University College London Interview Questions & Reviews in London, England

5 interviews

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University College London in April 2012.

Applied and was offered an interview for the following week. Interviewed via Skype. Interview consisted of some basic questions about experience, behavior, and abilities. Interviewers were friendly and it seemed like more of a discussion than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are the differences between Alzheimers and Frontotemporal Dementia?   Answer Question
    • Living in a rural town in the US, do you think living in London would be difficult for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University College London in March 2012.

Public Adv. for 3 weeks for recruitment, followed by selecting candidates for interviews and final selection.

Interview Questions
    • Usually specific to your research experience   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University College London in September 2012.

friend emailed me a job link he found on a listserv. I applied online; it was the standard academic application procedure. Maybe a week or two later I received an email setting up an interview for a week hence. Interviewed, and was offered the post by email half an hour after the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    My start date was incredibly negotiable. But that was about the only negotiating. Salary was completely non-negotiable. Work schedule was whatever I wanted as long as I averaged enough hours per month.

Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University College London in August 2009.

Submission of CV and letter of interest - shortlist invited interview with panel of 3 faculty members (line manager, dept director, outsider)

Interview Questions
    • How will the position help you achieve your long-term goals? and What can you contribute?   Answer Question
    There is little negotiation for this level position at UK universities. Salaries stick very close to determined scales.

Ad Hoc Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at University College London in January 2008.

Submission of required paperwork, with statement of purpose, and one-to-one interview. Interview, like application, was based on internal reference and never opened to outsiders, as this was a cut-rate employment. There was no negotiation. Salary was pre-determined by administrators within the employers. No benefits. No leave. It all amounted to voluntary work with slight financial reimbursement.

Interview Questions

Worked for University College London? Contribute to the Community!