Unitrends

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Representative - Waste of Time Interview

Inside Sales Representative - Waste of Time
Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Unitrends.

Interview Details – I had three meetings where I met with the sales manager and VP of sales and did not feel like my time was valued at all. The VP of sales was glaring out the window disengaged in our conversation. I was told I would receive an offer after multiple interviews and never heard back from anyone in the company. After around a month one of the managers facebook friended me (how unprofessional). I wouldn't interview and waste my time meeting with them.

Interview Question – Basic sales questions and how to build business through cold calls.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Unitrends.

Interview Details – Interviewing with Unitrends was a very smooth process. I had phone screening with Human Resources and an in person interview with the Sales Director before being offered a position. I received a formal offer letter, took a drug test and was treated well during the whole process.

Interview Question – I wasn't taken to task too much on the technology as they provided training from the ground up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Unitrends.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from recruiter after 2 weeks, had a phone screen with the Director of Engg. 2 weeks after that.

Interview Question – Question about a project I did 3 years ago. I didn't remember a whole lot.   View Answer

Channel Sales Interview

Channel Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Unitrends in April 2012.

Interview Details – Come prepared and realize from Day 1 that you are going to work your butt off. We seek talented people that want to be a part of something not just are lucky to find the next 2 yr gig.

Interview Question – They will ask detailed work experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, i got what they we're pitching and i want to be a part of it.

Evaluation Engineer Interview

Evaluation Engineer
Columbia, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Unitrends in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was called directly form Unitrends and was greeted by the HR Manager. We discussed the position and after which, he set a call up with the Hiring Manager. A few days later I spoke with the Hiring Manager which went well. They had me in for an interview where I spoke to 3 sets of 2 people --- each from different areas of the company. As of yet, I have had no offer but will be interested to see what they have in mind.

Interview Question – How do you deal with 'passionate' people? this question can be interpreted in a variety of ways.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Columbia, SC

Interviewed at Unitrends

Interview Details – A programming test, followed by telephonic interview. The programming test was not very hard. It was about finding duplicates from a file containing thousands of lines of text.

The telephonic interview was a call with a few developers and the managers. They asked questions based on my resume and a few technical questions.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Boston, MA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Unitrends in January 2011.

Interview Details – good progress, lots of questions about my background and sales experience, they really dug in and made this the type of work environment I wanted to be part off
Great HR on-boarding, I even met with CEO

Interview Question – What was your toughest sale   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Burlington, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Unitrends in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on LinkedIN - got response for job immediatley from sales manager - which resulted in a phone interview that was more about selling me the job than me selling myself, which threw up a red flag, then that lead to an in person interview the next day

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It seemed to quick to me, so it looked like a churn and burn sales outfit - so I declined.

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Unitrends in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was typical process. There was a lot of changes going on at the time I interviewed. The company was in the process of revamping and you could feel the excitement in the air. If you plan on interviewing here, be prepared for tough questions.

Interview Question – For me nothing, but for our engineering and support department they have tough questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't an oppty to negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

The process took a day - interviewed at Unitrends in April 2009.

Interview Details – My resume was picked through a career fair. I had a phone interview with them for 30 minutes. General HR question on the phone. Then I was asked to take a skills assessment(programming test) which was very simple, from questions in career cup. after that they asked me for an onsite interview. IN onsite I had a series of interviews, explained project, solved puzzles, programming test,

Interview Questions

Worked for Unitrends? Contribute to the Community!