UnitedHealth Group
2.8 of 5 1,786 reviews
www.unitedhealthgroup.com Minnetonka, MN 5000+ Employees

UnitedHealth Group Summer Intern Within Technology Development Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Within Technology Development Program Interview

Summer Intern Within Technology Development Program
Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was first invited to a 45 minute, on campus interview at UConn. After getting past the first interview, I was promptly contacted 2 days later and invited to the Hartford, CT office for a second round of interviews in 3 weeks. The in-house interviews are an all day process where you begin the day with a presentation about the company and its values, and then given a tour of the office and surrounding areas. Subsequently, you have your first one hour interview, and are then taken to lunch; I was impressed that they took us out to an upscale restaurant in the area. After lunch, you are escorted to your second one hour interview, and end the day with a panel discussion led by current Technology Development Program members. Overall, the in-house interviews test your ability to network and socialize with the employees. During lunch, don't just sit there in silence. Try to strike up a casual conversation with the interviewers; I talked with one interviewer about UConn basketball for about 10 minutes. Just as well, when the floor is opened for questions during a presentation, make sure to ask them something about the company to demonstrate interest. My best advice is to turn the interview into a friendly conversation with 2 way dialogue.

After the in-house interviews, I was told that I would hear back from them in 2 days. Well, 2 days went by and I heard nothing. Today, however, one week after my interview, I received a call from a recruiter in Minnesota telling me I was offered the position.

Interview Question – The interview consists mainly of behavioral questions. Some include: "Tell me about a time when you had difficulty getting along with a team member," "What is your biggest accomplishment on the job?" and "What type of skills does the ideal candidate need for this position?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is an internship position, so there is not really room for negotiation. However, UnitedHealth Group's offer was more generous than other insurance companies in the area.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group Summer Intern Within Technology Development Program interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees and interview candidates.