Universal Service Administrative Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Universal Service Administrative Company

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company.

I interviewed with the VP and the COO, and a very short time with a couple members of the staff. I had to do all the follow-up with HR. On first day, the HR person forgot to set up several of the trainings (indicative still of HR except for some recent hires who are pretty good). The interview processes are better now but the hiring process is still a bit of a disaster.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a higher salary, but paid for it in lower raises every year after that.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company in June 2013.

I had three interviews including the phone interview. I think the 2nd round of interviews could have been done on the same day with the 1st round. The hiring and the onboard process was smooth. Offer letter was received within the week after the 2nd round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    I received the amount that I requested.

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company in August 2013.

I first has an phone interview with my future manager. Then I came in to meet two managers from my team. A second group interview was held with 2 other department members.

Interview Questions
    • A questions was asked in how I deal with difficult clients   View Answer
    I wasn't really able to negotiate. I was told that I asked for an amount that close to the maximum budget for that position.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company in January 2012.

Interview process was easy.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The questions were directly related to my experience, so they could learn if I could do what I said I could do.   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate a salary.

Program Analyst - DC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company in March 2014.

I applied and within a few days I received an email requesting phone interview. I was excited because of the fast turn around on my application. Only indication was they were impressed with my resume. Phone interview came and it didn't start as expected. As soon as I answered the phone, the hiring manager I spoke with told me I had a certain amount of time for the interview. Shocked! She goes on to tell me whenever I'm ready I can begin. This even confused me more. As I now understand, I was to give a speech as to why I'd be a good candidate. Yes, that was to be the "phone interview". I gave my speech, finished and phone went silent for 30sec. I thought we got disconnected, only for me to say "hello" 3 times thats when the individual responded.
    She then proceeded to tell me if I have any questions for her. Still puzzled and confused at the direction the phone interview was taking, I asked her several questions I had written down. Shockingly enough, she told me I should refer to the job description. I was then told I have 10 mins to ask any other questions but I chose to end the interview. I thanked her for considering me. It was one of the strangest phone interview I've ever had.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company in August 2013.

Applied through company website. I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Spoke to the department manager for about 45 minutes who asked basic interview questions. All the questions were pretty straight forward. I heard nothing back for 2 weeks, until the third time I emailed the HR person that I was no longer being considered as a candidate.

Program Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company.

Applied to the company from the opening on its website. Was contacted to setup a phone interview, dialed into a 1-800 conference call number, and waiting a few minutes for the interviewer to dial in, which was about 10 minutes after the time the interview was scheduled to start.

The interview went over my background, reasons I'm looking to work there and general questions about what motivates me.

I inquired as to the next steps and was told in about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks the manager would be setting up interviews.

It took nearly three months to learn that I was no longer being considered. At various stages from the phone interview until the rejection e-mail I followed up and was told that they would soon be ready to move forward, only to ultimately get rejected without ever being brought in for an in-person interview.

The only conclusion I can draw is that they have a really convoluted HR process. I suspect that my repeated contacting of them played a part in their decision to no longer pursue my candidacy.

I would say that things happen for a reason and this company is probably not a good place to work.

Interview Questions

Worked for Universal Service Administrative Company? Contribute to the Community!