Universal Studios

Updated May 21, 2014

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2011.

The communication was great and only 1 interview

Interview Questions
    It was seasonal but at the end I got part time

Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios in August 2011.

I applied online and did a personality test. Three days later they sent me an email with a link to set up an interview. They didn't give adequet directions to the human resource office and their was no where to park so I had to drive around for 15 minutes to wait for a car to leave. This made me ten minutes late to the interview. I signed in and waited about 10 -15 minutes and was called back to do a 1 on 1 interview. I was told I didn't have the qualifications for a full time merchandise position I had a applied for and wanted so I was offered to interview for a part time attractions position. I didn't feel prepared for the attractions position and really didn't want part time so I felt I wasn't as prepared. After Interviewing me, I was told to go back and wait to be called. I was called back five minutes later and told they werent going to pecede that day but my application would be on file for 90 days.

Interview Questions
    • Name a negative experience from your last job and what did you gain from it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Universal Studios in June 2011.

Went in person to apply, and was directed to computers to fill out the form online. Was called about a week latter, and asked to interview a week and a half latter. The interview questions were straight forward, and standard. I was told that the position that i was applying for had a lot of applicants, and I was offered a different one, but I wanted to hold out for the better one that I was applying for. I was told that they were still interviewing candidates, and would be called or emailed with the results in a few weeks. In that time I found another job.

Interview Questions
    • Is it ok if there is no opportunity for advancement in the job?   View Answer
    • Would you rather take a job here that is different, and pays less, and is in the sun trying to get information from customers?   View Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Universal Studios in May 2011.

1 interview, with manager from location you applied to. group hiring session off site. asked basic interview questions, like all jobs do, nothing to exciting as far as questions go.

Interview Questions
    • none, all of the questions were very standard interview questions.   Answer Question
    planned orientation, and training days out first, didnt get payed until orientation was over.

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios in April 2011.

Applied online, got called to interview at the HR department, waited about 20 minutes, got to talk to someone in a room full of different people being interviewed at other desks, got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty generic, no experience was really required.   Answer Question
    After being hired on the spot, I was told what attractions were available, and chose which one I wanted to go work at. The pay was told to me up front.

Ride Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Universal Studios in April 2011.

Interview was at 3:00 arrived 40 minutes early which is a good thing because there is no parking
    (later informed that it is always like that). I was interviewed about 20 minutes after my set time. Had and awesome lady interview me. It took about 20 minutes and she was shaking my hand and telling me congratulations!

Following that I was fingerprinted and told to wait for records department which would be about a 40 minute wait. Once records came filled out a few more forms and that was it. Orientation starts Monday!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a conflict between either a co worker or a supervisor and how did you handle that situation.   Answer Question

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Universal Studios in April 2011.

Applied online with an employee referral and was contacted within 24 hours for an interview which was scheduled for 2 days later...the whole interview process is very systematic and not terribly personal, but effective nonetheless. after sitting in a waiting room with a whole bunch of other applicants for about half an hour I was introduced to my interviewer who informed me that the position i had initially applied for wouldn't work but referred me to a manager at a citywalk venue for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Cart Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Universal Studios in March 2011.

The interview was very mechanical and very strictly laid out. I felt more like part of a machine than an employee. I don't mean that in a good way.

First, applications were filled out online. I was sent an e-mail the next day asking me to choose a time for an interview two days from then. This was supposedly an "invite only job fair," but I later learned that it was not invite only.

Parking at the park's Human Resources office is extremely lacking. I, along with about 40 other cars, were forced to drive around in a circle for about 30 minutes with nowhere to park before the secondary parking lot was opened for us.

Upon arrival, I found out that the time you select for an interview does not matter. Everyone is rounded up into one lobby with seats and forced to wait for your name to be called. The lobby was filled with about 60 to 70 other people, and was standing room only.

After about 30 minutes, my name was called along with six other people. We were walked into the back of the HR office, into a screening room where E.T. was playing in the dark. We were told, again, to wait for our names to be called. 20 minutes later, my name was called again, and I was walked into another room.

The room was very loud and crowded. There were about 20 different managers interviewing people at the same time in the same room.

I was then informed that the position I applied (attractions) for was no longer open, but there was, instead, another position available in food service. She described the job to me and told me that I would be working as a bus boy, bringing food to tables and cleaning them after people leave. I told her I was okay with that, and the actual interview began. It was very simple.

I was asked simple questions, such as "describe a time where you put in extra effort at your last job" or "explain to me a time you felt frustrated at work and how you solved the problem." I talked about my last job, she nodded and said "oh, wow" each answer. All of the questions were about previous work experiences, nothing else.

The pay given to me was absolutely minimum wage, and was 7.25$ an hour, with no guarantees on hours or a set time. I was also told that it was a "seasonal position" and that they were "hiring for spring break," meaning that I would probably be let go in April.

She explained the job to be then asked specifically "would you be okay with working for me?" I said yes and asked why - she was apparently the manager for that position. She told me to wait a few moments, and left the room.

She returned after three or so minutes, and informed me that the position I was interviewed for was already taken. She asked if I would be okay with a different position, simply telling me that it was a "cart stocker" and that I would be carrying food from the warehouse to the food carts. That was all that was explained to me, nothing else. I told her that sounds fine, and she informed me that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me a time you put in extra effort at work.   View Answer
    • Explain to me a time you felt frustrated at work and how you handled it.   View Answer

The work was entirely out doors, was only seasonal for spring break, and was minimum wage. I quickly found another job later that week that paid more, was closer to my home and was a permanent position.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Universal Studios in November 2010.

Worked for awhile before as contractor easy interview

Seasonal Entertainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Studios in October 2010.

Walk in through HR get a number and picture taken filed in about 5-7 at a time and the audition begins. Introduce yourself then you may be asked to turn around so that they can see your body type; during this time panel is taking notes and whisper among themselves so don't take it personal. When moments present themselves smile

Interview Questions
    • Improv- either you have the ability for on the spot improv or you don't   View Answer
    Each role has set pay rate