Universal Studios Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.3

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

i have applied online and it takes 1 week for phone interview then HR would call for 2nd interview. It was quick to receive the news for 2nd in. Parking lot is always full. So be sure to arrive 30-40 mins early to look for a spot.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter- Attractions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

When you apply, it takes a while to hear back, if you havent heard back email their HR and they might help. Once you do get an interview, you get to schedule it yourself for a time that best fits you, and you should expect to wait once you check in. I personally went in at 10 and it took me til 11:20 to get into the offices. Once they call your name they ask you things like, "why do you want to work for this company?" "what makes you more qualified than others" "are you open all days of the week, if not what days?" (then ask if you could, upon acceptance, open up any days.) and depending on what area you apply for they in turn ask for reasons for that location.

Interview Questions

• If applying for the Wizarding World, expect to be asked basic and hard questions about the movie. The most difficult guestion i was asked was "Who is the guardian in the chamber of secrets and what powers did they possess?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is the same, awesome equal pay though.

Attractions Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Universal Studios in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and less than two days later, got a call to come back for an interview that same Friday. Follow the directions given to you on how to get to Human Resources and you'll be good. Arrive 30 minutes before my appointment time (1:30) and waited in the lobby with a lot of other people, but yay, we got to watch Despicable Me! Got called in for my first interview at 1:45 and it was basic questions about my application and asked about my current job. I wasn't expected to be told I would be going through a 2nd interview in a matter of minutes! 20 minutes later, I was being interviewed by an attractions manager. He was REALLY nice and easy to talk to and asked more job related questions and showed interest in me. He asked questions to get an idea of where I would be comfortable working (indoors, outdoors, busy ride, less crowded ride ect). I was hired on the spot and then waited for 3 hours doing the whole hiring process with paperwork. Everyone was EXTREMELY nice and showed genuine care for all applicants! I went in really nervous and got comfortable quickly.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry guest?   1 Answer
    • Has there been a time where your job applied a new policy you weren't happy with?   Answer Question
    • What are your 5 favorite Universal rides?   Answer Question
    • Are you capable of working with a team?   Answer Question

Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

I was approached from another associate that I was being considered as a front runner for this position and was setup with an interview. The interview was very relaxed and didn't really contain very many technical questions. A few weeks later I was offered the position with the team.

Interview Questions

• When they asked me if I knew any of the systems that they currently worked on, which I knew very little of but was willing to learn if they took the time to teach me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

She told me what the salary would be and I accepted.

Messenger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

Go in business casual. Have resume ready and answer basic questions such as previous work experience, why interested, etc.

Utilities Third Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online, answer some questions and then go in for the initial HR interview a few days latern to make sure you are not a crazy. Some positions are not complicated and will hire after 1st interview, this position ( and all 3rd shift positions) require at least 2. Once hired you get finger-printed and then it's just 2-7 days of paid orientation depending on your role.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. First interview is just for personality and experience. Second interviews will focus on whatever skill set your role will require.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Set pay for each role with set raises.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios in October 2013.

Interview

You will be asked questions on your previous jobs and ask if you ever supervised others

HHN Show Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

It didn't take long after I applied to get a response. I got an email asking me to schedule an interview. The interview itself was pretty easy. There was a series of interviews with different people. The first one was general questions about previous employment and details about the job itself. After I passed the first interview, the other one was more behavioral questions and personal questions about yourself. Then she told me specifics about the position, asked if I was interested in other positions. She listed what was available (a seasonal position or a full-time attractions attendant position). I chose the seasonal position and then was moved from one of several rooms to fill out paperwork with a group of people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a group of people to accomplish something.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was pretty swift infact the first day of my interview i was hired on the spot all i had to do really in come back for orientation and that process was kind of long. But in the interview you speak to one of th HR team and they have a personal sitdown with you and go over the job details for which you applied and assess your capabilities and potential for the job. then from there they refer you to someone in that job department who lets you know of available positions after a second interview with some character questions.

Barback Interview

Application

interviewed at Universal Studios in August 2013.

Interview

I filled out the application online then went in for a lobby interview. I waited an hour or so before I met the interviewer. He asked standard questions about previous job experience and how well I worked with a team.

Interview Questions

• The last time you made a mistake at a job how did you go about correcting it?   Answer Question

The hours I had to work didn't fit with my class schedule