Universal Studios Interview Questions in Orlando, FL

2.3

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios in May 2014.

i have applied online and it takes 1 week for phone interview then HR would call for 2nd interview. It was quick to receive the news for 2nd in. Parking lot is always full. So be sure to arrive 30-40 mins early to look for a spot.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter- Attractions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios in February 2014.

When you apply, it takes a while to hear back, if you havent heard back email their HR and they might help. Once you do get an interview, you get to schedule it yourself for a time that best fits you, and you should expect to wait once you check in. I personally went in at 10 and it took me til 11:20 to get into the offices. Once they call your name they ask you things like, "why do you want to work for this company?" "what makes you more qualified than others" "are you open all days of the week, if not what days?" (then ask if you could, upon acceptance, open up any days.) and depending on what area you apply for they in turn ask for reasons for that location.

Interview Questions
    • If applying for the Wizarding World, expect to be asked basic and hard questions about the movie. The most difficult guestion i was asked was "Who is the guardian in the chamber of secrets and what powers did they possess?"   Answer Question
    Pay is the same, awesome equal pay though.

Utilities Third Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Universal Studios in December 2013.

Applied online, answer some questions and then go in for the initial HR interview a few days latern to make sure you are not a crazy. Some positions are not complicated and will hire after 1st interview, this position ( and all 3rd shift positions) require at least 2. Once hired you get finger-printed and then it's just 2-7 days of paid orientation depending on your role.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. First interview is just for personality and experience. Second interviews will focus on whatever skill set your role will require.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Set pay for each role with set raises.

HHN Show Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios in September 2013.

It didn't take long after I applied to get a response. I got an email asking me to schedule an interview. The interview itself was pretty easy. There was a series of interviews with different people. The first one was general questions about previous employment and details about the job itself. After I passed the first interview, the other one was more behavioral questions and personal questions about yourself. Then she told me specifics about the position, asked if I was interested in other positions. She listed what was available (a seasonal position or a full-time attractions attendant position). I chose the seasonal position and then was moved from one of several rooms to fill out paperwork with a group of people.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you worked with a group of people to accomplish something.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios.

The interview process was pretty swift infact the first day of my interview i was hired on the spot all i had to do really in come back for orientation and that process was kind of long. But in the interview you speak to one of th HR team and they have a personal sitdown with you and go over the job details for which you applied and assess your capabilities and potential for the job. then from there they refer you to someone in that job department who lets you know of available positions after a second interview with some character questions.

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios.

So the first thing is to apply online, even if you go into the human resources office to apply in person they send you to a computer. You get an email asking you to setup an appointment. Come like 15 minutes early but expect to be there for at least 2-4 hours. Your appointment time is just the beginning f the timed block. You don't want to be the last 2:00 for example. The interviewers are nice but some are more stuffy then others. They like a person who shakes their hand and is dressed professionally. Make sure to know you're social security number.

Interview Questions
    • How did you help a person on your team succeed even though they were not as skilled?   Answer Question

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios in April 2013.

Initial communication? terrible and non professional. If I filled out my online application and knew exactly and marked the hours I wanted to work and they called me for the interview, then I assume they agreed with my availability

Interview Questions
    • the two young girls that interviewed me gave a different picture of the whole situation. I felt discriminated and they were trying to make me say no to the job.   Answer Question

I declined because they wanted me to work until 3 in the morning during peek season. when I applied I pointed out clearly and specifically my availability.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Universal Studios in January 2013.

Fairly easy. Wait in holding area to be interviewed, then you are called in for a one-on-one interview. The questions are typical.

Animated Character Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Universal Studios in September 2012.

Auditions can be lengthy... they do not always stay on time. Appointments can be close together so you end up waiting a while. Once inside, they will make cuts and what not, just depending on the type of audition. There may be a dance call or readings done. Possibly fittings.

Interview Questions
    • Improving can be hard! If you never have done that, this job may not be for you.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You get set characters and get set pay.

Gameskeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Universal Studios in August 2012.

i filled out an online application and then i finished all the survey and questions and then about 2 days later i received an email to set up an appointment . i then arrived there about twenty minutes early and the wait was minimal for the first part of the interview , after i was done i advanced to the second round of interviewing which was very efficient it allowed me to recieve a casual position instead of a seasonal. everyone there was very nice! i was offered the job on the spot. :]