Universal Electronics (CA)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA).

Interview Details – The interview process took a week.

Reason for Declining – The salary was lower than I expected.

Embedded Engineer Interview

Embedded Engineer
Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA).

Interview Details – Typical interview process. I applied online, got a phone screen with basic rtos and c questions (volatile, process, thread, yada yada), then got invited on site. I was out of town so they flew me in.
The interview consisted of 4 rounds, 3 tech and one behavioral. tech questions were pretty simple. binary search, linked list reverse, resume questions (lot of them).
I was dropped off at the airport post interview. They didn't even ask if I was hungry or anything out of courtesy. It's been a month, and there has been no response from them. I thought I did well, but apparently not. But in any case, you expect atleast a courteous bye bye from them. Seemed unprofessional and not a particularly great place to work. But meh, I have better offers now.

Interview Question – none. all simple.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer

Interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA)

Interview Details – Was contacted by the HR person for phone screening. Was invited for an interview a few days later. Met with the department manager, director and VP all in the same day. It was a fairly standard process. Was told to expect an answer within a week. Was sent a letter notifying that they found another person.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working on weekends?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had to deal with the outside recruiter for two of three phone interviews both lasting about 1/2 hour each. This was a rather unpleasant experience as the recruiter was at times rude and aggressive with salary negotiation. I had not even had the interview with the hiring manager at this time. It was too premature to start negotiating salary. The third phone interview was with the hiring manager which lasted about a 1/2 hour. This basically involved me talking about my background. The final interview was in person and lasted 2 hours.

I gave a thumbs down on the interview process simply because dealing with the recruiter was a very difficult and painful process. The other part of the interview with the hiring manager was professional and well run.

Interview Question – How much does it cost to manufacture a remote control?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) in June 2010.

Interview Details – head hunter, first interview with the direct supervisor, then phone interview with higher supervisor, and last one is in the HQs

Interview Question – how do you describe your self?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no, there were no negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Universal Electronics (CA)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Universal Electronics (CA) interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Universal Electronics (CA) employees and interview candidates.