Universal Studios

2.3

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in May 2014.

i have applied online and it takes 1 week for phone interview then HR would call for 2nd interview. It was quick to receive the news for 2nd in. Parking lot is always full. So be sure to arrive 30-40 mins early to look for a spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios in April 2011.

Applied online, got called to interview at the HR department, waited about 20 minutes, got to talk to someone in a room full of different people being interviewed at other desks, got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty generic, no experience was really required.   Answer Question
    After being hired on the spot, I was told what attractions were available, and chose which one I wanted to go work at. The pay was told to me up front.

Utilities Third Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios in December 2013.

Applied online, answer some questions and then go in for the initial HR interview a few days latern to make sure you are not a crazy. Some positions are not complicated and will hire after 1st interview, this position ( and all 3rd shift positions) require at least 2. Once hired you get finger-printed and then it's just 2-7 days of paid orientation depending on your role.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. First interview is just for personality and experience. Second interviews will focus on whatever skill set your role will require.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Set pay for each role with set raises.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter- Attractions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in February 2014.

When you apply, it takes a while to hear back, if you havent heard back email their HR and they might help. Once you do get an interview, you get to schedule it yourself for a time that best fits you, and you should expect to wait once you check in. I personally went in at 10 and it took me til 11:20 to get into the offices. Once they call your name they ask you things like, "why do you want to work for this company?" "what makes you more qualified than others" "are you open all days of the week, if not what days?" (then ask if you could, upon acceptance, open up any days.) and depending on what area you apply for they in turn ask for reasons for that location.

Interview Questions
    • If applying for the Wizarding World, expect to be asked basic and hard questions about the movie. The most difficult guestion i was asked was "Who is the guardian in the chamber of secrets and what powers did they possess?"   Answer Question
    Pay is the same, awesome equal pay though.

HHN Show Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2013.

It didn't take long after I applied to get a response. I got an email asking me to schedule an interview. The interview itself was pretty easy. There was a series of interviews with different people. The first one was general questions about previous employment and details about the job itself. After I passed the first interview, the other one was more behavioral questions and personal questions about yourself. Then she told me specifics about the position, asked if I was interested in other positions. She listed what was available (a seasonal position or a full-time attractions attendant position). I chose the seasonal position and then was moved from one of several rooms to fill out paperwork with a group of people.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you worked with a group of people to accomplish something.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Seasonal Entertainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Studios in October 2010.

Walk in through HR get a number and picture taken filed in about 5-7 at a time and the audition begins. Introduce yourself then you may be asked to turn around so that they can see your body type; during this time panel is taking notes and whisper among themselves so don't take it personal. When moments present themselves smile

Interview Questions
    • Improv- either you have the ability for on the spot improv or you don't   View Answer
    Each role has set pay rate

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2011.

The communication was great and only 1 interview

Interview Questions
    It was seasonal but at the end I got part time

Animated Character Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2012.

Auditions can be lengthy... they do not always stay on time. Appointments can be close together so you end up waiting a while. Once inside, they will make cuts and what not, just depending on the type of audition. There may be a dance call or readings done. Possibly fittings.

Interview Questions
    • Improving can be hard! If you never have done that, this job may not be for you.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You get set characters and get set pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Studios.

The interview process was pretty swift infact the first day of my interview i was hired on the spot all i had to do really in come back for orientation and that process was kind of long. But in the interview you speak to one of th HR team and they have a personal sitdown with you and go over the job details for which you applied and assess your capabilities and potential for the job. then from there they refer you to someone in that job department who lets you know of available positions after a second interview with some character questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Universal Studios.

So the first thing is to apply online, even if you go into the human resources office to apply in person they send you to a computer. You get an email asking you to setup an appointment. Come like 15 minutes early but expect to be there for at least 2-4 hours. Your appointment time is just the beginning f the timed block. You don't want to be the last 2:00 for example. The interviewers are nice but some are more stuffy then others. They like a person who shakes their hand and is dressed professionally. Make sure to know you're social security number.

Interview Questions
    • How did you help a person on your team succeed even though they were not as skilled?   Answer Question

Worked for Universal Studios? Contribute to the Community!