Universal Service Administrative Company

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the VP and the COO, and a very short time with a couple members of the staff. I had to do all the follow-up with HR. On first day, the HR person forgot to set up several of the trainings (indicative still of HR except for some recent hires who are pretty good). The interview processes are better now but the hiring process is still a bit of a disaster.

Interview Question – None. The VP and COO did most of the talking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher salary, but paid for it in lower raises every year after that.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had three interviews including the phone interview. I think the 2nd round of interviews could have been done on the same day with the 1st round. The hiring and the onboard process was smooth. Offer letter was received within the week after the 2nd round of interviews.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received the amount that I requested.

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Assistant Program Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company in August 2013.

Interview Details – I first has an phone interview with my future manager. Then I came in to meet two managers from my team. A second group interview was held with 2 other department members.

Interview Question – A questions was asked in how I deal with difficult clients   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't really able to negotiate. I was told that I asked for an amount that close to the maximum budget for that position.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was easy.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The questions were directly related to my experience, so they could learn if I could do what I said I could do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate a salary.

Program Analyst - DC Interview

Program Analyst - DC
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied and within a few days I received an email requesting phone interview. I was excited because of the fast turn around on my application. Only indication was they were impressed with my resume. Phone interview came and it didn't start as expected. As soon as I answered the phone, the hiring manager I spoke with told me I had a certain amount of time for the interview. Shocked! She goes on to tell me whenever I'm ready I can begin. This even confused me more. As I now understand, I was to give a speech as to why I'd be a good candidate. Yes, that was to be the "phone interview". I gave my speech, finished and phone went silent for 30sec. I thought we got disconnected, only for me to say "hello" 3 times thats when the individual responded.
She then proceeded to tell me if I have any questions for her. Still puzzled and confused at the direction the phone interview was taking, I asked her several questions I had written down. Shockingly enough, she told me I should refer to the job description. I was then told I have 10 mins to ask any other questions but I chose to end the interview. I thanked her for considering me. It was one of the strangest phone interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – There was no questions for me.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through company website. I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Spoke to the department manager for about 45 minutes who asked basic interview questions. All the questions were pretty straight forward. I heard nothing back for 2 weeks, until the third time I emailed the HR person that I was no longer being considered as a candidate.

Interview Question – all straight forward   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company.

Interview Details – Applied to the company from the opening on its website. Was contacted to setup a phone interview, dialed into a 1-800 conference call number, and waiting a few minutes for the interviewer to dial in, which was about 10 minutes after the time the interview was scheduled to start.

The interview went over my background, reasons I'm looking to work there and general questions about what motivates me.

I inquired as to the next steps and was told in about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks the manager would be setting up interviews.

It took nearly three months to learn that I was no longer being considered. At various stages from the phone interview until the rejection e-mail I followed up and was told that they would soon be ready to move forward, only to ultimately get rejected without ever being brought in for an in-person interview.

The only conclusion I can draw is that they have a really convoluted HR process. I suspect that my repeated contacting of them played a part in their decision to no longer pursue my candidacy.

I would say that things happen for a reason and this company is probably not a good place to work.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly uncommon.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Universal Service Administrative Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Universal Service Administrative Company interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Universal Service Administrative Company employees and interview candidates.