UnitedHealth Group Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had 1 technical interview followed by 2 technical interviews at their location. I enjoyed talking to the first 2 engineers but the last was unbelievably awful and was trying to make me fail. He asked me such a difficult problem and purposely gave me some wrong info to see if I would catch it or not, changed the scenario while I was near done solving it, and clearly told me he'll notify the other interviewers that I did so poorly. I spoke to everyone else that interviewed with the company and they only had 1 or 2 technical interviews with simple problems. They were completely shocked at how I was treated by the last person. I'll make sure to never apply to this place ever again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2015.

Interview

This is on campus interview. First talk about resume and then ask behaviour questions. Like why do you choose us, why work in health industry. What the important thing in woking with team. How to handle argue in a team. For example, two people want to be leader and there are just two people in this team. Then let me teach him poker rules. I teach him the easiest one I know. I draw some pictures to teach rules.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

The initial contact was by their HR team in Austin, TX. They were very professional and cordial during that stage. They set up a face to face interview for me in Colorado Springs about 2 weeks after the initial contact. I arrived at the address given but found no listing for "UnitiedHealth Group" in the office directory. I finally asked someone outside the building and they laughed as if i was not in on the joke. They told me that this was indeed the address but that UnitedHealth actually partners with another small company for their IT work. No one ever mentioned this to me and it was greatly disappointing to me that I would not be an actual employee of UnitedHealth. The interview went well but the hiring manager seemed a little cold and distant. From what I learned about the company from this interview would probably keep me from applying there again.

Interview Questions

• Expalin the difference between the Java clauses: "final", "finalize", and "finally"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hyderābād (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The first round was an aptitude exam. Questions from numerical aptitude and english were asked. Then we had two technical rounds . The first round was mainly on my resume .He asked me about my projects . THe second round he mainly concentrated on ds and html. Then I had a hr round that was very simple.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Warangal (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. The first round was general aptitude round and coding round on paper. there were 4 coding questions. next there were 2 technical interviews and 1 hr round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hyderābād (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process flow was Technical --> Manager --> HR discussion I applied for mainframe position and was referred by an employee. Interview was quite easy,simple straight forward questions in cobol and db2 and jcl. Hardly any scenario based questions. Technical interview lasted for 15-20 mins. Later on was told that I cleared tech round and managerial round followed immediately. He was primarily interested about my role in the current job and was checking whether I was aware about the process that was followed. No technical questions were asked in this round. It lasted for around 30 mins. I was told to leave for the day. A week later I got an email asking for my documents,followed by a call for negotiation on salary.They do negotiate but only up to a certain limit. Choice of location was asked(Gurgaon,Noida and Hyderabad).After 20 days,I received offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hyderābād (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

They asked an experienced people to write a written test and handed over a piece of paper with two scenarios. They said it was a scheduled interview but infact it is a walkin

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Hi I am done with the interview process got completed technical and managerial rounds and salary discussion also. But still i didn't get the offer, HR team member told me that offer is on hold.. i don't what happen still now..? but i am still getting the calls from different consultancies..

Interview Questions

• explanation of project, basic fundamentals.. and more question related to project and SQL questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I am posting this Interview Review because the process was horrible. Interview was scheduled by consultancy firm, scheduled time was 10:30 AM. They only had 1 panel for a Saturday interview & candidates count was more than 50. Till 5:00 pm, that panel was only able to take 9 interviews till that time. My number was 22 on that list so I left from there at 5 pm because they could have postponed it or have taken interviews till midnight. Sensible advice is Don't go for an interview, instead go in organizations which treat you good atleast while recruiting :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Written - > Technical -> Managerial Round -> HR Couldn't negotiate a good package with HR. Declined the offer. Process was tedious and long. Written was Average to difficult depending on what you worked on in Java. Technical was Easy - Medium.

Interview Questions

Couldn't negotiate a good package with HR. Declined the offer.