Universal Weather and Aviation

www.univ-wea.com

Universal Weather and Aviation Associate Trip Owner Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Trip Owner

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation.

Interview Details – Talked to different managers who wanted to see if I fit in. They also asked questions to see if I knew about the company. Pretty basic stuff.

Interview Question – Tell us about Universal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. College degrees don't get you more money here.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation.

Interview Details – Applied online through a third party listing. Minimal work history with bachelors degree. They called to come in for a typing test (standard is over 30wpm) and geography test (standard is over 70). Geography test consists of questions like: how many countries in the world (multiple choice, name the oceans, how many/name continents, etc. I passed the tests and was called to schedule a two part interview. First interview was with a couple of team managers. They just asked your typical questions about being a team player, leadership skills, dependability, punctual, transportation to work, what I know about the company already and what to expect in my role. Second interview was with the director and another manager. This interview was brief. What did I know about the company and what is expected of me. Was told to go take a drug test and was called to when to show up for training. Sign a horrific non-compete agreement saying you won't work for competitors for a long time if you leave.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You are going to be paid this amount. You get 3 automatic increases during the first 9mo and then it's a pretty standard raise process like other companies; performance based, how we'll the company is doing financially, etc.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation in March 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication was to confirm the information in my application. Then I was invited to the skills test consisting of a geography test, Microsoft Office 2003 skills test, and a typing test. The in-person interviews consisted of meeting first with senior employees and then a second interview (same day) with team managers. The questions were open-ended to get an idea if you fit their company culture, which is very customer-centric.

Interview Questions

• Describe what Universal Weather and Aviation and what it does.   View Answer
  • Describe yourself and why you want to join the company.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The starting wage is non-negotiable, while there are pay bumps for new hires, having a degree is given no bonus in terms of pay, only in getting to an interview.

Associate Trip Owner

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation in April 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online, HR phone call, geography test, then interview with managers, and if recommended, interview with department chair

Interview Question – What does it mean to be a team player?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Universal Weather and Aviation

Worked for Universal Weather and Aviation? Contribute to the Community!