Universal Studios Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

2.3

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Interview

It was a group interview. We had to come up with and present a theme park attraction, and display communication between randomly assigned group members. We also had to build a lego structure, while only one group member at a time was allowed to see it.

Park Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and by the end of the day I recieved an email to scedule an interview date and time. When I got there the interview was easy but I just had to wait a couple of hours cause it seemed like they was taking their time.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call from HR about a week after applying and they did a casual phone interview and then asked me to come in the following week to meet with the entertainment managers. Met with them and still hoping for a call this week

Interview Questions

• what was your biggest accomplishment   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. We scheduled a phone interview and it went phenomenal. He promised to forward all of my information to the hiring manager. The process ended there...

Interview Questions

• Explain why you are most qualified for this job.   1 Answer

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through their online system, within 24 hours I received an email to set up an interview time. I made mine for 8:30 AM, and was interviewed inside a cubicle. There was an entire waiting room full of new hires/interviewees, and they were all very nice and friendly. The interview was very common, the usual questions that you'd expect from a behavioral interview. Give concise, intelligent answers and you'll do great!

After the interview, they will discuss possible areas that you can work in. I was offered Merchandising and Ticket Sales roles as well, but I chose Attractions as I wanted to do something different. Pay was $9/hour, which isn't great but is better than minimum wage.

The entire process took around 3 hours, and was very orderly and positive. They were very honest and upfront and encouraged me to ask questions and learn more about the position. I'm excited to start next week!

Also, orientation is paid! They didn't tell me this until an HR rep was going through paperwork with me. Super nice perk.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake on the job, and how did you correct it?   1 Answer

Food Production Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

fairly simple...they tend to prefer to hire someone that's in school...they like the fact that the student might consider building their career with them...fairly simple...they tend to prefer to hire someone that's in school...they like the fact that the student might consider building their career with them

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic Interview, mostly situational. People were very friendly and the process was easy. I arrived and seen quite a few others waiting for their turn to interview. The process is very well laid out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing you would do to make universal a better experience.   Answer Question

Ride Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

very simple, phone interview, then a knowledge assessment test, and a final interview with the supervisor (usually 3 guys). they require you your tools, but you dont need that many, just basics.

Interview Questions

• if you are an A&P, forget about what you learn in school, they have different terms and uses for hardware. "what is a lockwhasher for?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

very simple, no negotiation, just an offer 19.60 plus 1.13, full benefits, medical, 401k, access to the parks, 12 free tickets to the park for family members

Hostess Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online, got an email within a week asking me to schedule a phone interview. Phone interviewer called about 20min early (asked me if that was okay), then proceeded with the questions; why would you like to work for Universal? Why would you like to be a hostess? We discussed my previous work history, very detailed and thorough questions, such as; tell me about a time you got in a conflict with a coworker, with a guest, with a manager and how was it overcome? She discussed pay rate and hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you had where you and a coworker had a dispute and how was it resolved/handled? With your boss? With a guest?   Answer Question

Halloween Horror Nights Scareactor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

The hiring process primarily consisted of a couple questions in front of a casting panel such as "what is your favorite horror movie". They also take height, weight, and look for overall fit for character roles and costumes.

Interview Questions

• It was one of the easiest interviews I have ever done. They are much more focussed on whether you fit the character then your response to questions.   Answer Question