Unitrin Interview Questions

2.4

Systems Analyst/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Unitrin (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Interview process was very easy. Not a lot of technical question.

Interview Questions

• Can't really think of any.. Like I said, it was very easy..   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me to come over and review the offer, and so I did and accepted it.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unitrin (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I got an e-mail from an HR lady asking if I was interested in the Product Analyst position. I was given an initial skills test. I passed the initial skills test and was given a more complex skills test. I interviewed during a time where they were transitioning HR people, so it was extremely unorganized. They did not get in contact with me, I had to get in touch with them. The new HR lady sent me an e-mail saying that I did not score high on the second skills test and was out of consideration.

Interview Questions

• 1 car is traveling for 1.5 hours at 50 miles per hour. A 2nd car is traveling for 75 minutes at 60 miles per hour. Which car has traveled a longer distance   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Unitrin (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

Manager, complained about being scheduled for early morning interviews. Overall the experience was OK.

Data Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Unitrin (Scranton, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

This company posted online. I applied online. I received a phone call and a phone interview was set up. I had 2 separate phone interviews. Then I had to take a SQL test online. I was told 2 others were inline for the position from within the company. I did not hear from them again so 1 month later I contacted them. I was still in consideration for the job. On June 1, they reposted this position online again like it was a new position. Still haven't been told that they want me or not.

Actuarial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unitrin (Woodland Hills, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I got the interview by cold e-mailing the Senior VP of Actuarial with my resume. He then forwarded my information to HR who contacted me for a phone interview and subsequently scheduled an in-person interview soon after. Though I lived over 300 miles away, Unitrin did not provide any travel expense reimbursement, nor would they offer any relocation assistance with their offer.

The phone interview with HR was pretty standard fair. Leading up the the live interview, my HR contact mentioned that the dress code was business casual. Of course, I still maintained business professional. But upon arriving at the office, I found that "business casual" encompasses t-shirts and shorts. The live interview consisted of a 3 person panel with the Director of Actuarial (he was wearing the t-shirt and shorts), a Senior Actuary, and an Actuarial Analyst. This was actually my first panel interview. But it went pretty well considering it was the Director that did most of the talking between the three in the panel. The panel interview lasted about 2 hours. The 1:1 interview with the Senior VP of Actuarial was much more brief. HR e-mailed me a link to a skills test a couple of days later. The skills test was pretty easy. Anything I didn't know how to do, I googled it.

HR contacted me a little more than 2 weeks later on a Friday with an offer. The offer was much lower than what you'd expect for an entry level actuarial analyst (with 2.5 exams). Also, I was only given the weekend to consider the offer, which felt very rushed. When I asked for more time to make a decision as I had other pending interviews, it was not granted. So of course, given the current economy, I accepted the offer the following Monday. I did not bother to negotiate the offer as I didn't want to risk losing a job offer in this economy. The job offer came with no relocation assistance or signing bonus.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Unitrin (Scranton, PA) in April 2008.

Interview

First the HR Dept conducts a phone interview. Then if you qualify are brought in for a skills test and to meet with the department manger (of which you are applying to). If all goes well here, you are brought back again to interview with some supervisors of that department. If you are selected from there, they run a very thorough background check, and really do contact your past employers. It is best to be honest about everything when interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• The questions they ask are standard for a Customer Service position. Focus on handling of irate customers since that's their focus and what you will have to deal with primarily.   Answer Question

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Unitrin (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by hiring manager and technical expert from another team as current team did not have the correct technical skills. Technical interview was very well performed by a highly capable person. They were able to quickly assess my skills. Manager interview was mostly focused on personal skills and communication.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Insurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Unitrin in December 2009.

Interview

Received email from internal recruiter regarding job opening. Posted for position, received a phone call from an HR manager two weeks later with preliminary interview questions. Spoke for about 40 minutes regarding the position and experience. Was informed there were a number of candidates, but I would receive word in a few weeks either way. Received an email 45 days later that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to our company. What is it about our company that appealed to you.   Answer Question