Universal Studios

Updated May 21, 2014
Updated May 21, 2014

2.3

Messenger Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios.

Go in business casual. Have resume ready and answer basic questions such as previous work experience, why interested, etc.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2011.

The communication was great and only 1 interview

Interview Questions
    It was seasonal but at the end I got part time

Food Stand Attendant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Studios in October 2013.

You will be asked questions on your previous jobs and ask if you ever supervised others

Animated Character Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2012.

Auditions can be lengthy... they do not always stay on time. Appointments can be close together so you end up waiting a while. Once inside, they will make cuts and what not, just depending on the type of audition. There may be a dance call or readings done. Possibly fittings.

Interview Questions
    • Improving can be hard! If you never have done that, this job may not be for you.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You get set characters and get set pay.

Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2012.

Interviewed by the store manager, very detailed questions

No negotiating, 7.80/hr for stock in merchandise

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Studios.

The interview process was pretty swift infact the first day of my interview i was hired on the spot all i had to do really in come back for orientation and that process was kind of long. But in the interview you speak to one of th HR team and they have a personal sitdown with you and go over the job details for which you applied and assess your capabilities and potential for the job. then from there they refer you to someone in that job department who lets you know of available positions after a second interview with some character questions.

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Universal Studios.

So the first thing is to apply online, even if you go into the human resources office to apply in person they send you to a computer. You get an email asking you to setup an appointment. Come like 15 minutes early but expect to be there for at least 2-4 hours. Your appointment time is just the beginning f the timed block. You don't want to be the last 2:00 for example. The interviewers are nice but some are more stuffy then others. They like a person who shakes their hand and is dressed professionally. Make sure to know you're social security number.

Interview Questions
    • How did you help a person on your team succeed even though they were not as skilled?   Answer Question

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in April 2013.

Initial communication? terrible and non professional. If I filled out my online application and knew exactly and marked the hours I wanted to work and they called me for the interview, then I assume they agreed with my availability

Interview Questions
    • the two young girls that interviewed me gave a different picture of the whole situation. I felt discriminated and they were trying to make me say no to the job.   Answer Question

I declined because they wanted me to work until 3 in the morning during peek season. when I applied I pointed out clearly and specifically my availability.

Cash Counter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios in January 2013.

Received a phone interview a few days after applying. It was fairly easy. it lasted about 5 minutes. she then scheduled a one on one interview. i then Met with the assistant manager and one of the leads. It was a quick an easy interview. That lasted about ten minutes. I was fingerprinted and i received my id a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just when i was available and if i can handle heavy lifting.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Universal Studios in January 2013.

Fairly easy. Wait in holding area to be interviewed, then you are called in for a one-on-one interview. The questions are typical.