Universal Studios Hollywood Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.6

Park Attendant Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood in June 2015.

Interview

There is a one on one interview, then a group interview. Before the one on one, you sit in a room and are shown a presentation describing the jobs that are open and what is allowed in terms of your appearance. You then take an easy math test, turn it in, and walk into another room where you wait to be called for your interview. In the one on one interview they will ask: What's your favorite movie?, What's one word a friend/family member would use to describe you?, What's a strength of yours?, Why did you choose this position?, nothing too difficult. They are very friendly and make it easy for you to feel relaxed. If you pass the first inteview, you move on to the group audition. It can be that same day, but for me, I got a call the next day to schedule it. When you arrive, everyone is put into different groups and given a few minutes to get to know each other. Then you are called into another room where each group will sit at a different table. The first group exercise will be to come up with and draw a new themed section for the park (something like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but obviously you won't use this idea) and then present it to everyone in the room. The next activity is 1 person from the group is chosen as the leader and has to go look at and memorize a model built from Legos, then describe it to their group who will try and build it. After these group activities, you leave the room and wait for them to make a decision about who gets hired. If they call your name first, that means you did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this position?   2 Answers

Admissions Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Hollywood, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

in total there are 2 interviews. The first one is a small presentation about what positions are they offering and all the rules etc.... you have to do a supper easy math test and after that you have to go to another room where they interview you individually.. asking you questions like: whats your personality, whats your favorite movie etc.. after that if you qualify you pass to the next step, which is the second interview. The second interview consist in interview in groups, where you have to do some activities as a group like drawing a theme park and presenting in front of everybody, and also working on some lego activity (all this activities are in groups) after that managers will determine if you're hired or you're not!!!

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online 2 weeks before I got out of school. A week later they contacted me to schedule an inperson interview. At the inperson interview,we filled out paperwork and took a pretty simple math test. At the interview,I was offered to come back later in the day for a group interview. After an interesting group interview, in which we had to "build a theme park" and copy a structure based on one group members memorization of it, I was the only one hired for my particular ride. Warning: Many people apply but very few people get the job.

Interview Questions

• availability.... What is the job you would like? Any particular ride?   1 Answer
    • With your group: build a theme park of your choice. Then give an explanation of your theme park.. Each person has 30 seconds   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is not a thing here. You are payed minimum wage.

Patio Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Well we make sure you get there on time and dress business attire when you go in for the interview. They first show you a power point and then tell you what jobs are available after that you have a 10 question math test its multiplication, percents, adding, subtracting easy. Then you go for a one on one interview. After they schedule you for the second interview and its a group interview where you have to make up your own theme park and then present it and only have 30 second per person to present it. Then they have you choose one person from the group to go up and memorize what they have built with a Lego and go back to your group and tell you group what you saw but the person who went up cant built or point just tell you what to do. After they have you wait until they call you back and tell you who got it or who didn't.

Interview Questions

• They ask you your typical questions.... Whats your favorite movie? Describe your self on one word? What are two of your strengths? Why do you want to work here? What would your friends describe you in one word? What are you majoring in school?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't over think it its an easy process, just make sure you bring out the best personality you have and try to stand out.

Patio Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an email next day. Went to my interview the following week, simply set in a class like setting, take a 10 question math test. Go into the next room for individual interview. After that, I was told to come in the next day for group interviews. In the group interview we designed are own theme park, and also built a lego structure.

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

first the one on one interview, ask you things like whats your weaknesses and strengths, whats your favorite movie and why? Since it handles with cash, they'll make you take a math test second part is a group activity, where you as a group can make your own theme park and match up the legos.

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two separate days. First one is just an overview of the company and not really an interview. Second is a giant group interview (20-30). You'll be spilt into small groups and perform different tasks. Your managers are watching! Be enthusiastic, a team player, and creative. Once it is done, they call names of those who are hired.

Interview Questions

• Come up with an idea for your own theme park   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Interview

I applied on February 4th online and was called the next day did a phone interview to come in on Friday the 6th. There was a PowerPoint presentation and had to do a math test. Was very easy, then they do the one on one. They told me that I passed to the group round and would call me in a week, but I'm still waiting

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Hollywood, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

was told to come for an interview, when i arrived to USH staffing building i was asked to fill out some paperwork and take a ten question basic math test, only to be told to wait one more week to be given a date to come back again for a group "audition" group audition consisted of drawing a theme park and presenting it to 18 other candidates in one small room (while speaking individually into a MICROPHONE) while supervisors from other departments watched. i worked at universal studios 9 years ago and held a much more difficult position than a food stand attendant i passed the interview with flying colors and was hired on the spot (all in one day). I'm comfortable working in groups and love interacting with people, although i cant bring myself to be comfortable speaking to a large group of people- MUCH LESS INTO A MICROPHONE. so i'm assuming that's why i wasn't hired and other less qualified people with no experience were offered a position. the whole interview process was a waste of time and hiring was based on a project that was completely irrelevant. I loved my job 9 years ago but this whole new interview process was a complete turn off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

There are 2 interviews! One of them is a 1 on 1 (you are in a room with other applicants to do an EASY math test. Then you turn it in and wait until they call your name. A person will ask you questions and write stuff down BUT DONT BE INTIMIDATED... They are super cool and nice and then they give you a paper that says they'll call you back when they have finished deliberating if you got the opportunity to be involved in the group interview.) They said that 1/3rd of the people who got a 1 on 1 make the cut for the group interview but don't let that alarm you because there are a bunch of applicants and its a huge theme park so dont trip-out. Seriously don't! On the group interview (they will call out six names for each group and let you interact with everyone in your group before anything begins; they want you to get to know each other before the group project begins. After they call the group, and ask you to have a seat with your group. There will be judges a.k.a food management to observe each group and they will be watching your group the whole time. They will ask each and every group to draw out your own land in the theme park and then present it; NOT AS SCARY AS IT SOUNDS. Then they will ask you to replicate an exact model they have with legos in which one of your group members will be a leader and will be the only one observing the model and will telling everyone in your group how to replicate it step by step.) After those fun games they will ask everyone to step out to the lobby as they deliberate. If they call your name first.. I'M SORRY TO SAY YOU DIDNT GET IT but, if your still in the lobby after they called people after deliberating then get happy because YOU GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those who got it will be asked to go to the computers they have there and ask you to fill out the employment work and then they make a copy of your I.D and SSN. You take those copies to the next room and fill out your address, SSN, phone etc.. THERE YOU GO! GOOD LUCK and dont psych yourself out because they are looking for fun chill spirited people. ITS A THEME PARK!

Interview Questions

• Have you worked before and if so where?   1 Answer