Universal Electronics (CA)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had to deal with the outside recruiter for two of three phone interviews both lasting about 1/2 hour each. This was a rather unpleasant experience as the recruiter was at times rude and aggressive with salary negotiation. I had not even had the interview with the hiring manager at this time. It was too premature to start negotiating salary. The third phone interview was with the hiring manager which lasted about a 1/2 hour. This basically involved me talking about my background. The final interview was in person and lasted 2 hours.

I gave a thumbs down on the interview process simply because dealing with the recruiter was a very difficult and painful process. The other part of the interview with the hiring manager was professional and well run.

Interview Question – How much does it cost to manufacture a remote control?   View Answer

Worked for Universal Electronics (CA)? Contribute to the Community!