Universal Instruments Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Universal Instruments

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conklin, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Instruments in March 2013.

Phone interview mostly related to previous work experience. Were mostly interested in vision related projects. Candidates selected purely on basis of projects and availability. 4-5 people during phone interview. Called for 2nd interview in their HQ at Conklin, NY. A purely electronics based company. 5 interviewers interviewed for 30 mins each, asking HR questions and more about project work.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of HR questions and most of the 5 interviewers asked the same question.   Answer Question

Software Developer is the position they wanted to hire me for but wanted me to develop GUI and write machine level code. Not relevant to what I was looking for.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conklin, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conklin, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Universal Instruments.

Contacted by a Senior Manager. Arranged for phone interview, followed by an on-site interview with several senior staff. A presentation was demanded, but only the hiring manger attended. The hiring manager was satisfied and then asked for a repeat presentation with more people. A second round table interview was arranged at a later date. I was given a tour of the facility and generally impressed by the appearance and professionalism of the HR staff at the time. Since then 3 VPs of HR have resigned, and, you can't judge a book by its cover.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. The hiring manager simply wanted to talk about themselves most of the time.   Answer Question
    I negotiated for term that once I was employed never materialized after 5 years. The lack of compliance to verbal promisses left me bitter, angry and dissatisfied. I eventually left.

Not Sure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conklin, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Instruments in July 2009.

you go from amanger to manager and then they all get together and decide who can usr=e you and where and if they want you you get called.. but it is usually temp jobs..

no stability in company

Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Instruments.

can't remember all of it was a long time ago and people were much more family oriented than it is now

Interview Questions
    • did I know how to use some of the tools and such   View Answer
    It was not a big deal, as I said it was a long time ago when the economy was alive