Universal Studios Attractions Attendant Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through their online system, within 24 hours I received an email to set up an interview time. I made mine for 8:30 AM, and was interviewed inside a cubicle. There was an entire waiting room full of new hires/interviewees, and they were all very nice and friendly. The interview was very common, the usual questions that you'd expect from a behavioral interview. Give concise, intelligent answers and you'll do great! After the interview, they will discuss possible areas that you can work in. I was offered Merchandising and Ticket Sales roles as well, but I chose Attractions as I wanted to do something different. Pay was $9/hour, which isn't great but is better than minimum wage. The entire process took around 3 hours, and was very orderly and positive. They were very honest and upfront and encouraged me to ask questions and learn more about the position. I'm excited to start next week! Also, orientation is paid! They didn't tell me this until an HR rep was going through paperwork with me. Super nice perk.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake on the job, and how did you correct it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Universal Studios

Attractions Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

Applied online, completed questionnaire screening (personality stuff), was asked to interview in person. At the interview, I sat down with an HR representative and was asked very basic situational questions. I was offered the job on the spot, and then we discussed where specifically I'd like to work. From there, I went on to filling out paperwork, making my ID, etc. so it's important to have all of the stuff you might need for that (birth certificate, drivers license) there with you!

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone trying to climb over a gate, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Attractions Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and less than two days later, got a call to come back for an interview that same Friday. Follow the directions given to you on how to get to Human Resources and you'll be good. Arrive 30 minutes before my appointment time (1:30) and waited in the lobby with a lot of other people, but yay, we got to watch Despicable Me! Got called in for my first interview at 1:45 and it was basic questions about my application and asked about my current job. I wasn't expected to be told I would be going through a 2nd interview in a matter of minutes! 20 minutes later, I was being interviewed by an attractions manager. He was REALLY nice and easy to talk to and asked more job related questions and showed interest in me. He asked questions to get an idea of where I would be comfortable working (indoors, outdoors, busy ride, less crowded ride ect). I was hired on the spot and then waited for 3 hours doing the whole hiring process with paperwork. Everyone was EXTREMELY nice and showed genuine care for all applicants! I went in really nervous and got comfortable quickly.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry guest?   1 Answer
    • Has there been a time where your job applied a new policy you weren't happy with?   Answer Question
    • What are your 5 favorite Universal rides?   Answer Question
    • Are you capable of working with a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was pretty swift infact the first day of my interview i was hired on the spot all i had to do really in come back for orientation and that process was kind of long. But in the interview you speak to one of th HR team and they have a personal sitdown with you and go over the job details for which you applied and assess your capabilities and potential for the job. then from there they refer you to someone in that job department who lets you know of available positions after a second interview with some character questions.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

So the first thing is to apply online, even if you go into the human resources office to apply in person they send you to a computer. You get an email asking you to setup an appointment. Come like 15 minutes early but expect to be there for at least 2-4 hours. Your appointment time is just the beginning f the timed block. You don't want to be the last 2:00 for example. The interviewers are nice but some are more stuffy then others. They like a person who shakes their hand and is dressed professionally. Make sure to know you're social security number.

Interview Questions

• How did you help a person on your team succeed even though they were not as skilled?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Afer you apply online, the system will allow you to schedule an interview at a certain time and date within the next 1-2 weeks. Whatever date you select, make sure to be there and HEED MY WORD AND WARNING...BE THERE 30 MINZ EARLY, unless you don't really care if you get hired or not. Go to Walmart/Ross/Beals/Outlet store etc. and buy a business syle outfit (long black pants & long sleeve button up shirt) Dont go inside the human resources building without having a business style uniform OR YOU YOU WILL STAND OUT... of course not in a good way. Anyways when you get called back to your interview, smile and at least say," Hello how are you?" or something of the sort. Be confident, and sell yourself, but dont TRY TOO HARD. The will ask questions like... -Why do you want to work at universal? -What do you know about it? -Describe a time when you were in a situation where something did not turn out like you expected it to be... what did you do to fix it/cope with the situation ... (make up something... I did...and I still got hired) ;-) Remember these people dont give a dang if you're tell in the truth... (as a matter of fact they already know that over half of applicants lie during interviews, all the time in all different types of work settings) ... instead they just want to see that you can think of something intellegent to say, within a timely manner, while at least, yourself, believeing in your own lie! lol But yea, if you're a a guy, get a haircut first, PLEASE... Try to look cute... I follow that in my daily rountine.... Come in, look good, sell yourself, and have the confidence like YOU KNOW that you're getting the job. Interview and hired :6/6/12.... Cant wait till orientation on 6/20/12! I'll be operating one of the newer more famous roller coasters.... but im not telling which one lol...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

$7.75/hr +

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got called to interview at the HR department, waited about 20 minutes, got to talk to someone in a room full of different people being interviewed at other desks, got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty generic, no experience was really required.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After being hired on the spot, I was told what attractions were available, and chose which one I wanted to go work at. The pay was told to me up front.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online with an employee referral and was contacted within 24 hours for an interview which was scheduled for 2 days later...the whole interview process is very systematic and not terribly personal, but effective nonetheless. after sitting in a waiting room with a whole bunch of other applicants for about half an hour I was introduced to my interviewer who informed me that the position i had initially applied for wouldn't work but referred me to a manager at a citywalk venue for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online, received email to schedule interview same day, went through interview only to be told they weren't hiring for the part time slot they advertised online and they couldn't work with my availability so I wasted my time