions he is posing.

Beware you'll be promised of a different position in interview and will be thrown into a different role altogether.

Negotiation Details – Pathetic.There is no particular benchmark based on the # of years of experience.
If you bargain then you'll get as much more as possible.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process

1) HR round
2) Technical round
3) managerial round (success factor round)
4) Offer

Interview Questions

Hyderābād (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – One round of technical followed by one HR round and a managerial round.
Technical round is little toughest among all. Focus is on the basics of the technology.
once cleared it is easy to clear other rounds :)
Result will be told the same day. it was in my case.

Interview Question – Basics of .Net like Generics, Explain about your old project. What was your role. Explain the architecture of your project and reporting structure. How will you prove that you are valuable etc   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it took one month to get a call for negotiations again it depends on the requirement, if the company has huge requirements then you will get a call very soon otherwise you have to wait a bit. in my case They rolled out an offer and agreed for a 3 months notice period. you do have a relocation bonus so please ask for one in interview if you are relocating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees and interview candidates.