Universal Studios

44 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Messenger Interview

Messenger

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview Details – Go in business casual. Have resume ready and answer basic questions such as previous work experience, why interested, etc.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2011.

Interview Details – The communication was great and only 1 interview

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was seasonal but at the end I got part time

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Food Stand Attendant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Studios in October 2013.

Interview Details – You will be asked questions on your previous jobs and ask if you ever supervised others

Interview Question – Why you want to work in Universal?   Answer Question

Animated Character Interview

Animated Character
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2012.

Interview Details – Auditions can be lengthy... they do not always stay on time. Appointments can be close together so you end up waiting a while. Once inside, they will make cuts and what not, just depending on the type of audition. There may be a dance call or readings done. Possibly fittings.

Interview Question – Improving can be hard! If you never have done that, this job may not be for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You get set characters and get set pay.

Stocker Interview

Stocker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed by the store manager, very detailed questions

Interview Question – Pretty simple and generic interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, 7.80/hr for stock in merchandise

Attractions Attendant Interview

Attractions Attendant
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty swift infact the first day of my interview i was hired on the spot all i had to do really in come back for orientation and that process was kind of long. But in the interview you speak to one of th HR team and they have a personal sitdown with you and go over the job details for which you applied and assess your capabilities and potential for the job. then from there they refer you to someone in that job department who lets you know of available positions after a second interview with some character questions.

Interview Question – There was not really anything hard to answer   Answer Question

Attractions Attendant Interview

Attractions Attendant
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview Details – So the first thing is to apply online, even if you go into the human resources office to apply in person they send you to a computer. You get an email asking you to setup an appointment. Come like 15 minutes early but expect to be there for at least 2-4 hours. Your appointment time is just the beginning f the timed block. You don't want to be the last 2:00 for example. The interviewers are nice but some are more stuffy then others. They like a person who shakes their hand and is dressed professionally. Make sure to know you're social security number.

Interview Question – How did you help a person on your team succeed even though they were not as skilled?   Answer Question

Vacation Planner Interview

Vacation Planner
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication? terrible and non professional. If I filled out my online application and knew exactly and marked the hours I wanted to work and they called me for the interview, then I assume they agreed with my availability

Interview Question – the two young girls that interviewed me gave a different picture of the whole situation. I felt discriminated and they were trying to make me say no to the job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because they wanted me to work until 3 in the morning during peek season. when I applied I pointed out clearly and specifically my availability.

Cash Counter Interview

Cash Counter

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios in January 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview a few days after applying. It was fairly easy. it lasted about 5 minutes. she then scheduled a one on one interview. i then Met with the assistant manager and one of the leads. It was a quick an easy interview. That lasted about ten minutes. I was fingerprinted and i received my id a few days later.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just when i was available and if i can handle heavy lifting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Warehouse Interview

Warehouse
Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Universal Studios in January 2013.

Interview Details – Fairly easy. Wait in holding area to be interviewed, then you are called in for a one-on-one interview. The questions are typical.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question