Universal Protection Service

Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Security Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Universal Protection Service in July 2014.

The hiring process takes what seems like forever and a day. The two women that work at the front desk are unprofessional, and very unorganized. They lose, your paperwork, account info, and do not relay messages in a timely manner. The account manager, before offering me a position had the audacity, to say my name 4 times, then say are you from here... Here?, he was very condescending. He gave the position to a unqualified, white woman with a common name... Who was fired within a month.

Interview Questions
  • The timeframe, is most difficult. If you need a job now, this isn't the place to look   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Universal Protection Service

Security Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Protection Service.

I passed my guard card examination, afterI interviewed for a position and was hired when I received my guard card in the mail.

Tell them specifically what region and what days you want to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Protection Service in October 2013.

Group interview at first with seven other people. Two interviewers in the office setting. Received a call back the next day requesting to come in for training the next week. The next step was filling out Human Resources documents and received training, assignment and uniforms.

Interview Questions
    Very open discussion about salary, hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Protection Service in August 2013.

The Security Director was impressed that when I arrived to the interview I was dressed in business professional attire, I was smiling and had all my documents ready for him, such as my resume and cover letter, he liked that I was prepared.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I given the highest salary the Director could offer because of my law enforcement background and my degree in criminal justice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Protection Service in July 2013.

Filled out a application. Then came a set number of questions that needed to be answered. Like true false, agree, disagree and so on. After filling out the application you would be called in for a interview. If you were hired. You would then be notified about an orientation. You would be told how to dress and what to bring and fill out all necessary paperwork.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Protection Service in November 2010.

it was real quick isamed like i had the job before i walked in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Protection Service in December 2009.

The company I worked for was acquired by UPS. We were all kept in the dark about the process and told to come in for a mandatory meeting at a local hotel. Once the meeting started, we were basically told that we were all fired and if we wanted a job, UPS was willing to hire us to work at our current site at our same rate. Over the course of about a year, they proceeded to fire off most of the people that they had hired on that day. Its pretty obvious that they never intended to keep us because we were paid more than what they paid their employees, they just wanted the accounts.

Interview Questions
    No negotiotation. Straight up: "your fired. take this job, or walk away. your choice." type stuff.