Universal Music Group

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at Universal Music Group.

Interview Details – The talent acquisition director emailed me to set up an interview. I originally applied for a senior staff accountant position, but they thought I would be a better fit for a staff accountant position. I met with the senior manager of accounting.

Interview Question – No difficult question. The main focus was on my resume.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Universal Music Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email to set up an interview. Interview was held by two different executives. Didn't ask many hard questions. It was more of a conversation than an interview. It went well. I followed up with an email 3 days after the interview. They said they would have an answer by the next friday and they called on the next friday to say I got the job.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Music Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had had a long reputation in the music industry prior to this job with a company that was bought by Universal Music Group. The hiring and interview process were almost pro forma, even though I was not with the distribution company that Universal bought -- rather I was on the marketing side.

Interview Question – Because of my long experience in marketing and prior to that with retail, including the fact that I already had relationships with some of the key buyers that I would be dealing with as sales representative, I do not remember any challenging, difficult questions. I was fortunate: Universal was eager to hire me at the time!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was fortunate; at the time, a position in sales paid more than a position in marketing, so I was delighted at the initial offer. No further negotiations were necessary.

College and Lifestyle Marketing Representative Interview

College and Lifestyle Marketing Representative
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Music Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was emailed back with an interview time. Phone interview with simple questions such as what are my strengths and weaknesses, questions about my resume, and what I am involved in on campus.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Universal Music Group.

Interview Details – The typical interview. Kind of knew I would get the position. Unfortunately, unpaid and you don't learn much.

Interview Question – Asking questions about things on resume.   Answer Question

Publicity Assistant Interview

Publicity Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Universal Music Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – Emailed VPs directly, they contacted me within a week. i interviewed with them but it took about 2-3 weeks to hear anything back. i had to reach out

Interview Question – What are you most afraid of with this new position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Intern Interview

Intern
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Universal Music Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume via their website, received a call from the HR department a few weeks later, and later set up for an interview.

Interview Question – No really difficult or unexpected questions. Just the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Santa Monica, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Music Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – Application submitted followed by a direct email from VP within two months. 1 to 1 interview immediately afterwards and one week notice of acceptance.

Interview Question – Are you able to get school credit for this internship?   View Answer

Online Net Reach Intern Interview

Online Net Reach Intern
Universal City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Music Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – Met through referral. Easy behavioral question but already had a feeling I got the internship.

Interview Question – Strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Business Analyst Intern
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Universal Music Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewer asked why want to work here? and asked the excel ability, whether can use access. Then the interviewer said the project she is doing right now and directly come to the working schedule. The interviewer is very nice and outgoing. After offering the job, she gave me a little tour of the office.

Interview Questions

Worked for Universal Music Group? Contribute to the Community!