Universal Studios

Updated Apr 21, 2014

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios in April 2011.

Applied online, got called to interview at the HR department, waited about 20 minutes, got to talk to someone in a room full of different people being interviewed at other desks, got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were pretty generic, no experience was really required.   Answer Question
After being hired on the spot, I was told what attractions were available, and chose which one I wanted to go work at. The pay was told to me up front.

Other Interview Reviews for Universal Studios

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Studios.

The interview process was pretty swift infact the first day of my interview i was hired on the spot all i had to do really in come back for orientation and that process was kind of long. But in the interview you speak to one of th HR team and they have a personal sitdown with you and go over the job details for which you applied and assess your capabilities and potential for the job. then from there they refer you to someone in that job department who lets you know of available positions after a second interview with some character questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Universal Studios.

So the first thing is to apply online, even if you go into the human resources office to apply in person they send you to a computer. You get an email asking you to setup an appointment. Come like 15 minutes early but expect to be there for at least 2-4 hours. Your appointment time is just the beginning f the timed block. You don't want to be the last 2:00 for example. The interviewers are nice but some are more stuffy then others. They like a person who shakes their hand and is dressed professionally. Make sure to know you're social security number.

Interview Questions
    • How did you help a person on your team succeed even though they were not as skilled?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Universal Studios in June 2012.

Afer you apply online, the system will allow you to schedule an interview at a certain time and date within the next 1-2 weeks. Whatever date you select, make sure to be there and HEED MY WORD AND WARNING...BE THERE 30 MINZ EARLY, unless you don't really care if you get hired or not. Go to Walmart/Ross/Beals/Outlet store etc. and buy a business syle outfit (long black pants & long sleeve button up shirt) Dont go inside the human resources building without having a business style uniform OR YOU YOU WILL STAND OUT... of course not in a good way. Anyways when you get called back to your interview, smile and at least say," Hello how are you?" or something of the sort. Be confident, and sell yourself, but dont TRY TOO HARD. The will ask questions like...
    -Why do you want to work at universal?
    -What do you know about it?
    -Describe a time when you were in a situation where something did not turn out like you expected it to be... what did you do to fix it/cope with the situation
    ... (make up something... I did...and I still got hired) ;-)
    Remember these people dont give a dang if you're tell in the truth... (as a matter of fact they already know that over half of applicants lie during interviews, all the time in all different types of work settings) ... instead they just want to see that you can think of something intellegent to say, within a timely manner, while at least, yourself, believeing in your own lie! lol But yea, if you're a a guy, get a haircut first, PLEASE... Try to look cute... I follow that in my daily rountine.... Come in, look good, sell yourself, and have the confidence like YOU KNOW that you're getting the job. Interview and hired :6/6/12.... Cant wait till orientation on 6/20/12! I'll be operating one of the newer more famous roller coasters.... but im not telling which one lol...

$7.75/hr +

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Universal Studios in April 2011.

Applied online with an employee referral and was contacted within 24 hours for an interview which was scheduled for 2 days later...the whole interview process is very systematic and not terribly personal, but effective nonetheless. after sitting in a waiting room with a whole bunch of other applicants for about half an hour I was introduced to my interviewer who informed me that the position i had initially applied for wouldn't work but referred me to a manager at a citywalk venue for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Universal Studios in May 2010.

Applied online, received email to schedule interview same day, went through interview only to be told they weren't hiring for the part time slot they advertised online and they couldn't work with my availability so I wasted my time

Interview Questions

Worked for Universal Studios? Contribute to the Community!