Universal Truckload Services Fleet Manager Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Universal Truckload Services

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Truckload Services (Warren, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

I was in need of a job after relocating to the Detroit area. For whatever reason I started looking on craigslist.com and saw an add for an entry level fleet manager position. At the time I did not have any business, logistics experience. I was banking on the fact I have a CDL and use to driver a truck. I sent in my resume and 2-3 days later I received a call for an interview. At that point I filled out an application and sat with the corporate recruiter for about 30 minutes. Overall it was a basic screening interview. Basic questions about my past employment and future goals. About a week later my recruiter called me back asking for a second interview. This time he asked me what I knew about Universal Truckload. Thankfully I did my homework! The entire hiring process lasted about 3 weeks before I was given an offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• What I knew about Universal as a company. What is my biggest professional challenge was and how did I complete it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little more pay and vacation days because I started in the middle of the year and already had planned days off.

Other Interview Reviews for Universal Truckload Services

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Truckload Services (Houston, TX) in July 2008.

Interview

The 1:1 interview was not much of an interview. The employer had seen my resume and did all the talking. There were no questions to be answered just an outline of what the job entailed and the overview of the company. The phone interview was about 30 minutes and it covered previous employment, what you would like to do, are you going to school, extracirricular activites.