Universal Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2014

1.9

Hospital Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital in July 2014.

I applied online and the whole process took approximately two weeks. I first had a phone interview, followed by my first interview the next week. I then had to take a Watson-Glaser test in order to move forward. I must have done well because I was scheduled for another interview with the Houston area manger the following week.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was more of a discussion rather than the typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    They asked me for my salary expectations and I said a number, which that closely under-matched. With bonuses I should make over my initial request.

Customer Service Tech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Universal Hospital.

Manager called a set the time of the first interview. Then, the manager ask general question in the interview. then, he schedule a second interview with the group. Next they schedule and drug test, and a skill/ personality test. Call back when job has been approved.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Hospital in January 2014.

Professional interview conducted onsite at the UHS facility. Informative. The interviewer was frank about the opening, it's genesis, and the challenges. My questions were answered with completeness.

Biomedical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Universal Hospital.

interview was a 1on1 and filling out the application,but it took the company 3 weeks to do a back ground check and get my driving record

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital.

Phone interview followed by in person interview w hiring mgr followed by phone interview w peer of hiring mgr

Interview Questions
    Ask for higher base salary due to low comp plan

Biomedical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital in October 2013.

Frustrating experience with this company. A regional manager came to our school in April 2013 to tell us about a biomed position opening. Most of the 15 students applied. We all received interviews by this manager but in the end he showed no professionalism by getting back to any of us after many tried to contact this manager and he never returned a call or email. A job opened up again in late October 2013 for a biomed again and I received an interview from a different manager. I told him I had an interview with so and so and he told me that the regional manager was his manager and that there was some shuffling around of staff, bad excuse in my opinion. At the end of the interview with this guy I asked him when to get in touch with him and he said at the end of the October. I called him at the end of October and he said there would be a decision in early part of the following week. That week went by and I never received a call or an email. He could have had the guts to tell me when I called him on the phone that they went in another direction with another candidate. These 2 experiences in one year tell me the type of company that they are, and what type of people work there, one in which I don't care to work for. I will never apply at UHS again.

Interview Questions
    • He didn't ask any stupid non informative questions that HR usually asks.   Answer Question

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brecksville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brecksville, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital in August 2013.

I had a recruiter call me and we talked for almost 2 hours. She was excited to schedule me an interview. Having a degree in healthcare and work in retail sales, is just the icing on the cake. She already gave me the job position and benefits, so that I would have a general idea of how to answer questions to the Cleveland, OH district manager. I had to drive almost 80 miles round trip with toll costs as well, so I was very early. However, better early to show care and concern for the position. I interviewed with the district manager of the Cleveland/Toledo district and the interview went well. He said that he would like to have me as his right hand man. He gave me his card and told me that he would hear from me. Needless to say a week went by and I called his cell and left him a voice mail. He called back and said that he was still interviewing a few people and that he would follow up. I waited 2 more weeks and I called his cell phone and he ignored my call (2 rings and straight to voice mail). Wow that made me mad. So I called the building and said I was a hospital manager who needed to speak to the district manager. The woman transferred me and he greeted me. I said thanks for the follow up and what is going on with the position. He said he already filled the position. I was mad and told him a few choice words. I drove 80 miles and couldn't even get proper follow up. What the heck? Some managers need to work on their professionalism

Interview Questions
    • The questions related to sales and marketing, hospital equipment, healthcare, customer service and operations   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital.

Three interviews consisting of an HR manager, department director and two supervisors in 1,1,2 succession. The interview allowed me to share my background and where I would like to be. Personally, I greatly prefer telling a story as opposed to behavioral based questions. All interviewers were pleasant and comfortable to converse with. Questions were fair and predictable. I had a chance to learn more about both the responsibilities of this position and the hours involved. The hours involved with the position were more than I was interested in.

Interview Questions
    • I had a difficult time explaining my typical day. As an Accountant with diverse responsibilities, it is much easier to explain the structure of a typical month. Basic question, but it caught me off-guard.   Answer Question

Customer Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital.

After the company expressed interest, it was very necessary for me to continue to call about my own interview. Don't be afraid to call and remind them. Many times, the interviewer is not corporately positioned much higher than the job for which you are applying. Feel free to "pester" them for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are simple and easy to answer. Have an answer to what "teamwork" and "customer service" mean to you, and you'll be alright with the rest. Extra tip: If you have a military background, this company will give you leadership credibility whether it is evident or not.   Answer Question
    At entry level, hourly pay, negotiate for an extra dollar per hour. They will grant it.

District Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital.

Very lengthy, felt like I was interviewing for a VP position. Very little feedback and followup.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, it was a take it or leave offer.