Universal Studios Hollywood

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.7

Guest Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood in December 2014.

Applied it through online, rcvd the call on the day I applied. The 1st interview is then scheduled on the next day at 10am. We went in and had listened to a presentation about the company and current openings. After that we had took a simple math test. Then a one on one interview is offered. The opening at that time is food stand associates which is not what I want. The interviewer asked me to introduce myself and what is my favourite movie. Then she asked me what positions am I interested in. I told her I am interested in Guest Relations. She then asked me to wait for a call,they will contact me as soon as there's a opening.

Two weeks had passed, I was giving you p hope actually. Until yesterday, I rcvd the call to invite me to a interview of the Guest relations associate. I was there 10:30 which was half an hour early. there's total of 2 male and 2 female (including myself ) interviewing today.

At 11sharp, the staff invite us to do a simple typing test, passing score is 30-40 wpm. I scored a 61wpm. After that we wait for the general manager of the department to meet us. All of us were invited into the conference room and we had a simple and a relaxing group interview which he just asked us some experience and why do u wanna work here. That last for about 20-30minutes.

Then we were asked to wait for a reply before tomorrow night.

I then leave and head back home, after 2 hours, I rcvd a call and said the position is offered to me!!! Hurray! Going to finish the paperwork on friday!

Interview Questions
    • what is your favourite movie?   Answer Question
    • tell me about the hardest customer service experience that you had ever deal with.   Answer Question

Patio Host Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

I applied online and was called in to schedule an interview the next week, a day later. I dressed nicely and was one of the few to do so. We went through a 3 step process. The first was a basic math test (middle school level), the second was a kind of group presentation to see how well we worked together. The last step was the actual interview.

Parking Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

First it was a phone interview
    Then I had to go in for group interviews
    The group interview required discussing what we had in common then we made a fake attraction park
    And then built with legos

Food Stand Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

The process is short, but that can depend on the season. I was off season but they needed help really badly. They'll give you some role playing questions, and ask about customer service skills and also your experience. Be sure to answer honestly - they have interviewed enough people to know when you're lying, which sure as heck won't help you get the job. Nobody wants a person like that on staff if they can help it. They make sure you know it won't be an easy job, but you can move up in the company after a while.

Interview Questions
    • Standard stuff - how would you handle a difficult customer, what would you do if you were $20 short on your till, etc.   View Answer
    They tell you what you'll make, and based on your experience, it's pretty accurate.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

HR representative extremely helpful and friendly, accommodating. Head of department dependent on interview questions they were asked 20 years ago. Corporate vibe for a creative environment. Cold, intended to intimidate.

Interview Questions
    • The trite "where do you see yourself in 5 years" question.   View Answer

Maze Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood in August 2014.

I received a call a couple days after I applied asking me to come in for pre qualification. When I got there they did a quick presentation then a math test. After the test they had you wait for a 1 on 1 which was great It took me a couple of minutes. Here is the weird part my interviewer was really excited and gave me a paper saying that they would call to set up the group interview if chosen I'm soooooo confused he said it was all good and they would start right before the event

Food Stand Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

I applied online last July 18 then they called me right away last July 19. Then asked me if a have tattooes and if i'm available to work until 4am for halloween. Then she scheduled me an interview July 21 at 10am. You have to be there at around 9:45. Then they eill call you to go inside with some short presentation about the job. After that your going to answer 10 math question. It was really easy. I swear. Simple math. Then after that ur going to turned it ur application and wait to be called for 1 : 1 interview. On the interview. They will ask you your favorite movie, what is your dream/goal in life and lastly what word would your friends and family will describe you. Then thats it. I' m still waiting for the call for the group interview.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you your favorite movie, what is your dream/goal in life and lastly what word would your friends and family will describe you.   Answer Question
    Just be yourself. Take a deep breath before the interview and you'll be fine.

Operator Interview

The hiring process includes group and individual interviews. Seeing as you are applying to an amusement park, you must be out going and energetic. Be sure to maintain a big smile on your face to impress the interviewers.

Food Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Applied online, got a call about a week later and set up an interview the next day. They call you into a room and walk you through what positions are open/requirements. You do an easy math test, and get called into the 1:1 interview (it's suuuper easy, almost impossible to fail). Then you do a group interview. During the group interview, they had 3 activities: find something everyone has in common, design a theme park, and build a lego model using only verbal directions. Just make sure you listen to directions carefully (you'd be surprised how many people don't!!), be loud, and be original! 4 out of 6 of the groups in our interview designed "Fast and the Furious" land and I'm pretty sure that's why we didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you all have in common? (Don't state the obvious)"   View Answer

Retail Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Hello guys I will be happy to share my experience with Universal Studios, I have worked there in the past and after the recession I will have to say Universal has gotten very selective before the recession Universal used to hire EVERYONE! Times have changed and I will have to say if you fill out an application and are selected for and interview you have about at 15-25% chance of passing the group interview, there are about three parts to this interview and you will have to be a very successful person to pass the third part, the group interview they take you into a room where all the managers are and they are all watching the potiential employees, the employees who can effectively work with a team, are very detailed in their presentation and loud will get hired, the people who sit back and do nothing will be tossed, I went through this interview process about 3 times over the years before I was hired, (I worked with them before before when they basically hired everyone that showed up now they call in lots of people to interview and hire very few), What I will like to say the most now is, just because universal studios hollywood is giving you an interview dont expect to be selected not even with the tips i give here, it took me basically many times, but I have to say this Universal is a good company, as long as if you leave on good terms they will rehire you, and if you dont pass an interview you are more than welcome to apply again, I am very excited about being hired and I am going to do everything within my power to stay this time.

Interview Questions
    The union negotiates everything for you.