UnityPoint Health

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.9

Corporate Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnityPoint Health.

Applied online followed by short 15 minute phone screen and then face to face interview a week later. After that I was contacted two weeks later from manager letting me know I had job.

Interview Questions
    I started out in high middle of pay grade, so I didn't need to negotiate at all because of my experience.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnityPoint Health.

Pretty standard interview process. Phone screening interview followed by a second in-person interview. Typical interview questions, though they have been introducing more behavior-based interview questions into the process

Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnityPoint Health.

Was very throughout

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UnityPoint Health in February 2013.

You apply online, and the application gets sent to the manager. I recieved a phone call a few days after applying, and come into the office for an interview soon after. A week later I was offered the job and accepted. Because I was already working at the hospital, I did not have to re-do the drug test. The orientation process was very thorough, and was able to follow a nurse on the floor for a few months. I felt very prepared.

Interview Questions
    at that point I was not comfortable negotiating my salary

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UnityPoint Health in July 2012.

Recruited by headhunter. They did most of work. Had to front interview expenses and get reimbursed. Loose interview- general questions- not behavioral. HR not involved.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnityPoint Health in January 2010.

2 interviews but this was several years ago. One by phone and one in person. Always be prepared for the interview process. It helps to have good references from colleagues who may be within the system already.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss the most difficult patient in your practice and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Computer Programming Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnityPoint Health in November 2008.

Interviewed with a manager from IT during a private job fair the company had at a local hotel. The only information I could get about the available positions was just the job title. There were no job descriptions or job qualifications provided and the IT manager was pushy about me applying for a position based on job title alone. He acted annoyed when I started asking a few questions about job duties and qualifications. I told him I would think about the positions and send a resume in if interested.

Interview Questions
    • Here is a list of jobs. Which one do you want? (No job descriptions were available)   View Answer

Microsoft Support Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnityPoint Health in August 2010.

Only one interview, via phone, about 30 minutes.