Universal Survey Center

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Telephone Interviewer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Survey Center.

Interview Details – Always hiring. You simply need to read 2-3 paragraphs well and know how to use a computer to fill the application. If you can get to this webpage and have a clear speaking tone, you will be hired.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Universal Survey Center in November 2013.

Interview Details – Mass interview and orientation. Mass purging and terminating. Crammed in a filthy break room with unwashed street people who get hired on the spot. Rude orientation supervisors insuling and inviting law suit. The interview to work time table is from 48-72 hours. Pay is evety two weeks. If an applicant hss a 5th grade reading level they are hired regardless of how they smell.

Interview Question – Do you mind the smell?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Universal Survey Center.

Interview Details – No resume needed. Just two forms of ID. Undergo a reading test

Negotiation Details – Take the job with the slightly above minimum wage rate or not

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Telephone Interviewer

I applied in-person and interviewed at Universal Survey Center.

Interview Details – U get hired and interviwed the same day

Schedule Administrative Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Universal Survey Center.

Interview Details – The interview started out real formal, three interviewers. I was already working there & applying for an admin. opening. After a quick couple minutes the questions were charater based (to see if I could handle the stress of the floor). It flowed smoothly. I was really applying for an admin. position while I was already working there. They knew my work history & I knew company history. I was actually applying for a admin. position but was told it came down to me and another employee & was told it was close. I was told of another position that I would be a good fit for and took it.

Interview Question – None really, they knew my info. from my six months working there, no real surprises from them, none they didn't know already.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You don't match what we're looking for in this position but another position is open that we think your a fit for, are you interested/

Daytime Telephone Interviewer Position Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Universal Survey Center in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview commences with a survey about your work habits and your need for money and how independent you are. Then the other part is to read a script verbatim on the computer monitor for the HR representative to hear. If you read clearly, at a steady speed and most importantly do not mispronounce the words then you will be invited for a second interview.
At the second interview, there is a long briefing about the company rules, and policies. After the briefing new hires are issued a test based on the briefing of the company's policies. If you pass, then you start the same day.

Interview Question – Do you support yourself or do you rely on support from others? This was on the survey.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Universal Survey Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Universal Survey Center interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Universal Survey Center employees and interview candidates.