Universal Weather and Aviation Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

2.6

Associate Trip Owner Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation.

Talked to different managers who wanted to see if I fit in. They also asked questions to see if I knew about the company. Pretty basic stuff.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. College degrees don't get you more money here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

First interview was over the phone. Then I was invited in to take a Geography test and a typing test. A few days later I received a phone call inviting me in for an interview with the HR manager which then led to an interview with a Manager and a Supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you would be a good fit for Universal?   Answer Question

Trip Support Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation in January 2011.

I applied and was contacted for a timed skills test. It was of average difficulty and at times didn't seem to have anything to do with the job for which I was applying. I passed the exam and was scheduled for interviews. My first interview was with the managers on the floor, and my second interview was with the Director of Operations and a Senior Manager. I received a call a few days later to be scheduled for training.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think a person in your position is to be a salesman?   View Answer

Finance Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation.

Very short interview process; I received a call from an HR person about a week after applying online, and set up a time at which he was to call me for a 30-minute phone interview. The appointed time came and went with no call or follow-up message. I guess I didn't get the job?

Interview Questions
    • Would you be available at 2:00 on Thursday for a phone interview?   View Answer

Associate Trip Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation.

Applied online through a third party listing. Minimal work history with bachelors degree. They called to come in for a typing test (standard is over 30wpm) and geography test (standard is over 70). Geography test consists of questions like: how many countries in the world (multiple choice, name the oceans, how many/name continents, etc. I passed the tests and was called to schedule a two part interview. First interview was with a couple of team managers. They just asked your typical questions about being a team player, leadership skills, dependability, punctual, transportation to work, what I know about the company already and what to expect in my role. Second interview was with the director and another manager. This interview was brief. What did I know about the company and what is expected of me. Was told to go take a drug test and was called to when to show up for training. Sign a horrific non-compete agreement saying you won't work for competitors for a long time if you leave.

No negotiation. You are going to be paid this amount. You get 3 automatic increases during the first 9mo and then it's a pretty standard raise process like other companies; performance based, how we'll the company is doing financially, etc.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation in July 2009.

Interviewed with 6 people individually, then had a group interview. They asked more questions focused on how I would fit into company culture then my work experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, I needed a job.

Trip Support Specialist Interview

Greeted by HR and waited for 30 minutes till I spoke to a Manager of the area.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation.

H.R. calls to further screen potential applicants then an on site interview takes place with 2 hiring managers. If an offer is made, then a background check and drug test are completed. Overall, the company is a good place to start out at but wouldn't recommend staying due to lots of office politics and favoritism.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was very casual and somewhat informal. This is not usual though, so dont expect the same situation.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation in April 2012.

Detailed

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation in February 2012.

A meeting with HR and the hiring manager. The hiring manager refused my request to meet with other employees that work in that department. This refusal of a simple request was an immediate red flag that something is being hidden. Beware of any potential employers that do not want you to meet with other employees in that department that you will be working closely with on a daily basis....The truth with probably scare you away....

Interview Questions

Reputation of high turnover! Lack of confidence in hiring manager!

Worked for Universal Weather and Aviation? Contribute to the Community!