Universal Protection Service

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

1.8

Business Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Universal Protection Service.

Initial phone screen. 2nd interview with hiring manager. 3rd interview with local and regional leadership. Made me feel very comfortable about realistic expectations. Came across as extremely knowledgeable about the security industry and the potential for future success.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in May 2011.

Processing at this job was quick and easy. Soon as your interview was over, if your a fit for job posted and needed you were hired. Training was available of week class certification and on site job training.

Interview Questions
    • willing to work over or call-in on days off/ how long will you working here!   Answer Question
    no, posted contracts are already set pay at all site, either take it or leave it! You may have to work you way to good standard pay raise.

Security Guard Interview

all supervisors are retired cops and that's how they make you feel like your in the nypd. they argue with you about taking off, even if its an emergency. you don't always get treat with respect but they all want you to give the respect

Security Guard Interview

online application, interview, background check, follow up interview,drug testing, paperwork and application verification, assignment. the overall process was relatively painless but waiting after the online application can be nerve racking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in October 2012.

The interviewing process was showing up at the San Jose branch and meeting the managers. They asked your standard questions and asked what kind of security I liked. I took a standard security test and was asked to submit a incident report. Then I was given a drug test on the spot followed by be fitted for uniforms.

Interview Questions
    • It was a smooth interviewing process considering I was carried over from a previous company, because the client changed security companies, and chose me and a few other officers to carry over and take the new positions available.   Answer Question

Assistant Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in January 2010.

You need to have a guard card (sometimes they will help you to apply one). Just fill out an online application form and complete the online test. If you pass it, they will call you for an interview. Make sure to tell them you are available to work any shift but you don't really have to after you are hired (Just a trick).

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you will be a good security officer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in September 2011.

The hiring process was pretty simple, I came from another company that lost the contract for the site that I was working on so I just changed my information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in October 2013.

Extremely easy but glorified. They ask you to fill out a mock incident report on your trip to the interview, easily done since I have a strong and intense sense for detail and recollection. Next I was asked to fill out the typical employment forms and went through an interview lasting about fifteen minutes. The interviewer was surprised when I asked questions of my own relevant to the job. I was then offered a temp job from one site to another, that's the only thing available she said. I was off for over two months then offered a home that lasted another two months. I'm still waiting....

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in September 2013.

The Initial interview was surprisingly intense for the position. It required a detailed Incident Report scenario which involved your arrival experience and its surroundings. In total the process took about 90 minutes for the initial interview, the follow-up interview was eve more intense taking up 3 hours. the work office was relaxing and enjoyable, with a strong sense in security and procedures.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much a question but a process. The unexpected requirement of filling out a mock incident report was illuminatingly enjoyable since I have a strong sense for detail and recollection.   View Answer
    No negotiations available, a flat-rate, cookie cutter process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in October 2013.

I had one interview, that was wonderful. All the initial people I met and spoke with on the phone leading from scheduling my interview to my first training day was fantastic. Attitudes and personal interaction was a great experience. I had a one on one, 1 hour interview with a very exemplary and professional gentleman that was also friendly. I had a one day presentation with videos and test pamphlets, and again the staff was great. My first day of training was smooth and conducted with another male individual that was great to work with.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or surprises, within this process   Answer Question
    unintimidating and easy

Worked for Universal Protection Service? Contribute to the Community!