Universal Studios Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2014

2.3

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios in April 2013.

Initial communication? terrible and non professional. If I filled out my online application and knew exactly and marked the hours I wanted to work and they called me for the interview, then I assume they agreed with my availability

Interview Questions
    • the two young girls that interviewed me gave a different picture of the whole situation. I felt discriminated and they were trying to make me say no to the job.   Answer Question

I declined because they wanted me to work until 3 in the morning during peek season. when I applied I pointed out clearly and specifically my availability.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Studios in January 2013.

Fairly easy. Wait in holding area to be interviewed, then you are called in for a one-on-one interview. The questions are typical.

Cash Counter Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Studios in January 2013.

Received a phone interview a few days after applying. It was fairly easy. it lasted about 5 minutes. she then scheduled a one on one interview. i then Met with the assistant manager and one of the leads. It was a quick an easy interview. That lasted about ten minutes. I was fingerprinted and i received my id a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just when i was available and if i can handle heavy lifting.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Studios in September 2012.

Interviewed by the store manager, very detailed questions

No negotiating, 7.80/hr for stock in merchandise

Animated Character Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios in September 2012.

Auditions can be lengthy... they do not always stay on time. Appointments can be close together so you end up waiting a while. Once inside, they will make cuts and what not, just depending on the type of audition. There may be a dance call or readings done. Possibly fittings.

Interview Questions
    • Improving can be hard! If you never have done that, this job may not be for you.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You get set characters and get set pay.

Gameskeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios in August 2012.

i filled out an online application and then i finished all the survey and questions and then about 2 days later i received an email to set up an appointment . i then arrived there about twenty minutes early and the wait was minimal for the first part of the interview , after i was done i advanced to the second round of interviewing which was very efficient it allowed me to recieve a casual position instead of a seasonal. everyone there was very nice! i was offered the job on the spot. :]

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Studios in June 2012.

Afer you apply online, the system will allow you to schedule an interview at a certain time and date within the next 1-2 weeks. Whatever date you select, make sure to be there and HEED MY WORD AND WARNING...BE THERE 30 MINZ EARLY, unless you don't really care if you get hired or not. Go to Walmart/Ross/Beals/Outlet store etc. and buy a business syle outfit (long black pants & long sleeve button up shirt) Dont go inside the human resources building without having a business style uniform OR YOU YOU WILL STAND OUT... of course not in a good way. Anyways when you get called back to your interview, smile and at least say," Hello how are you?" or something of the sort. Be confident, and sell yourself, but dont TRY TOO HARD. The will ask questions like...
    -Why do you want to work at universal?
    -What do you know about it?
    -Describe a time when you were in a situation where something did not turn out like you expected it to be... what did you do to fix it/cope with the situation
    ... (make up something... I did...and I still got hired) ;-)
    Remember these people dont give a dang if you're tell in the truth... (as a matter of fact they already know that over half of applicants lie during interviews, all the time in all different types of work settings) ... instead they just want to see that you can think of something intellegent to say, within a timely manner, while at least, yourself, believeing in your own lie! lol But yea, if you're a a guy, get a haircut first, PLEASE... Try to look cute... I follow that in my daily rountine.... Come in, look good, sell yourself, and have the confidence like YOU KNOW that you're getting the job. Interview and hired :6/6/12.... Cant wait till orientation on 6/20/12! I'll be operating one of the newer more famous roller coasters.... but im not telling which one lol...

$7.75/hr +

Sales Associate/Witch Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios in June 2012.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I had 2 or 3 separate interviews, the first to work at Universal, and the next one to secure the position with WWoHP, the process took a few days. I was also quizzed on Harry Potter facts two different times.

Interview Questions
    • What time does the train leave platform 9 3/4, the name of Hermione's cat, the name of Hagrid's half brother   Answer Question
    none

Event Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios in April 2012.

Received a call to set up an interview. Interview consisted of easy questions like why I wanted to work there, them explaining the job and if it was something I was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. Why I wanted to work for Universal   View Answer

The job was seasonal and too low of pay.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Universal Studios in January 2012.

Asked me six questions, first one being how would you describe your last job, why do you want to work for Universial, I felt I answered all my questions in the best of manner. I was not accepted. The interviewer told me that the position I applied for is not open and that my application will be in file for 90 day. I will never hear back from them.