Universal Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.5

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Universal Hospital in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was fair, there was a panel of about 8 individuals. Everyone asked 1-2 questions and were very professional and friendly. Interview was approx 1 hour and I heard back within the next week.

Senior Account Strategist - Medical Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Hospital (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with hiring manager. First live interview was requested with < 24 hours notice, due to fact that vice-president was available. At end of live interview, I was told that I would hear from recruiter about next steps within a day or so, but never received another contact until received email message that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about Universal Hospital Services?   1 Answer

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Hospital (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the job online on Indeed and I was very interested in the job description. I applied online and in about two days later I was contacted by the director of staffing by phone. Right then and there I had my 20 minute phone screen, and I was really pleased with the staffing director and how easy it was to talk to her over the phone. Then I was called in for an on site interview with the hiring manager. That went well, then I had a Skype interview with another employee several days later. I continued to hear great feedback from the hiring manager and the staffing director through the process, and this continued to peak my interest in UHS. Then I interviewed with the CHRO, and that interview went well too. About a week after that interview I received an offer from the company. The offer came exactly 3 weeks after my first phone screen with the company, and the offer actually came in higher than the salary that I was previously making. I also received another offer and ended up accepting the other offer, but I am confident that if I was not offered a job from the other company, I would have accepted and enjoyed my work at UHS. The interview process was clear, and I truly believed that I would be working with a great group of people at UHS.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

I had another competing offer.

Biomedical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Hospital (Lanham, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

The worst interview I've ever been to. I was scheduled to meet with the Eastern Regional manager in the lobby of the hotel at 1pm. I arrived the traditional 15 minutes early and I saw a guy talking on the phone in a side room area. I thought he may be the interviewer but did not want to disturb him so I sat down and just waited, This person continued to talk on the phone for about 5 mins past our scheduled time. Eventually he came over and introduced himself and we proceeded to conduct the interview. It was an awkward interview, no real questions, no real format, it just seemed like this guy was just looking at his computer and phone and would just give me blank stares. I proceeded to discuss my employment history and how I could be an asset to the company. After I presented my background and skills, I gave the interviewer some pamphlets of previous devices that I've worked on and explained how they worked and what my responsibilities were. Again no questions or conveyance of interest. I then proceeded to ask questions about the company, position role, etc., to which he could only answer a few and the rest he had to ask 'HR'. The interview ended just as awkward as it started and I left feeling like I wasted my time even attending this 'interview'. And to top it off, he didn't even know where he was...seriously? I was looking around for hidden cameras as I was walking out, I just couldn't believe this was a real interview. Its been a week and haven't heard anything but that doesn't surprise me because the guy probably doesn't even remember being in Maryland. Even if I do hear something, I don't plan on pursuing a career with a company that pays good money to send one of their own to fly out from Minnesota to Maryland and conduct interviews totally unprepared.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked AT ALL.   1 Answer

Fixed Asset Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Universal Hospital.

Interview

Applied through another party. Interview one was with HR rep followed by both controllers individually. About a week later, interview 2 was with the lady I was replacing (she took another job within the company), the other lady in the fixed asstes department, a lady inthe general ledger department, a guy in a special projects role, and one of the controllers again. Another week or so, interview 3 was with the CFO. Maybe another month past before I heard back. I felt the number of people I interviewed with was excessive.

Interview Questions

• CFO asked me to tell him the story of me. Kind of odd, but whatever.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, really. Offer was more than I was making at the time.

Hospital Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Hospital (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the whole process took approximately two weeks. I first had a phone interview, followed by my first interview the next week. I then had to take a Watson-Glaser test in order to move forward. I must have done well because I was scheduled for another interview with the Houston area manger the following week.

Interview Questions

• My interview was more of a discussion rather than the typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me for my salary expectations and I said a number, which that closely under-matched. With bonuses I should make over my initial request.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Hospital.

Interview

Manager called a set the time of the first interview. Then, the manager ask general question in the interview. then, he schedule a second interview with the group. Next they schedule and drug test, and a skill/ personality test. Call back when job has been approved.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Hospital (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Began with a Skype interview with two corporate recruiters, second interview was three 30-minute interviews in person. It was a very enjoyable process, the recruiters I worked with were very friendly, and answered all of the questions I had. They were also very accommodating to my prior commitments when scheduling interviews.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Hospital (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Professional interview conducted onsite at the UHS facility. Informative. The interviewer was frank about the opening, it's genesis, and the challenges. My questions were answered with completeness.

Biomedical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Universal Hospital (Arlington, TX).

Interview

interview was a 1on1 and filling out the application,but it took the company 3 weeks to do a back ground check and get my driving record

Interview Questions

• do you think you can do the job?   1 Answer