Universal Studios Hollywood Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.6

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

first the one on one interview, ask you things like whats your weaknesses and strengths, whats your favorite movie and why?

Since it handles with cash, they'll make you take a math test

second part is a group activity, where you as a group can make your own theme park and match up the legos.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

I applied on February 4th online and was called the next day did a phone interview to come in on Friday the 6th. There was a PowerPoint presentation and had to do a math test. Was very easy, then they do the one on one. They told me that I passed to the group round and would call me in a week, but I'm still waiting

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Hollywood, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

was told to come for an interview, when i arrived to USH staffing building i was asked to fill out some paperwork and take a ten question basic math test, only to be told to wait one more week to be given a date to come back again for a group "audition" group audition consisted of drawing a theme park and presenting it to 18 other candidates in one small room (while speaking individually into a MICROPHONE) while supervisors from other departments watched. i worked at universal studios 9 years ago and held a much more difficult position than a food stand attendant i passed the interview with flying colors and was hired on the spot (all in one day). I'm comfortable working in groups and love interacting with people, although i cant bring myself to be comfortable speaking to a large group of people- MUCH LESS INTO A MICROPHONE. so i'm assuming that's why i wasn't hired and other less qualified people with no experience were offered a position. the whole interview process was a waste of time and hiring was based on a project that was completely irrelevant. I loved my job 9 years ago but this whole new interview process was a complete turn off.

Food Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call less than 2 hrs. later. They had me come in the next day for a group interview. Showed a slideshow and had to take a math test. Got called back in the room one by one and told they would call back for a group audition. Called me the next day and scheduled me for that. After the group audition I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

There are 2 interviews! One of them is a 1 on 1 (you are in a room with other applicants to do an EASY math test. Then you turn it in and wait until they call your name. A person will ask you questions and write stuff down BUT DONT BE INTIMIDATED... They are super cool and nice and then they give you a paper that says they'll call you back when they have finished deliberating if you got the opportunity to be involved in the group interview.) They said that 1/3rd of the people who got a 1 on 1 make the cut for the group interview but don't let that alarm you because there are a bunch of applicants and its a huge theme park so dont trip-out. Seriously don't! On the group interview (they will call out six names for each group and let you interact with everyone in your group before anything begins; they want you to get to know each other before the group project begins. After they call the group, and ask you to have a seat with your group. There will be judges a.k.a food management to observe each group and they will be watching your group the whole time. They will ask each and every group to draw out your own land in the theme park and then present it; NOT AS SCARY AS IT SOUNDS. Then they will ask you to replicate an exact model they have with legos in which one of your group members will be a leader and will be the only one observing the model and will telling everyone in your group how to replicate it step by step.) After those fun games they will ask everyone to step out to the lobby as they deliberate. If they call your name first.. I'M SORRY TO SAY YOU DIDNT GET IT but, if your still in the lobby after they called people after deliberating then get happy because YOU GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those who got it will be asked to go to the computers they have there and ask you to fill out the employment work and then they make a copy of your I.D and SSN. You take those copies to the next room and fill out your address, SSN, phone etc..
    THERE YOU GO! GOOD LUCK and dont psych yourself out because they are looking for fun chill spirited people. ITS A THEME PARK!

Interview Questions

• Have you worked before and if so where?   1 Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

You get a call, show up for interview. There is two interviews in the same day. You do some group activities. At the end of the day they will tell you on the spot if you're hired.

Guest Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied it through online, rcvd the call on the day I applied. The 1st interview is then scheduled on the next day at 10am. We went in and had listened to a presentation about the company and current openings. After that we had took a simple math test. Then a one on one interview is offered. The opening at that time is food stand associates which is not what I want. The interviewer asked me to introduce myself and what is my favourite movie. Then she asked me what positions am I interested in. I told her I am interested in Guest Relations. She then asked me to wait for a call,they will contact me as soon as there's a opening.

Two weeks had passed, I was giving you p hope actually. Until yesterday, I rcvd the call to invite me to a interview of the Guest relations associate. I was there 10:30 which was half an hour early. there's total of 2 male and 2 female (including myself ) interviewing today.

At 11sharp, the staff invite us to do a simple typing test, passing score is 30-40 wpm. I scored a 61wpm. After that we wait for the general manager of the department to meet us. All of us were invited into the conference room and we had a simple and a relaxing group interview which he just asked us some experience and why do u wanna work here. That last for about 20-30minutes.

Then we were asked to wait for a reply before tomorrow night.

I then leave and head back home, after 2 hours, I rcvd a call and said the position is offered to me!!! Hurray! Going to finish the paperwork on friday!

Interview Questions

• what is your favourite movie?   Answer Question
    • tell me about the hardest customer service experience that you had ever deal with.   Answer Question

Patio Host Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

I applied online and was called in to schedule an interview the next week, a day later. I dressed nicely and was one of the few to do so. We went through a 3 step process. The first was a basic math test (middle school level), the second was a kind of group presentation to see how well we worked together. The last step was the actual interview.

Parking Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

First it was a phone interview
    Then I had to go in for group interviews
    The group interview required discussing what we had in common then we made a fake attraction park
    And then built with legos

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

The process is short, but that can depend on the season. I was off season but they needed help really badly. They'll give you some role playing questions, and ask about customer service skills and also your experience. Be sure to answer honestly - they have interviewed enough people to know when you're lying, which sure as heck won't help you get the job. Nobody wants a person like that on staff if they can help it. They make sure you know it won't be an easy job, but you can move up in the company after a while.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff - how would you handle a difficult customer, what would you do if you were $20 short on your till, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tell you what you'll make, and based on your experience, it's pretty accurate.