Universal Studios

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in May 2014.

Interview Details – i have applied online and it takes 1 week for phone interview then HR would call for 2nd interview. It was quick to receive the news for 2nd in. Parking lot is always full. So be sure to arrive 30-40 mins early to look for a spot.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   View Answer

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, got called to interview at the HR department, waited about 20 minutes, got to talk to someone in a room full of different people being interviewed at other desks, got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty generic, no experience was really required.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After being hired on the spot, I was told what attractions were available, and chose which one I wanted to go work at. The pay was told to me up front.

Utilities Third Shift Interview

Utilities Third Shift
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Studios in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, answer some questions and then go in for the initial HR interview a few days latern to make sure you are not a crazy. Some positions are not complicated and will hire after 1st interview, this position ( and all 3rd shift positions) require at least 2. Once hired you get finger-printed and then it's just 2-7 days of paid orientation depending on your role.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. First interview is just for personality and experience. Second interviews will focus on whatever skill set your role will require.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Set pay for each role with set raises.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter- Attractions Interview

Wizarding World of Harry Potter- Attractions
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in February 2014.

Interview Details – When you apply, it takes a while to hear back, if you havent heard back email their HR and they might help. Once you do get an interview, you get to schedule it yourself for a time that best fits you, and you should expect to wait once you check in. I personally went in at 10 and it took me til 11:20 to get into the offices. Once they call your name they ask you things like, "why do you want to work for this company?" "what makes you more qualified than others" "are you open all days of the week, if not what days?" (then ask if you could, upon acceptance, open up any days.) and depending on what area you apply for they in turn ask for reasons for that location.

Interview Question – If applying for the Wizarding World, expect to be asked basic and hard questions about the movie. The most difficult guestion i was asked was "Who is the guardian in the chamber of secrets and what powers did they possess?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is the same, awesome equal pay though.

HHN Show Attendant Interview

HHN Show Attendant
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2013.

Interview Details – It didn't take long after I applied to get a response. I got an email asking me to schedule an interview. The interview itself was pretty easy. There was a series of interviews with different people. The first one was general questions about previous employment and details about the job itself. After I passed the first interview, the other one was more behavioral questions and personal questions about yourself. Then she told me specifics about the position, asked if I was interested in other positions. She listed what was available (a seasonal position or a full-time attractions attendant position). I chose the seasonal position and then was moved from one of several rooms to fill out paperwork with a group of people.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you worked with a group of people to accomplish something.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Seasonal Entertainer Interview

Seasonal Entertainer
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Studios in October 2010.

Interview Details – Walk in through HR get a number and picture taken filed in about 5-7 at a time and the audition begins. Introduce yourself then you may be asked to turn around so that they can see your body type; during this time panel is taking notes and whisper among themselves so don't take it personal. When moments present themselves smile

Interview Question – Improv- either you have the ability for on the spot improv or you don't   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Each role has set pay rate

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2011.

Interview Details – The communication was great and only 1 interview

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was seasonal but at the end I got part time

Animated Character Interview

Animated Character
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Studios in September 2012.

Interview Details – Auditions can be lengthy... they do not always stay on time. Appointments can be close together so you end up waiting a while. Once inside, they will make cuts and what not, just depending on the type of audition. There may be a dance call or readings done. Possibly fittings.

Interview Question – Improving can be hard! If you never have done that, this job may not be for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You get set characters and get set pay.

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty swift infact the first day of my interview i was hired on the spot all i had to do really in come back for orientation and that process was kind of long. But in the interview you speak to one of th HR team and they have a personal sitdown with you and go over the job details for which you applied and assess your capabilities and potential for the job. then from there they refer you to someone in that job department who lets you know of available positions after a second interview with some character questions.

Interview Question – There was not really anything hard to answer   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview Details – So the first thing is to apply online, even if you go into the human resources office to apply in person they send you to a computer. You get an email asking you to setup an appointment. Come like 15 minutes early but expect to be there for at least 2-4 hours. Your appointment time is just the beginning f the timed block. You don't want to be the last 2:00 for example. The interviewers are nice but some are more stuffy then others. They like a person who shakes their hand and is dressed professionally. Make sure to know you're social security number.

Interview Question – How did you help a person on your team succeed even though they were not as skilled?   Answer Question

Worked for Universal Studios? Contribute to the Community!