UnitedHealth Group

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – The initial contact was by their HR team in Austin, TX. They were very professional and cordial during that stage. They set up a face to face interview for me in Colorado Springs about 2 weeks after the initial contact. I arrived at the address given but found no listing for "UnitiedHealth Group" in the office directory. I finally asked someone outside the building and they laughed as if i was not in on the joke. They told me that this was indeed the address but that UnitedHealth actually partners with another small company for their IT work. No one ever mentioned this to me and it was greatly disappointing to me that I would not be an actual employee of UnitedHealth. The interview went well but the hiring manager seemed a little cold and distant. From what I learned about the company from this interview would probably keep me from applying there again.

Interview Question – Expalin the difference between the Java clauses: "final", "finalize", and "finally"   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – there were two rounds only 1. technical 2. manager (success factor)
in techinical round they covered all the basics of Java, JSP/Servlet, Struts, WebSphere Server. Interview was good and it went upto 1 hr. and manager round was also a bit tecnical, they asked SQL queries and process how you are communicating with clients etc.

Interview Question – I was given interview when having 1+ yrs of exp. only so they asked all the basic question that is expected from a 1+ yrs exp. person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – It happened in 2011, there first round is technical which was pretty simple latter HR. Where HR round became very tough to negotiate

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – total 3 rounds,
round 1 : Technical -Telephonic
round 2 : Manager - FF
round 3 : HR

Interview Question – nothing like unexpected   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – 3 rounds - 1st round is divded into Apti, Analytical and programming ( moderate to difficult level )

2 nd round - GD ( very easy )

3rd - technical - i believe it was a difficult round. will give you some real basic and tough questions

Interview Question – try to swap 2 variables without using a 3rd variable   View Answer

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – 3 rounds
1st - techincal
2nd - manageral
3rd - hr

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – Good and smooth.

Interview Question – For me, it was system architecture design.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I'd no idea of negotiation at that time.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – First round was general screening HR round, followed by one on one technical round and lastly the managerial round was conducted. All rounds were conducted on a single day, however finalization of the offer was done in 1 - 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was good. But then tedious and lengthy. They kept people waiting for the entire day. For a simple interview of about 10 mins. This is ridiculous.

Very basic questions. The interviewer himself doesnt know the answers to questions he is posing.

Beware you'll be promised of a different position in interview and will be thrown into a different role altogether.

Negotiation Details – Pathetic.There is no particular benchmark based on the # of years of experience.
If you bargain then you'll get as much more as possible.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process

1) HR round
2) Technical round
3) managerial round (success factor round)
4) Offer

Interview Questions

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!