Universal Instruments Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Universal Instruments

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Instruments (Conklin, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview mostly related to previous work experience. Were mostly interested in vision related projects. Candidates selected purely on basis of projects and availability. 4-5 people during phone interview. Called for 2nd interview in their HQ at Conklin, NY. A purely electronics based company. 5 interviewers interviewed for 30 mins each, asking HR questions and more about project work.

Interview Questions

• A lot of HR questions and most of the 5 interviewers asked the same question.   Answer Question

Software Developer is the position they wanted to hire me for but wanted me to develop GUI and write machine level code. Not relevant to what I was looking for.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Universal Instruments (Conklin, NY).

Interview

Contacted by a Senior Manager. Arranged for phone interview, followed by an on-site interview with several senior staff. A presentation was demanded, but only the hiring manger attended. The hiring manager was satisfied and then asked for a repeat presentation with more people. A second round table interview was arranged at a later date. I was given a tour of the facility and generally impressed by the appearance and professionalism of the HR staff at the time. Since then 3 VPs of HR have resigned, and, you can't judge a book by its cover.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. The hiring manager simply wanted to talk about themselves most of the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for term that once I was employed never materialized after 5 years. The lack of compliance to verbal promisses left me bitter, angry and dissatisfied. I eventually left.

Not Sure Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Instruments (Conklin, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

you go from amanger to manager and then they all get together and decide who can usr=e you and where and if they want you you get called.. but it is usually temp jobs..

no stability in company

Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Instruments.

Interview

can't remember all of it was a long time ago and people were much more family oriented than it is now

Interview Questions

• did I know how to use some of the tools and such   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not a big deal, as I said it was a long time ago when the economy was alive