University College London Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University College London.

I was invited to interview after application online. The interview is normal for a reserarch associate position. First a 25 minutes presentation about my previous research and then a 40 minutes interview. The audience of the presentation was friendly. There were no difficult problems. The interview process consisted of a number of questions about me, and some research questions.

Interview Questions
  • No especially difficult problems. However, there were some questions on details for example, a couple of questions about famous papers in the research area.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University College London

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University College London in September 2012.

friend emailed me a job link he found on a listserv. I applied online; it was the standard academic application procedure. Maybe a week or two later I received an email setting up an interview for a week hence. Interviewed, and was offered the post by email half an hour after the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    My start date was incredibly negotiable. But that was about the only negotiating. Salary was completely non-negotiable. Work schedule was whatever I wanted as long as I averaged enough hours per month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University College London in April 2012.

Applied and was offered an interview for the following week. Interviewed via Skype. Interview consisted of some basic questions about experience, behavior, and abilities. Interviewers were friendly and it seemed like more of a discussion than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are the differences between Alzheimers and Frontotemporal Dementia?   Answer Question
    • Living in a rural town in the US, do you think living in London would be difficult for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University College London in March 2012.

Public Adv. for 3 weeks for recruitment, followed by selecting candidates for interviews and final selection.

Interview Questions
    • Usually specific to your research experience   View Answer