Unitrends Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.9

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager followed by two in person interviews and a face to face job offer. Total timeline was 2.5 weeks from initial phone interview to final offer. Sometimes candidates will be taken to dinner by their prospective manager or an HR manager. Emphasis is placed on finding skills and experience that translate to success within the position you're interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Why would you rather work for Unitrends rather than one of our competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a conditional raise based on meeting my quotas.

Content Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unitrends (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with very basic questions. The woman was very friendly and easy to talk to. At the end of the phone interview she asked me to come into the office later in the week. At the office I interviewed with four different members of the marketing team. All of the interviews were casual conversations about my work experience, school, why I wanted to work at Unitrends, etc. After my in person interviews I had one follow up phone interview (only because the person was not in the office the day of my in person interviews) and was offered the position about a week later.

Inside Sales Representative - Waste of Time Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Unitrends (Burlington, MA).

Interview

I had three meetings where I met with the sales manager and VP of sales and did not feel like my time was valued at all. The VP of sales was glaring out the window disengaged in our conversation. I was told I would receive an offer after multiple interviews and never heard back from anyone in the company. After around a month one of the managers facebook friended me (how unprofessional). I wouldn't interview and waste my time meeting with them.

Interview Questions

• Basic sales questions and how to build business through cold calls.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Unitrends.

Interview

Interviewing with Unitrends was a very smooth process. I had phone screening with Human Resources and an in person interview with the Sales Director before being offered a position. I received a formal offer letter, took a drug test and was treated well during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't taken to task too much on the technology as they provided training from the ground up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Unitrends.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from recruiter after 2 weeks, had a phone screen with the Director of Engg. 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Question about a project I did 3 years ago. I didn't remember a whole lot.   1 Answer

Evaluation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Unitrends (Columbia, SC) in March 2013.

Interview

I was called directly form Unitrends and was greeted by the HR Manager. We discussed the position and after which, he set a call up with the Hiring Manager. A few days later I spoke with the Hiring Manager which went well. They had me in for an interview where I spoke to 3 sets of 2 people --- each from different areas of the company. As of yet, I have had no offer but will be interested to see what they have in mind.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with 'passionate' people? this question can be interpreted in a variety of ways.   1 Answer

Interview

A programming test, followed by telephonic interview. The programming test was not very hard. It was about finding duplicates from a file containing thousands of lines of text.

The telephonic interview was a call with a few developers and the managers. They asked questions based on my resume and a few technical questions.

Channel Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Unitrends in April 2012.

Interview

Come prepared and realize from Day 1 that you are going to work your butt off. We seek talented people that want to be a part of something not just are lucky to find the next 2 yr gig.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, i got what they we're pitching and i want to be a part of it.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Unitrends (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

good progress, lots of questions about my background and sales experience, they really dug in and made this the type of work environment I wanted to be part off
    Great HR on-boarding, I even met with CEO

Interview Questions

• What was your toughest sale   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Unitrends (Burlington, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIN - got response for job immediatley from sales manager - which resulted in a phone interview that was more about selling me the job than me selling myself, which threw up a red flag, then that lead to an in person interview the next day

Interview Questions

It seemed to quick to me, so it looked like a churn and burn sales outfit - so I declined.