Universal Electronics (CA) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

Strategic Sourcing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone interview was good in quality & quantity, where I thought the interviewer was objectively assessing my skills. Perhaps a little to picky on the exact engineering background and little to know regard for the suitability of the character they need to pick for their team

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (San Mateo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen by the recruiter, and them moved to the hiring manager of the department. After another phone screen by the hiring manager I was brought in for an in-person interview. The building they occupy is very nice, although their office space is cluttered with equipment from wall to wall. The front door is locked so you have to knock or ring the doorbell. The interview takes place in the conference room or in individual offices of the interviewers. The interview content ranged from a presentation of the project by one person to technical questions (requiring that I write code) to solve a number of different problems.

Interview Questions

• What is thread priority inversion and how can it be avoided?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

The interview process took a week.

The salary was lower than I expected.

Embedded Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Typical interview process. I applied online, got a phone screen with basic rtos and c questions (volatile, process, thread, yada yada), then got invited on site. I was out of town so they flew me in.
    The interview consisted of 4 rounds, 3 tech and one behavioral. tech questions were pretty simple. binary search, linked list reverse, resume questions (lot of them).
    I was dropped off at the airport post interview. They didn't even ask if I was hungry or anything out of courtesy. It's been a month, and there has been no response from them. I thought I did well, but apparently not. But in any case, you expect atleast a courteous bye bye from them. Seemed unprofessional and not a particularly great place to work. But meh, I have better offers now.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the HR person for phone screening. Was invited for an interview a few days later. Met with the department manager, director and VP all in the same day. It was a fairly standard process. Was told to expect an answer within a week. Was sent a letter notifying that they found another person.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had to deal with the outside recruiter for two of three phone interviews both lasting about 1/2 hour each. This was a rather unpleasant experience as the recruiter was at times rude and aggressive with salary negotiation. I had not even had the interview with the hiring manager at this time. It was too premature to start negotiating salary. The third phone interview was with the hiring manager which lasted about a 1/2 hour. This basically involved me talking about my background. The final interview was in person and lasted 2 hours.

I gave a thumbs down on the interview process simply because dealing with the recruiter was a very difficult and painful process. The other part of the interview with the hiring manager was professional and well run.

Interview Questions

• How much does it cost to manufacture a remote control?   1 Answer

Senior Electronic Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) (Bangalore (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

interview process was bit avg i would say, because for the written test you should know Electronics fundamentals Knowledge and Signals and Systems Knowledge.
    Have to understand the signal pattern and need to decode it as per guide lines mentioned in the Question Paper.
    If you clear above Test then will be your Technical oral Interview.

Network Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Excellent to the point interview process. Several phone calls and two visits. Initially done through Interim agency (recruiter). My immediate impression was that the best way to be with the ICT personnel with this company was to be completely honest. This turned out to be the right decision as I later found out working with the team for almost 6 years,

Interview Questions

• Aren't you too experienced for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiating was straightforward. I managed to get a deal that wroked out for me.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Universal Electronics (CA) in June 2010.

Interview

head hunter, first interview with the direct supervisor, then phone interview with higher supervisor, and last one is in the HQs

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no, there were no negotiation