Universal Protection Service Security Officer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

1.6

Security Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Protection Service.

You get called back to an office, they ask about work experience, as long as you have customer service skills youll be good. They ask about the hours you can work and thats it. Super easy. Mine was a group interview with three of us at once. They as what area youre in and give you something close to home.

Interview Questions
  • How many years of experience dealing with the public do you have?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Universal Protection Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Universal Protection Service in February 2015.

Fast & easy. They hire everyone. Long as u have a full open availability, pass drug test & background. They mouth swab 1st day of orientation for drug test. Ok pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Protection Service in June 2014.

This was a panel interview but with me and 3 other candidates.Because we all had to answer each question one by one,this made me step my game. It taught how to be more professional and i appreciate it.We all shook each other hands after the interview.Jessica Moore was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • How would describe customer service?,Recall a time you went above or beyond helping a client.Tell me about your experience in security and why you like it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Fill out tax forms, insurance forms, do test on a computer, wait to get called in to do the interview, might even get asked to work same-day, I did and I didn't have any experience it was my first time applying for security job

Security Officer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Protection Service.

Simple interviews more of a "get to know you" , they go over some things of whats expected of you and how things play out, they hire within the company so keep an eye on posts for other / better positions after 6 months - 1 year of working for a company.

Because this company bought out the former company I was working for everything was grandfathered in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Universal Protection Service in October 2013.

Extremely easy but glorified. They ask you to fill out a mock incident report on your trip to the interview, easily done since I have a strong and intense sense for detail and recollection. Next I was asked to fill out the typical employment forms and went through an interview lasting about fifteen minutes. The interviewer was surprised when I asked questions of my own relevant to the job. I was then offered a temp job from one site to another, that's the only thing available she said. I was off for over two months then offered a home that lasted another two months. I'm still waiting....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Universal Protection Service in September 2013.

The Initial interview was surprisingly intense for the position. It required a detailed Incident Report scenario which involved your arrival experience and its surroundings. In total the process took about 90 minutes for the initial interview, the follow-up interview was eve more intense taking up 3 hours. the work office was relaxing and enjoyable, with a strong sense in security and procedures.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much a question but a process. The unexpected requirement of filling out a mock incident report was illuminatingly enjoyable since I have a strong sense for detail and recollection.   View Answer
    No negotiations available, a flat-rate, cookie cutter process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

interviewed at Universal Protection Service in June 2013.

The interview was 5 minutes, all the important stuff was covered though. It was like I had the job before i went in.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions during the interview   Answer Question
    No negotiation, 9 dollars with 50 cents for the uniform

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Universal Protection Service in October 2012.

The interviewing process was showing up at the San Jose branch and meeting the managers. They asked your standard questions and asked what kind of security I liked. I took a standard security test and was asked to submit a incident report. Then I was given a drug test on the spot followed by be fitted for uniforms.

Interview Questions
    • It was a smooth interviewing process considering I was carried over from a previous company, because the client changed security companies, and chose me and a few other officers to carry over and take the new positions available.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Protection Service in September 2011.

The hiring process was pretty simple, I came from another company that lost the contract for the site that I was working on so I just changed my information.