Universal Studios Hollywood Food Stand Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.3

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

first the one on one interview, ask you things like whats your weaknesses and strengths, whats your favorite movie and why?

Since it handles with cash, they'll make you take a math test

second part is a group activity, where you as a group can make your own theme park and match up the legos.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Universal Studios Hollywood

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

I applied on February 4th online and was called the next day did a phone interview to come in on Friday the 6th. There was a PowerPoint presentation and had to do a math test. Was very easy, then they do the one on one. They told me that I passed to the group round and would call me in a week, but I'm still waiting

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Hollywood, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

was told to come for an interview, when i arrived to USH staffing building i was asked to fill out some paperwork and take a ten question basic math test, only to be told to wait one more week to be given a date to come back again for a group "audition" group audition consisted of drawing a theme park and presenting it to 18 other candidates in one small room (while speaking individually into a MICROPHONE) while supervisors from other departments watched. i worked at universal studios 9 years ago and held a much more difficult position than a food stand attendant i passed the interview with flying colors and was hired on the spot (all in one day). I'm comfortable working in groups and love interacting with people, although i cant bring myself to be comfortable speaking to a large group of people- MUCH LESS INTO A MICROPHONE. so i'm assuming that's why i wasn't hired and other less qualified people with no experience were offered a position. the whole interview process was a waste of time and hiring was based on a project that was completely irrelevant. I loved my job 9 years ago but this whole new interview process was a complete turn off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

There are 2 interviews! One of them is a 1 on 1 (you are in a room with other applicants to do an EASY math test. Then you turn it in and wait until they call your name. A person will ask you questions and write stuff down BUT DONT BE INTIMIDATED... They are super cool and nice and then they give you a paper that says they'll call you back when they have finished deliberating if you got the opportunity to be involved in the group interview.) They said that 1/3rd of the people who got a 1 on 1 make the cut for the group interview but don't let that alarm you because there are a bunch of applicants and its a huge theme park so dont trip-out. Seriously don't! On the group interview (they will call out six names for each group and let you interact with everyone in your group before anything begins; they want you to get to know each other before the group project begins. After they call the group, and ask you to have a seat with your group. There will be judges a.k.a food management to observe each group and they will be watching your group the whole time. They will ask each and every group to draw out your own land in the theme park and then present it; NOT AS SCARY AS IT SOUNDS. Then they will ask you to replicate an exact model they have with legos in which one of your group members will be a leader and will be the only one observing the model and will telling everyone in your group how to replicate it step by step.) After those fun games they will ask everyone to step out to the lobby as they deliberate. If they call your name first.. I'M SORRY TO SAY YOU DIDNT GET IT but, if your still in the lobby after they called people after deliberating then get happy because YOU GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those who got it will be asked to go to the computers they have there and ask you to fill out the employment work and then they make a copy of your I.D and SSN. You take those copies to the next room and fill out your address, SSN, phone etc..
    THERE YOU GO! GOOD LUCK and dont psych yourself out because they are looking for fun chill spirited people. ITS A THEME PARK!

Interview Questions

• Have you worked before and if so where?   1 Answer

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

The process is short, but that can depend on the season. I was off season but they needed help really badly. They'll give you some role playing questions, and ask about customer service skills and also your experience. Be sure to answer honestly - they have interviewed enough people to know when you're lying, which sure as heck won't help you get the job. Nobody wants a person like that on staff if they can help it. They make sure you know it won't be an easy job, but you can move up in the company after a while.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff - how would you handle a difficult customer, what would you do if you were $20 short on your till, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tell you what you'll make, and based on your experience, it's pretty accurate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online last July 18 then they called me right away last July 19. Then asked me if a have tattooes and if i'm available to work until 4am for halloween. Then she scheduled me an interview July 21 at 10am. You have to be there at around 9:45. Then they eill call you to go inside with some short presentation about the job. After that your going to answer 10 math question. It was really easy. I swear. Simple math. Then after that ur going to turned it ur application and wait to be called for 1 : 1 interview. On the interview. They will ask you your favorite movie, what is your dream/goal in life and lastly what word would your friends and family will describe you. Then thats it. I' m still waiting for the call for the group interview.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you your favorite movie, what is your dream/goal in life and lastly what word would your friends and family will describe you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be yourself. Take a deep breath before the interview and you'll be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Filled out an application online and a few days later they called me asking to come in. You're with a bunch of people in one room and it's a 2 or 3 day process and you have to do a lot of team building where all the managers from the different positions are from and after that it's a brief 1 min 1 on 1 interview. After that, you are asked to wait outside and if your name is called you get a golden paper and that's when you're hired.