Universal Studios Hollywood Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.5

Field Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position on the Universal Studios website. I was originally looking for Guest Relations Associate position, but clicked on this out of curiosity. GLAD I DID. The job description for this position barely said anything to what you will do in this job, but seemed very entry-level (which it is). After about a week, I was contacted via email by one of the HR members to schedule an in person interview. (DO YOUR HW, even though it is entry-level you should prepare yourself. Know how to answer the basic interview questions- why us? Why you? Strengths/Weaknesses etc.) Also dress PROFESSIONALLY. The email says business casual, but if you make that mistake you will definitely not get called back... I saw people in clothes that were more a hangout rather than an interview. (You will stand out if you are "dressed to impress") Once you arrive to the interview (show up early, this benefited me because I was able to go first out of the 20+ or so that were there for the same job. This allowed me to make a great first impression). USH cares about availability. Make sure you have this! In the interview the person I met with was pretty laid back and was very up front with what they were looking for. This position really requires a person who is approachable, energetic and can work well with teams. Think of this position as a "direct-sales" position, except you aren't selling anything, you are gathering guest's experiences onto a survey, which is used to get data for Universal's marketing campaigns! The interviewer pretty much told me more about the job, and again was very up front with what they need. The interview process was super easy and I heard back the following day that I was being offered the position. Also I was a bit nervous because a lot of the positions listed on here had to do group interviews and had a bit of an unorthodox recruitment process.... I'm glad mine was *1-on-1* and very straightforward!

Scare Actor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Studio City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They audition you in a large room. It's fun. But they string veterans along and poorly use our time. Some of us they'll hold onto just in case they're not able to find a satisfactory replacement. Once they find said replacement, they drop us. If you're not going to cast scare actors from the get go, don't waste their time and encourage them to audition again. Let them know at the end of the season.

Interview Questions

• The audition is fairly straightforward. You pretend to die.   1 Answer

Park Attendant Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood in June 2015.

Interview

There is a one on one interview, then a group interview. Before the one on one, you sit in a room and are shown a presentation describing the jobs that are open and what is allowed in terms of your appearance. You then take an easy math test, turn it in, and walk into another room where you wait to be called for your interview. In the one on one interview they will ask: What's your favorite movie?, What's one word a friend/family member would use to describe you?, What's a strength of yours?, Why did you choose this position?, nothing too difficult. They are very friendly and make it easy for you to feel relaxed. If you pass the first inteview, you move on to the group audition. It can be that same day, but for me, I got a call the next day to schedule it. When you arrive, everyone is put into different groups and given a few minutes to get to know each other. Then you are called into another room where each group will sit at a different table. The first group exercise will be to come up with and draw a new themed section for the park (something like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but obviously you won't use this idea) and then present it to everyone in the room. The next activity is 1 person from the group is chosen as the leader and has to go look at and memorize a model built from Legos, then describe it to their group who will try and build it. After these group activities, you leave the room and wait for them to make a decision about who gets hired. If they call your name first, that means you did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this position?   2 Answers

Admissions Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Hollywood, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

in total there are 2 interviews. The first one is a small presentation about what positions are they offering and all the rules etc.... you have to do a supper easy math test and after that you have to go to another room where they interview you individually.. asking you questions like: whats your personality, whats your favorite movie etc.. after that if you qualify you pass to the next step, which is the second interview. The second interview consist in interview in groups, where you have to do some activities as a group like drawing a theme park and presenting in front of everybody, and also working on some lego activity (all this activities are in groups) after that managers will determine if you're hired or you're not!!!

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online 2 weeks before I got out of school. A week later they contacted me to schedule an inperson interview. At the inperson interview,we filled out paperwork and took a pretty simple math test. At the interview,I was offered to come back later in the day for a group interview. After an interesting group interview, in which we had to "build a theme park" and copy a structure based on one group members memorization of it, I was the only one hired for my particular ride. Warning: Many people apply but very few people get the job.

Interview Questions

• availability.... What is the job you would like? Any particular ride?   1 Answer
    • With your group: build a theme park of your choice. Then give an explanation of your theme park.. Each person has 30 seconds   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is not a thing here. You are payed minimum wage.

Patio Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Well we make sure you get there on time and dress business attire when you go in for the interview. They first show you a power point and then tell you what jobs are available after that you have a 10 question math test its multiplication, percents, adding, subtracting easy. Then you go for a one on one interview. After they schedule you for the second interview and its a group interview where you have to make up your own theme park and then present it and only have 30 second per person to present it. Then they have you choose one person from the group to go up and memorize what they have built with a Lego and go back to your group and tell you group what you saw but the person who went up cant built or point just tell you what to do. After they have you wait until they call you back and tell you who got it or who didn't.

Interview Questions

• They ask you your typical questions.... Whats your favorite movie? Describe your self on one word? What are two of your strengths? Why do you want to work here? What would your friends describe you in one word? What are you majoring in school?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't over think it its an easy process, just make sure you bring out the best personality you have and try to stand out.

Patio Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an email next day. Went to my interview the following week, simply set in a class like setting, take a 10 question math test. Go into the next room for individual interview. After that, I was told to come in the next day for group interviews. In the group interview we designed are own theme park, and also built a lego structure.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

first the one on one interview, ask you things like whats your weaknesses and strengths, whats your favorite movie and why? Since it handles with cash, they'll make you take a math test second part is a group activity, where you as a group can make your own theme park and match up the legos.

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two separate days. First one is just an overview of the company and not really an interview. Second is a giant group interview (20-30). You'll be spilt into small groups and perform different tasks. Your managers are watching! Be enthusiastic, a team player, and creative. Once it is done, they call names of those who are hired.

Interview Questions

• Come up with an idea for your own theme park   1 Answer

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

I applied on February 4th online and was called the next day did a phone interview to come in on Friday the 6th. There was a PowerPoint presentation and had to do a math test. Was very easy, then they do the one on one. They told me that I passed to the group round and would call me in a week, but I'm still waiting