Universal Protection Service
www.universalpro.com Santa Ana, CA

Universal Protection Service Security Professional Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Dec 8, 2013

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Professional

I applied online and interviewed at Universal Protection Service.

Interview Details – I passed my guard card examination, afterI interviewed for a position and was hired when I received my guard card in the mail.

Negotiation Details – Tell them specifically what region and what days you want to work.

Tucker, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in October 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview at first with seven other people. Two interviewers in the office setting. Received a call back the next day requesting to come in for training the next week. The next step was filling out Human Resources documents and received training, assignment and uniforms.

Interview Question – None, excellent training and group discussions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very open discussion about salary, hourly rate.

Stockton, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in August 2013.

Interview Details – The Security Director was impressed that when I arrived to the interview I was dressed in business professional attire, I was smiling and had all my documents ready for him, such as my resume and cover letter, he liked that I was prepared.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I given the highest salary the Director could offer because of my law enforcement background and my degree in criminal justice.

Santa Ana, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in July 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out a application. Then came a set number of questions that needed to be answered. Like true false, agree, disagree and so on. After filling out the application you would be called in for a interview. If you were hired. You would then be notified about an orientation. You would be told how to dress and what to bring and fill out all necessary paperwork.

Interview Question – None really. All standard questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in November 2010.

Interview Details – it was real quick isamed like i had the job before i walked in

Interview Question – what experence do you have   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Universal Protection Service in December 2009.

Interview Details – The company I worked for was acquired by UPS. We were all kept in the dark about the process and told to come in for a mandatory meeting at a local hotel. Once the meeting started, we were basically told that we were all fired and if we wanted a job, UPS was willing to hire us to work at our current site at our same rate. Over the course of about a year, they proceeded to fire off most of the people that they had hired on that day. Its pretty obvious that they never intended to keep us because we were paid more than what they paid their employees, they just wanted the accounts.

Interview Question – You're fired, would you like a job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiotation. Straight up: "your fired. take this job, or walk away. your choice." type stuff.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Universal Protection Service

Worked for Universal Protection Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Universal Protection Service Security Professional interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Universal Protection Service employees and interview candidates.