Universal Protection Service Security Officer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

1.7

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service.

Interview

Show up, apply AGAIN, go to back to see manager and get gassed about who the company is, but never talk about what you do unless you ask questions. The interview is informal and moves very fast, no way to actually weigh options for hiring. They will corner you into signing the contract on the first day.

Interview Questions

• Experience, past jobs, future plans.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Universal Protection Service

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Kennewick, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was in depth. The site that they were interviewing for had a lot of security exposure, and customer service was an important part of the interview. A professional interview and I've had enough to know the difference.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you would be good at this job? And that was the main thing as the job that I interviewed for has extensive public contact.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service.

Interview

Basically went into the LA office which is in Hawthorne, CA and signed in with the receptionist. She then handed me an application which was 3 pages long then the manager comes out and brings you into the back and basically hires you right there and then 5 minutes later comes back with a bunch of paperwork for you to sign. Then you start orientation (unpaid) 5 minutes after the paperwork and then you get your uniforms and schedule all in the same day. They dont drug test either haha so in conclusion you basically have the job as soon as you walk into the office and you start the next day too.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service.

Interview

You get called back to an office, they ask about work experience, as long as you have customer service skills youll be good. They ask about the hours you can work and thats it. Super easy. Mine was a group interview with three of us at once. They as what area youre in and give you something close to home.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience dealing with the public do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Fast & easy. They hire everyone. Long as u have a full open availability, pass drug test & background. They mouth swab 1st day of orientation for drug test. Ok pay.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very different and no real interaction with the person. It was very non like a interview. The managers just need people and warm bodies. The company is not a great place to work everyone is out for themselves and not the employers. They do not care about there employers and or their officers.

Interview Questions

• There was hardly any questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Columbia, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

Was none, word of mouth referral. Went in to meet operations manager and chatted about life events related to employment. Was given the job and called a few days later stating that the post was no longer available. Found out that there were other post, but had assigned me to a specific post and waited to hire me weeks later when the specific post became available again.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

This was a panel interview but with me and 3 other candidates.Because we all had to answer each question one by one,this made me step my game. It taught how to be more professional and i appreciate it.We all shook each other hands after the interview.Jessica Moore was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would describe customer service?,Recall a time you went above or beyond helping a client.Tell me about your experience in security and why you like it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Texarkana, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Made sure I didnt have any felonies and a clean DL. Hires a breathing body. Keep in mind at the time of interview, the company charges the client, 11.64/hr for Officers 13.50 for supervisors, but only pays out 8-9 hr. The turnover is also 95% for FY2014, so look to your right, and there goes your co worker.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The client has no people skills, looks to be a great place to work, until you make a minor mistake, like missing a sagging pants, then they will pick at you until you want to leave.. NOT RECOMMENDED, I personally would rather be broke.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Santa Rosa, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Fill out tax forms, insurance forms, do test on a computer, wait to get called in to do the interview, might even get asked to work same-day, I did and I didn't have any experience it was my first time applying for security job