Universal Music Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.5

Accounting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Universal Music Group (Universal City, CA).

Interview

I was able to get this job thru Robert Half agency. I was hired 3 months after I start working for Universal Music Group! I've been in Uni since than and I love the benefits I get here...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Describe your previous work experience?
      What's your weakness and strengths?

Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Music Group.

Interview

I was hired as a former intern, I did an internship in the Marketing Department the year I applied for this job. I was still doing this internship when I applied for this job. I evolved into this position so the hiring and interview processes were mostly through networking and employees referees. People advocated for me and wanted me to work with them so they did their best to push me on the top of the pile in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• When the Label Manager asked if I could be more social and leave my office more to socialize with the colleagues in the label instead of hiding behind my desk.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had the salary I wanted as I was already an intern there and they knew me well.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Music Group in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Had a quick call with HR, mainly going over resume, availability in terms of salary, why music/UMG and salary expectations. I spoke with 2 members of the Corp Dev team shortly after (the group is very small). Questions related to background, specific questions to some of the items on my resume, why music/UMG, and what trends are you noticing in the music industry

Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Universal Music Group (New York, NY).

Interview

3 month process with very poor communication. HR was not involved in the process. Ended the process with no explanation in a typo-filled email after multiple rounds of interviews.

No one could seem to agree on what the role; each interviewer seemed to believe the job was something different. The final interviewer could not answer questions around how the role would contribute to the company or how success would be defined for the role.

Basically, a cluster....

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Music Group.

Interview

The talent acquisition director emailed me to set up an interview. I originally applied for a senior staff accountant position, but they thought I would be a better fit for a staff accountant position. I met with the senior manager of accounting.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question. The main focus was on my resume.   Answer Question

Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Universal Music Group (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very chill and laid back. The questions were conversational. The interviewer asked basic interview questions to get a feel for who you are and if you are the right person for the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Universal Music Group (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Received an email to set up an interview. Interview was held by two different executives. Didn't ask many hard questions. It was more of a conversation than an interview. It went well. I followed up with an email 3 days after the interview. They said they would have an answer by the next friday and they called on the next friday to say I got the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Universal Music Group.

Interview

The typical interview. Kind of knew I would get the position. Unfortunately, unpaid and you don't learn much.

College and Lifestyle Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Music Group (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed back with an interview time. Phone interview with simple questions such as what are my strengths and weaknesses, questions about my resume, and what I am involved in on campus.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Music Group (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewer asked why want to work here? and asked the excel ability, whether can use access. Then the interviewer said the project she is doing right now and directly come to the working schedule. The interviewer is very nice and outgoing. After offering the job, she gave me a little tour of the office.