Universal Forest Products

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Universal Forest Products.

Interview Details – Best Job Interview Process I have ever had. They are very intense in the process tho. I had 2 in person interviews and also had to take a intelligence and psychological evaluation.

Interview Question – Questions on why you are best candidate and also backing up psych and intelligence results.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated salary having a college degree this was not difficult

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Forest Products.

Interview Details – I was contacted about working as a sales trainee for Universal but it didn't feel like the right fit for me after discussions about work/life balance based on the salary that was offered. Negotiations in this process are tough and they claim that "the number is the number."

Interview Question – There weren't a lot of outside the box questions, if anything they like to leave a lot of room for ambiguities. Felt like if they weren't willing to discuss the details, they could work against me in the future.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Forest Products in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very stream line.

Interview Question – What would you do if:   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee
Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Universal Forest Products in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had a total of three interviews. I first met with the Sales Manager and then finally with the GMO. The first interview was a one-on-one interview with the Sales Manager which included a personality test and a wunderlick test. My last interview was with the GMO and it was more of a behavioral interview. The whole process was enjoyable and although I was not offered a position, I would definitely recommend UFP as a great company to work for.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you showed great leadership skills?   Answer Question

Worked for Universal Forest Products? Contribute to the Community!