University Hospitals of Cleveland

University Hospitals of Cleveland Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.6

Patience Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland.

Interview

Very easy going first the recruiter contracts you then you get a face to face interview. After that it's a waiting game because everything is done through the recruiter. A background check is ran before you get a call with an offer. That's when they discuss hours and pay rate with you

Andrologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Beachwood, OH).

Interview

I was contacted via phone by a recruiter in the HR department to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 to 45 minutes and was basic questions about my background and experience as well as personality questions. At the end of the phone interview the recruiter set up an in person interview with the head of the department before ending the phone conversation.
         For my in person interview I met with the other employees working in the lab while waiting to meet with the doctor. During this time I was able to ask them a few questions and they also looked over my resume. I then sat down with the head doctor of the IVF lab and he asked me the same basic interview questions that I had for the phone interview. I was there for a total of about 45 minutes.
         About a week later I was contacted by the HR recruiter again to set up a second interview as well as start a background check and have my references contacted. For the second interview I met with the head doctor again and he asked me basically the same questions he asked the first time. I also met with one of the department managers and he asked about availability and the commute time to and from the hospital for me. I was then given a tour of the lab by a few of the current andrologists and embryologists. After the tour I met with each of the employees individually and I was able to ask them some questions and they also asked me some questions. This part of the interview was a bit awkward because it was obvious none of the employees knew exactly what to say or ask of me. It seemed like they were unaware that they would have to sit down one on one with me. This whole interview process took a total of about an hour and a half. I was told I would hear back from them either way within a week.
        During the next week all three of my references were contacted. Throughout the entire interview process I was able to go online to the careers website and check the current status of this process. At this time the status said background check in progress. I still hadn't heard anything a week later so I called the HR recruiter and left a message with her asking about the status of the position. After several days I still had heard nothing so I called her once again and left another message asking her to get back to me. I never ended up hearing anything back from the company at all. The status on the website continued to say background check in progress until 2 months later when it finally was updated to not selected for position. I found it extremely frustrating and unprofessional to have never heard anything back even though I contacted them twice to ask about it and I was told I would hear either way.

Clinical Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Beachwood, OH).

Interview

I was initally contacted by HR who conducted a brief phone interview on the spot. After that, she arranged for an in-person interview with the hiring manager who made me an offer on the spot. This was for the Rehabilitation hospital in Beachwood.

Coding Specialist II - Hospital-816721 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shaker Heights, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Shaker Heights, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, initial phone interview was great went smoothly; since internal application. The process is straight forward and to the point didn't have any concerns with first phone interview. The second interview was swift but with a couple of statements saying an employee can not have a part time position and a full time position at the same time in two different departments.

Interview Questions

• Second telephone interview did not went so well first she was 5 mins late. She stated that I could not work two non-exempt positions which is untrue. At the end HR stated that it went well and scheduled a face to face we discussed a date& time but then said she'll get back to me for confirmation. Checked my status now they say I'm not selected. Poor communication   1 Answer

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR. Second interview with department supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical situation questions set up to lead you to give personal information.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was right out of school so it was a basic new employee package. It was fair.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland.

Interview

Computerized application process. Computer tends to screen out qualified individuals. Process can take over 30 days from application status to HR generalist interview, then on to department interview and hire.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of the best improvement you made at a previous facility and explain the impact it had on the department or facility.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland.

Interview

A total of 3 interviews, first one with staff/recruiting manager, next one with manager of trainers and the last one was with team members.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, lots of what would you do questions, scenarios, etc.   Answer Question

IT Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland.

Interview

The process was long.

Medical Assistant/Parma Hospital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parma, OH

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Parma, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Two ladies interviewed me. They looked over my resume and asked me questions based off my previous work history. "Tell me about a time when.." "How did you handle that situation?" "Why did you choose medical assisting?" "Tell me about yourself?"

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question that I was not prepared for was "What department would you most be interested in?"   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland.

Interview

very thorough, comfortable, and encouraging

Interview Questions

• Why did I go into Pharmacy   1 Answer