Universal Hospital Interview Questions

2.4

Biomedical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Hospital in February 2015.

The worst interview I've ever been to. I was scheduled to meet with the Eastern Regional manager in the lobby of the hotel at 1pm. I arrived the traditional 15 minutes early and I saw a guy talking on the phone in a side room area. I thought he may be the interviewer but did not want to disturb him so I sat down and just waited, This person continued to talk on the phone for about 5 mins past our scheduled time. Eventually he came over and introduced himself and we proceeded to conduct the interview.

It was an awkward interview, no real questions, no real format, it just seemed like this guy was just looking at his computer and phone and would just give me blank stares. I proceeded to discuss my employment history and how I could be an asset to the company. After I presented my background and skills, I gave the interviewer some pamphlets of previous devices that I've worked on and explained how they worked and what my responsibilities were. Again no questions or conveyance of interest.

I then proceeded to ask questions about the company, position role, etc., to which he could only answer a few and the rest he had to ask 'HR'. The interview ended just as awkward as it started and I left feeling like I wasted my time even attending this 'interview'. And to top it off, he didn't even know where he was...seriously? I was looking around for hidden cameras as I was walking out, I just couldn't believe this was a real interview.

Its been a week and haven't heard anything but that doesn't surprise me because the guy probably doesn't even remember being in Maryland. Even if I do hear something, I don't plan on pursuing a career with a company that pays good money to send one of their own to fly out from Minnesota to Maryland and conduct interviews totally unprepared.

Fixed Asset Accountant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Universal Hospital.

Applied through another party. Interview one was with HR rep followed by both controllers individually. About a week later, interview 2 was with the lady I was replacing (she took another job within the company), the other lady in the fixed asstes department, a lady inthe general ledger department, a guy in a special projects role, and one of the controllers again. Another week or so, interview 3 was with the CFO. Maybe another month past before I heard back. I felt the number of people I interviewed with was excessive.

Interview Questions
    • CFO asked me to tell him the story of me. Kind of odd, but whatever.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, really. Offer was more than I was making at the time.

Hospital Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital in July 2014.

I applied online and the whole process took approximately two weeks. I first had a phone interview, followed by my first interview the next week. I then had to take a Watson-Glaser test in order to move forward. I must have done well because I was scheduled for another interview with the Houston area manger the following week.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was more of a discussion rather than the typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    They asked me for my salary expectations and I said a number, which that closely under-matched. With bonuses I should make over my initial request.

Customer Service Tech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Universal Hospital.

Manager called a set the time of the first interview. Then, the manager ask general question in the interview. then, he schedule a second interview with the group. Next they schedule and drug test, and a skill/ personality test. Call back when job has been approved.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital in May 2014.

Began with a Skype interview with two corporate recruiters, second interview was three 30-minute interviews in person. It was a very enjoyable process, the recruiters I worked with were very friendly, and answered all of the questions I had. They were also very accommodating to my prior commitments when scheduling interviews.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Hospital in January 2014.

Professional interview conducted onsite at the UHS facility. Informative. The interviewer was frank about the opening, it's genesis, and the challenges. My questions were answered with completeness.

Biomedical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Universal Hospital.

interview was a 1on1 and filling out the application,but it took the company 3 weeks to do a back ground check and get my driving record

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital.

Phone interview followed by in person interview w hiring mgr followed by phone interview w peer of hiring mgr

Interview Questions
    Ask for higher base salary due to low comp plan

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital in August 2013.

I had a recruiter call me and we talked for almost 2 hours. She was excited to schedule me an interview. Having a degree in healthcare and work in retail sales, is just the icing on the cake. She already gave me the job position and benefits, so that I would have a general idea of how to answer questions to the Cleveland, OH district manager. I had to drive almost 80 miles round trip with toll costs as well, so I was very early. However, better early to show care and concern for the position. I interviewed with the district manager of the Cleveland/Toledo district and the interview went well. He said that he would like to have me as his right hand man. He gave me his card and told me that he would hear from me. Needless to say a week went by and I called his cell and left him a voice mail. He called back and said that he was still interviewing a few people and that he would follow up. I waited 2 more weeks and I called his cell phone and he ignored my call (2 rings and straight to voice mail). Wow that made me mad. So I called the building and said I was a hospital manager who needed to speak to the district manager. The woman transferred me and he greeted me. I said thanks for the follow up and what is going on with the position. He said he already filled the position. I was mad and told him a few choice words. I drove 80 miles and couldn't even get proper follow up. What the heck? Some managers need to work on their professionalism

Interview Questions
    • The questions related to sales and marketing, hospital equipment, healthcare, customer service and operations   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Universal Hospital.

Three interviews consisting of an HR manager, department director and two supervisors in 1,1,2 succession. The interview allowed me to share my background and where I would like to be. Personally, I greatly prefer telling a story as opposed to behavioral based questions. All interviewers were pleasant and comfortable to converse with. Questions were fair and predictable. I had a chance to learn more about both the responsibilities of this position and the hours involved. The hours involved with the position were more than I was interested in.

Interview Questions
    • I had a difficult time explaining my typical day. As an Accountant with diverse responsibilities, it is much easier to explain the structure of a typical month. Basic question, but it caught me off-guard.   Answer Question