Univar Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.4

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Univar (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called by a Univar HR recruiter in Chicago regarding a position in Jacksonville. First interview happened fast, in Jacksonville. It was the Jacksonville site manager and the person I would be replacing, who was being promoted. Standard getting to know you interview, about one hour in length. Second interview was in Atlanta. Univar would not pay for airfare but agreed to reimburse for mileage and hotel. This interview was a panel with two Atlanta site managers and a Customer Service Manager (the manager that was in the first interview was not present). It also went about an hour, then we all went to lunch. Despite the positive vibe, the Jacksonville manager and HR left for long vacations, leaving me waiting for feedback for more than a week. The verdict was they they had an "internal candidate" that would be getting the position. I had been "shopped," driven nearly 800 miles, and wasn't really in the running in the first place. Getting reimbursed for mileage took more than six weeks. I also identified another, identical position in another city and was told "We're not filling that position." Really? Then why is it posted? These people and this company are horrible. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Why did you change jobs? (They made a big deal out of this.)   1 Answer

Supply Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Univar in April 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call by HR and was asked a couple of questions about myself. Here is the odd part, at the end of our conversation this guy told me that he will have to get back to me as he needs to get some more information about the open position. I would expect and advise that you would/should do that prior to an interview. Of course he never called back which leads me to the conclusion that I might have not been what they are looking for, which is okay, but this was just odd, very unprofessional and childish.

Supply Chain Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Univar (Commerce, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First, I sent in a cover letter and a resume through a USC internship program. Then I scheduled an interview at the office in Commerce CA. The interview was only behavioral and lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your long term career goals?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Univar (Morrisville, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After two brief interviews over the phone with the recruiter I was asked to meet the hiring manager. The interview was very pleasant and productive to understand what the company needs and what I can offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very informal and the questions were focused on my experience in managing change, safety, people and auditing.   Answer Question

Supply Planner Interview

Interview

Interview had questions regarding personality traits, situational type, and whether you're a team player. They want someone who's going to be a team player and want to learn and take on the challenge.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

first round interview, phone interview, about 20 minutes. second round interview, on site, with 4 people, total of 75 minutes. resume questions and behavioral question. No technique questions. interviewers are nice and friendly

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Univar (Albany, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Univar contract talent acquisition consultant. I then completed a pre-screen employment questionnaire after which I had an interview. I went to the interview wearing a suit and tie. In contrast, and this was a major red flag in my opinion, one of the two men from Univar looked like a bum (that's right I said it) because he wore nothing more than a ratty looking flannel shirt and bluejeans.

Interview Questions

• There was a question on the pre-screen questionnaire and it was, "Tell me about a strategy you’ve used to sell to a difficult customer."   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Univar.

Interview

Recruiter phone interview. Then I interviewed with someone in sales. THen I interviewed with the business develeopment manager. It is relatively easy if they are not expecting you to have done the exact same thing before. Expressing willingness to learn and how you can do it is key.

Supply Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Univar.

Interview

Interviewed in Bedford Pk, but they seemed nonchalant, not in a hurry to hire. I met with 3 individuals, good people. They all seemed guarded on information they gave out and there was no direct HR involvement.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind this computer system?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Univar.

Interview

Interviewed by phone and face-to-face with the Cleveland branch Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my knowledge on specific industrial products.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Phone conversation with the Sales manager.