UnitedHealth Group Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had 1 technical interview followed by 2 technical interviews at their location. I enjoyed talking to the first 2 engineers but the last was unbelievably awful and was trying to make me fail. He asked me such a difficult problem and purposely gave me some wrong info to see if I would catch it or not, changed the scenario while I was near done solving it, and clearly told me he'll notify the other interviewers that I did so poorly. I spoke to everyone else that interviewed with the company and they only had 1 or 2 technical interviews with simple problems. They were completely shocked at how I was treated by the last person. I'll make sure to never apply to this place ever again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2015.

Interview

This is on campus interview. First talk about resume and then ask behaviour questions. Like why do you choose us, why work in health industry. What the important thing in woking with team. How to handle argue in a team. For example, two people want to be leader and there are just two people in this team. Then let me teach him poker rules. I teach him the easiest one I know. I draw some pictures to teach rules.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

The initial contact was by their HR team in Austin, TX. They were very professional and cordial during that stage. They set up a face to face interview for me in Colorado Springs about 2 weeks after the initial contact. I arrived at the address given but found no listing for "UnitiedHealth Group" in the office directory. I finally asked someone outside the building and they laughed as if i was not in on the joke. They told me that this was indeed the address but that UnitedHealth actually partners with another small company for their IT work. No one ever mentioned this to me and it was greatly disappointing to me that I would not be an actual employee of UnitedHealth. The interview went well but the hiring manager seemed a little cold and distant. From what I learned about the company from this interview would probably keep me from applying there again.

Interview Questions

• Expalin the difference between the Java clauses: "final", "finalize", and "finally"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hyderābād (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

They asked an experienced people to write a written test and handed over a piece of paper with two scenarios. They said it was a scheduled interview but infact it is a walkin

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Hi I am done with the interview process got completed technical and managerial rounds and salary discussion also. But still i didn't get the offer, HR team member told me that offer is on hold.. i don't what happen still now..? but i am still getting the calls from different consultancies..

Interview Questions

• explanation of project, basic fundamentals.. and more question related to project and SQL questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I am posting this Interview Review because the process was horrible. Interview was scheduled by consultancy firm, scheduled time was 10:30 AM. They only had 1 panel for a Saturday interview & candidates count was more than 50. Till 5:00 pm, that panel was only able to take 9 interviews till that time. My number was 22 on that list so I left from there at 5 pm because they could have postponed it or have taken interviews till midnight. Sensible advice is Don't go for an interview, instead go in organizations which treat you good atleast while recruiting :)

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Written - > Technical -> Managerial Round -> HR Couldn't negotiate a good package with HR. Declined the offer. Process was tedious and long. Written was Average to difficult depending on what you worked on in Java. Technical was Easy - Medium.

Interview Questions

Couldn't negotiate a good package with HR. Declined the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hyderābād (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

There's written test before the interview. Written test has questions from Core Java, RDBMS, SQL. Interview was mainly on core java concepts and RDBMS. Questions: Difference between array list, vector. Parse a file. How Maven build system works.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was good... First round was technical which had very good questions..second round was managerial cum technical..more of the decision making related questions were asked...third was HR which happened to be telephonic. which was more of a negotiaton one..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ok..But they didn't give what I was expecting

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

My first round was SQL , asked all sql queries and after satisfying the interviewer he would forward you to the next round i.e technical interview . In technical interview he would ask you three four program outputs