University College London Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.8

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

I was invited to interview after application online. The interview is normal for a reserarch associate position. First a 25 minutes presentation about my previous research and then a 40 minutes interview. The audience of the presentation was friendly. There were no difficult problems. The interview process consisted of a number of questions about me, and some research questions.

Interview Questions

• No especially difficult problems. However, there were some questions on details for example, a couple of questions about famous papers in the research area.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University College London

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted via email with interview offer 3 days after submitting application. Interview scheduled two weeks later. Interview in front of panel, with 10 min presentation. After the interview, contacted later that day by email with job offer, contingent on reference checks. Formal offer made one week after interview. Not much more to say really. Don't really understand why there is a requirement for fifty words minimum? Surely what I have already written is sufficient?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Application through online system. After a first shortlisting I was invited for a first interview (in person - but could have been via Skype if too far away) consisting of a presentation of one of my last projects, questions around two publications I was asked to read a couple of weeks before the interview day, and an attention to details test. After a second shortlisting, I was inviting for a 2-hour data analysis task to perform after a discussion with a mock collaborator.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

friend emailed me a job link he found on a listserv. I applied online; it was the standard academic application procedure. Maybe a week or two later I received an email setting up an interview for a week hence. Interviewed, and was offered the post by email half an hour after the interview was over.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My start date was incredibly negotiable. But that was about the only negotiating. Salary was completely non-negotiable. Work schedule was whatever I wanted as long as I averaged enough hours per month.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied and was offered an interview for the following week. Interviewed via Skype. Interview consisted of some basic questions about experience, behavior, and abilities. Interviewers were friendly and it seemed like more of a discussion than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between Alzheimers and Frontotemporal Dementia?   Answer Question
    • Living in a rural town in the US, do you think living in London would be difficult for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Public Adv. for 3 weeks for recruitment, followed by selecting candidates for interviews and final selection.

Interview Questions

• Usually specific to your research experience   1 Answer

Negotiation