Unitrends Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Inside Sales Representative - Waste of Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Unitrends.

I had three meetings where I met with the sales manager and VP of sales and did not feel like my time was valued at all. The VP of sales was glaring out the window disengaged in our conversation. I was told I would receive an offer after multiple interviews and never heard back from anyone in the company. After around a month one of the managers facebook friended me (how unprofessional). I wouldn't interview and waste my time meeting with them.

Interview Questions
    • Basic sales questions and how to build business through cold calls.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Unitrends.

Interviewing with Unitrends was a very smooth process. I had phone screening with Human Resources and an in person interview with the Sales Director before being offered a position. I received a formal offer letter, took a drug test and was treated well during the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't taken to task too much on the technology as they provided training from the ground up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Unitrends.

Applied online, got a call from recruiter after 2 weeks, had a phone screen with the Director of Engg. 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • Question about a project I did 3 years ago. I didn't remember a whole lot.   View Answer

Channel Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Unitrends in April 2012.

Come prepared and realize from Day 1 that you are going to work your butt off. We seek talented people that want to be a part of something not just are lucky to find the next 2 yr gig.

Interview Questions
    none, i got what they we're pitching and i want to be a part of it.

Evaluation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Unitrends in March 2013.

I was called directly form Unitrends and was greeted by the HR Manager. We discussed the position and after which, he set a call up with the Hiring Manager. A few days later I spoke with the Hiring Manager which went well. They had me in for an interview where I spoke to 3 sets of 2 people --- each from different areas of the company. As of yet, I have had no offer but will be interested to see what they have in mind.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with 'passionate' people? this question can be interpreted in a variety of ways.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

A programming test, followed by telephonic interview. The programming test was not very hard. It was about finding duplicates from a file containing thousands of lines of text.

The telephonic interview was a call with a few developers and the managers. They asked questions based on my resume and a few technical questions.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Unitrends in January 2011.

good progress, lots of questions about my background and sales experience, they really dug in and made this the type of work environment I wanted to be part off
    Great HR on-boarding, I even met with CEO

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Unitrends in June 2010.

Applied on LinkedIN - got response for job immediatley from sales manager - which resulted in a phone interview that was more about selling me the job than me selling myself, which threw up a red flag, then that lead to an in person interview the next day

Interview Questions

It seemed to quick to me, so it looked like a churn and burn sales outfit - so I declined.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Unitrends in February 2010.

It was typical process. There was a lot of changes going on at the time I interviewed. The company was in the process of revamping and you could feel the excitement in the air. If you plan on interviewing here, be prepared for tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • For me nothing, but for our engineering and support department they have tough questions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't an oppty to negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Unitrends in April 2009.

My resume was picked through a career fair. I had a phone interview with them for 30 minutes. General HR question on the phone. Then I was asked to take a skills assessment(programming test) which was very simple, from questions in career cup. after that they asked me for an onsite interview. IN onsite I had a series of interviews, explained project, solved puzzles, programming test,

Interview Questions

Worked for Unitrends? Contribute to the Community!