Universal Instruments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Software Engineer Coop
Conklin, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Instruments in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview mostly related to previous work experience. Were mostly interested in vision related projects. Candidates selected purely on basis of projects and availability. 4-5 people during phone interview. Called for 2nd interview in their HQ at Conklin, NY. A purely electronics based company. 5 interviewers interviewed for 30 mins each, asking HR questions and more about project work.

Interview Question – A lot of HR questions and most of the 5 interviewers asked the same question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Software Developer is the position they wanted to hire me for but wanted me to develop GUI and write machine level code. Not relevant to what I was looking for.

Manager Interview

Manager
Conklin, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Universal Instruments.

Interview Details – Contacted by a Senior Manager. Arranged for phone interview, followed by an on-site interview with several senior staff. A presentation was demanded, but only the hiring manger attended. The hiring manager was satisfied and then asked for a repeat presentation with more people. A second round table interview was arranged at a later date. I was given a tour of the facility and generally impressed by the appearance and professionalism of the HR staff at the time. Since then 3 VPs of HR have resigned, and, you can't judge a book by its cover.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked. The hiring manager simply wanted to talk about themselves most of the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for term that once I was employed never materialized after 5 years. The lack of compliance to verbal promisses left me bitter, angry and dissatisfied. I eventually left.

Not Sure Interview

Not Sure
Conklin, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Universal Instruments in July 2009.

Interview Details – you go from amanger to manager and then they all get together and decide who can usr=e you and where and if they want you you get called.. but it is usually temp jobs..

Reason for Declining – no stability in company

Technician Interview

Technician

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Universal Instruments.

Interview Details – can't remember all of it was a long time ago and people were much more family oriented than it is now

Interview Question – did I know how to use some of the tools and such   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was not a big deal, as I said it was a long time ago when the economy was alive

Worked for Universal Instruments? Contribute to the Community!